The Student Room Group

MySQA 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anthonyfl
Thanks! :smile: my teacher still had the folios on the day I came back. He just refused to give me it. I take it that it's possible to appeal for folios then? :biggrin:

You can't appeal for individual parts of an exam, but if you get a lower grade than predicted overall then it may be possible to appeal. But this must be done through your school, so you have to speak to them. But don't worry about that just now - just focus on getting the best results you can so you don't have to appeal. Good luck!
Thanks! :smile: my teacher still had the folios on the day I came back. He just refused to give me it. I take it that it's possible to appeal for folios then? :biggrin:

Hi

As I thought, this is very much a school issue and it's difficult to know what advice to offer. You should certainly take it up with your school, or if you feel strongly enough about it you might think of getting in touch with the Education Department of your Local Authority and copying in your Councillor. But I couldn't promise that would achieve anything for you.

With regard to what should be in the Folio, you could ask SQA that specific question via the enquiry form on our website http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/38676.2584.html.

Hope that helps.
So we're well into the exams season now. Tomorrow - Music and Urdu.
Original post by mysqa
Hi

As I thought, this is very much a school issue and it's difficult to know what advice to offer. You should certainly take it up with your school, or if you feel strongly enough about it you might think of getting in touch with the Education Department of your Local Authority and copying in your Councillor. But I couldn't promise that would achieve anything for you.

With regard to what should be in the Folio, you could ask SQA that specific question via the enquiry form on our website http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/38676.2584.html.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much! :smile: what can I do if I find an incomplete folio has been sent on my behalf?
Thanks so much! :smile: what can I do if I find an incomplete folio has been sent on my behalf?

As I say, you really need to take that up with your school in the first instance.

But now is not the time to be stressing about these things. You might do well anyway in the exam. And you shouldn't let it distract you from the other exams.
Reply 185
If I no longer have access to the e-mail address I signed up with to mySQA and I have forgotten my password, what do I do to recover my account?
Reply 186
Think Urdu is the most popular of the less popular languages. Apparently 90 or so people did it in 2010, compared to the 5 doing Cantonese.
Reply 187
Hello,
Do people with 100% in their standard grades get told if they do so and get awards for it?
I know people who do highers do but I wasn't sure about standard grades....
Original post by Derri-95
If I no longer have access to the e-mail address I signed up with to mySQA and I have forgotten my password, what do I do to recover my account?

Email us at [email protected] with your SCN and we'll get it sorted. You might have to reregister though.
Original post by -Neuro-
Hello,
Do people with 100% in their standard grades get told if they do so and get awards for it?
I know people who do highers do but I wasn't sure about standard grades....

I think I've answered this elsewhere, but at SQA we don't send letters to candidates scoring 100%. However, the schools and local authorities will be aware of anyone in their centres achieving this and may choose to recognise it (and get some local PR). I can't vouch for any other Exam Boards.
Original post by mysqa
Email us at [email protected] with your SCN and we'll get it sorted. You might have to reregister though.

Is it true that if everyone dies during an exam everyone gets an A in the hall/room?
So how did the Music and the Urdu go today? Hopefully you did okay.
Reply 192
Original post by mysqa

Thanks Very much.
Original post by JaggySnake95
Is it true that if everyone dies during an exam everyone gets an A in the hall/room?

:hmmm:
Original post by Nessie162
:hmmm:

Yes?
Original post by JaggySnake95
Yes?

Planing on killing someone? :colone: Personally I think studying is better! :biggrin:
I'm joking obviously :wink:

Where did you hear that everybody gets an A in that case? I wonder it it's true...
Reply 196
Original post by nerd434
Never heard of any schools teaching Urdu, isn't it spoken by Muslims in Asia?

They teach it drummond and james gillespies, I just sat my Higher Urdu exam today
Original post by Nessie162
Planing on killing someone? :colone: Personally I think studying is better! :biggrin:
I'm joking obviously :wink:

Where did you hear that everybody gets an A in that case? I wonder it it's true...

Two birds with one stone eh. :wink:

Rumours..
mysqa
QFA

Sam,

I have to access my SQA in order to change my phone number. Unfortunately I also no longer have access to the e-mail address I signed up under and don't remember my username and password.

It won't let me re-register using the same SCN. What can I do?
Another big day tomorrow - French and Economics (but not French Higher). Bon chance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending