The Student Room Group

MySQA 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by anthonyfl
What time are texts/ emails sent at?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Original post by tasha96
If it's any help at all I recieved my email at 02:16 on results day last year (I kept mine because I'm sad like that :biggrin:).

I got mine 2 minutes past midnight last year :yep:
This is probably obvious but I want to ask anyway.On the day of exams,having signed up for the mySQA,do I check my emails or go straight to mySQA and login to find out my results? I'm thinking the former,but I thought the latter also made sense..
Reply 382
Original post by OddThings
This is probably obvious but I want to ask anyway.On the day of exams,having signed up for the mySQA,do I check my emails or go straight to mySQA and login to find out my results? I'm thinking the former,but I thought the latter also made sense..

Either should be fine :smile:

Check your emails. I may be wrong but I think the MySQA website closes for results day.
Reply 384

Original post by Ecosse_14
Check your emails. I may be wrong but I think the MySQA website closes for results day.

I stand corrected. :facepalm:
Original post by RyJ
I stand corrected. :facepalm:

I may be wrong :dontknow:
SAM will confirm it anyway.
3 days to go, and the high heidyins have issued the following press release. I thought I'd pass it on to you though:
DEADLINE FOR ONLINE EXAM RESULTS SERVICE DRAWS NEAR

Students looking to receive their school exam results before their certificate arrives by post only have a few days left to register for the service.

Registration for MySQA, the online service operated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA), closes at 5pm on Thursday 12 July.

Students who have successfully registered for the service at www.mysqa.org.ukand activated their personal accounts will receive their SQA exam results via text message and/or email by 9am on results day, Tuesday 7 August.

To date, 45,012 students have registered with MySQA and 34,682 have activated their accounts. To ensure they receive their results by text and/or email, students must activate their accounts by 5pm on Friday 20 July.

All 159,000 students awaiting their National Qualification results which includes candidates who have sat Advanced Highers, Highers, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2 and/or Standard Grades will receive their certificates by postal delivery on Tuesday 7 August.

Steve Borley, Head of Marketing at SQA, said: “MySQA lets learners see their results online and manage their details throughout their time at school or college.

“While it’s particularly useful at this time of year when students can get their results via text and email by 9am on results day, MySQA is a year-round service allowing all eligible learners, not just those at school, to access a summary of the vocational and academic qualifications they have achieved over the course of their education and training.”

For the third year in a row, students have been able to download two SQA apps an exam timetable builder and a study plan to help them prepare for their exams.

Since August 2011, 36,653 timetable builders and 35,373 study guides have been downloaded.

From Tuesday 7 to Friday 10 August, SQA will operate a helpline for candidates who have questions or queries about their results or their certificates. Candidates should call 0845 279 1000 or visit www.sqa.org.uk/results.

Operators will be available to answer enquiries from 8am until 6pm on Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8 August and 9am to 5pm on Thursday 9 and Friday 10 August.

(Oh, and the MySQA site does close just before results day - it's a lot of results to update!)

:smile:
Original post by anthonyfl
What time are texts/ emails sent at?

They made a bit of a mess last year, if I recall correctly. I think you should be expecting them around 8am.
2 days - Remember you must register for MySQA by 5pm on Thursday! Results are sent out so that they should be with you by 9am on Thursday 7th. Technology being what it is, however....
Original post by mysqa
2 days - Remember you must register for MySQA by 5pm on Thursday! Results are sent out so that they should be with you by 9am on Thursday 7th. Technology being what it is, however....

Tuesday 7th you mean?
Words do not describe how happy I am to have my exams over with, even nearly 2 months after they finished :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
1 day left - you must register for MySQA by 5pm tomorrow to get your results early by text or email.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Tuesday 7th you mean?

Well spotted. :mad:
Will I be able to edit my phone number after the deadline?
Reply 394
Original post by mysqa
1 day left - you must register for MySQA by 5pm tomorrow to get your results early by text or email.

Does that mean we have to activate our account by then or just apply for the letter

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Desire Z
Original post by humza100
Does that mean we have to activate our account by then or just apply for the letter

Just to apply, you have until 20th to activate your account I believe.
Reply 396
Thanks

Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Will I be able to edit my phone number after the deadline?

Online you mean? Let me check - at the very least you'll have to be quick because we close the MySQA site before the 7th to ensure all the results are updated properly...
Original post by humza100

Apply for the letter. You have a further week to activate - so do it now!
LAST DAY - you have until 5pm today to register for MySQA (and possibly win one of two iPhone 4s). So what are you waiting for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending