The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
SPIED BUT DID NOT BUY, today in Sainsburys. The reason? I still have a whole box of Weetabix and Chocolate Weetabix in the house, but when they're done THESE ARE GETTING MUNCHED.

Reply 101
Original post by TotoMimo
SPIED BUT DID NOT BUY, today in Sainsburys. The reason? I still have a whole box of Weetabix and Chocolate Weetabix in the house, but when they're done THESE ARE GETTING MUNCHED.

I await your review like a kid on Christmas eve.
I sense them being a crushing disappointment if I'm honest. Like the chocolate flavoured ReadyBrek, or 'Spooky Sugar Puffs' (the toffee apple attempt), I fear they are going to be a triumph of idea over substance...

Until your recommendation, I'll stick with my mound of sugar and warm milk, with the odd weetabix chucked in.
Reply 102
Original post by dani_1991
I await your review like a kid on Christmas eve.
I sense them being a crushing disappointment if I'm honest. Like the chocolate flavoured ReadyBrek, or 'Spooky Sugar Puffs' (the toffee apple attempt), I fear they are going to be a triumph of idea over substance...

Until your recommendation, I'll stick with my mound of sugar and warm milk, with the odd weetabix chucked in.

The weirdest thing is that, the products that seek to combine two of your favourite things are NEVER as good as when you combine them yourself from separate components.

Nobody else noticed this? Brownie ice cream is never as good as a brownie and some ice cream. Cheddar on biscuits is amazing, but Chedds are merely mediocre. Something to do with self-crafting!!
Reply 103
You'll need to give into temptation very soon. In less than 3 weeks they'll be gone forever!

Sidenote: SPIED TODAY, DID NOT BUY:

Otherwise known as the SULTAN OF CEREAL. The ZEUS OF BREAKFASTS.

The reason? I would end up eating the whole box in one go, and one bowl is nutritionally sugarier and fattier than cake. BUT OH GOD, WILLPOWER TESTED TO THE MAX.

Oh my favourite cereal! A box only gives me around 3.5 servings :colondollar:
Reply 104
Original post by OnlyMe!
Oh my favourite cereal! A box only gives me around 3.5 servings :colondollar:

Hahaha, considering you're meant to get 10 servings out of a standard 500g box and it's one of the single most unhealthy (but absurdelicious) things on the PLANET, beating out even eating fudge cake for breakfast at 290 kcals for only 50g, if you're eating a third of a box at a time (with milk) that is one epic 1000kcal breakfast...

I salute.
Reply 105
Hahaha, considering you're meant to get 10 servings out of a standard 500g box and it's one of the single most unhealthy (but absurdelicious) things on the PLANET, beating out even eating fudge cake for breakfast at 290 kcals for only 50g, if you're eating a third of a box at a time (with milk) that is one epic 1000kcal breakfast...

I salute.

Haha, oh wow! This justifies me eating pancakes with Nutella for breakfast :colondollar:
Reply 106
Original post by OnlyMe!
Haha, oh wow! This justifies me eating pancakes with Nutella for breakfast :colondollar:

Sorry to perpetuate the topic-tangent but I just had to post this - depending on whether or not the portion size was reasonable, believe it or not pancakes and nutella are actually quite a bit healthier than eating, say, a big bowl of Crunchy Nut Clusters/Bites/Krave etc!

Cereal is delicious and PURE EVIL.
Reply 107
Sorry to perpetuate the topic-tangent but I just had to post this - depending on whether or not the portion size was reasonable, believe it or not pancakes and nutella are actually quite a bit healthier than eating, say, a big bowl of Crunchy Nut Clusters/Bites/Krave etc!

Cereal is delicious and PURE EVIL.

Ok, how about this? :colondollar:

Each pancake is about 160 calories each, the Nutella...I have no idea, but a fair bit!

I guess I could just have one pancake to keep the calories reasonable!

(I realise how fat this is making me sound. I'm a healthy weight, I promise, ha!)
Reply 108
Original post by OnlyMe!
Ok, how about this? :colondollar:

Each pancake is about 160 calories each, the Nutella...I have no idea, but a fair bit!

I guess I could just have one pancake to keep the calories reasonable!

(I realise how fat this is making me sound. I'm a healthy weight, I promise, ha!)

Nutella is about 80 cals a spoonful :smile:

its nice how they pretend its a healthy breakfast by using the whole 'we have nuts which is protein' spin on it
Reply 109
Original post by dani_1991
Nutella is about 80 cals a spoonful :smile:

its nice how they pretend its a healthy breakfast by using the whole 'we have nuts which is protein' spin on it

Indeed, don't forget the milk!

And suffice to say, I have more than a spoon of it. I have many spoons of Nutella on my pancakes.
Reply 110
Original post by OnlyMe!
Indeed, don't forget the milk!

And suffice to say, I have more than a spoon of it. I have many spoons of Nutella on my pancakes.

If you had any less it would be a crime :smile:
Reply 111
Spied today but DID NOT BUY (Sainsburys):

Why didn't I buy 'em?

Well, I don't have a ****ing clue what a "tagerine" is for starters.
spied but did not buy:
tumblr_lynj7sYCAK1qavw7wo1_500.jpg
i havnt worked up the courage to buy these yet. read the label! sounds they put drugs in the drink or something...
DSCN6667.JPG
Reply 113
Spied today, did not buy because of fear of sugar coma...

No wonder the damned shelves are about empty. EASTER EGGS BUY ONE GET.... TWO FREE?!

DAMN YOU TESSSSCOOOO!
buy one, get a heart attack free.
Yet, I'm still tempted.
Tesco's are offering buy 1 get 2 free?

Day off tomorrow, sugar coma time!
Reply 116
I would get there quick. Apparently the day I took the picture it was the first day the offer was on, and that's how empty the shelves were already...
I woke up late, got there and there was very slim pickings - no sugar coma for al :cry:
Reply 118
Spied, and DID BUY!!

In Sainsburys today I noticed this chocolate orange spread and choco coconut spread, and purchased the latter. I love Bounty/Mounds, and no joke - this is like BOUNTY ON TOAST. If you like coconut, GET SOME. Far more impressed than by their popping candy spread which was novel but a bit rubbish.

Reply 119
The+Vermonster.jpg

Tesco's.

Didn't buy it due to the fact I'm a student, and I can't realllly justify spending £4 on a tub of ice cream that will last me all of one hour

Quick Reply

Latest