The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emkate
Hey everyone, got an interview! Super happy, never thought I'd have a chance at bsms, just applied cause I love the look of it!

Was just wondering, what do the parents do when we have the interview day? My mothers been pestering me to find out haha!
Thank you :smile:

parents get to come in with you to the talk at the beginning of the day, then you'll either nbe in the 1st interview group or do the tour first. your mum can come on the tour with you but not up to the interview waiting room, you could be in the waiting room for over an hour before your interview depending on what slot you get so it's a bit of a wait! there's chairs and free biscuits and hot drinks in the waiting area for parents (free food in the interview waiting room too if your up for eating - crisps or pastries yum!) there's loads of parents waiting so they can chat if they want or not - hope this helps! my inteview was yesterday happy for any other questions (apart from telling you what they ask obviously!!! :smile: )
Original post by Stamarguerite
To people who have interviews: are any of you on gap years? Just wanting to know if they are leaving gap year students till the end with the grads or naat:smile:

Hey, I'm not on a gap year but i met quite a few people who were reapplicants at interview yesterday
Reply 582
I'm currently waiting for my A-Level results and I had not done biology. Is biology a must to apply to BSMS?
Still haven't heard anything from BSMS...
Anyone know the next interview dates? Just so I can keep my eyes peeled on those emails!!
Hope everyone else is doing okay with their applications!
All the bes!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 584
Original post by PeanutButter2000
parents get to come in with you to the talk at the beginning of the day, then you'll either nbe in the 1st interview group or do the tour first. your mum can come on the tour with you but not up to the interview waiting room, you could be in the waiting room for over an hour before your interview depending on what slot you get so it's a bit of a wait! there's chairs and free biscuits and hot drinks in the waiting area for parents (free food in the interview waiting room too if your up for eating - crisps or pastries yum!) there's loads of parents waiting so they can chat if they want or not - hope this helps! my inteview was yesterday happy for any other questions (apart from telling you what they ask obviously!!! :smile: )

Aw thank you so much for that! :smile:
Free food - always a good thing ;D how did you think your interview went? Were the panel friendly? I'm so nervous already haha.
Original post by Naviii
I'm currently waiting for my A-Level results and I had not done biology. Is biology a must to apply to BSMS?

Yeah, if you have read their prospectus or been on ucas to apply, then it states that you need both Chemistry AND Biology to A2 both at A grades.
Reply 586
Can I please remind everyone that sharing specific interview information, including questions, either in this thread or in PMs is not allowed. Please see this thread for more information. If you see any instances of this happening, please report the post so we can remove it. It is not fair for some to have an advantage over others in knowing interview questions.
everyones questions will be different anyway, and you will probably have a different interview panel. Best of luck everyone :smile: let me know if you have any questions.
Original post by Rebeelouise
Still haven't heard anything from BSMS...
Anyone know the next interview dates? Just so I can keep my eyes peeled on those emails!!
Hope everyone else is doing okay with their applications!
All the bes!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sorry didn't mean to neg I was trying to press the thumbs up icon but I was on my iPod and my finger slipped !! Hope you hear soon
Reply 589
As interviews being fixed do you assume rejection if not heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
Original post by bluebells1234
everyones questions will be different anyway, and you will probably have a different interview panel. Best of luck everyone :smile: let me know if you have any questions.

Hi,

I would like to ask you the same question that I asked to Diurno,

How are your graduate colleagues supporting their medicine course? Do they work, have bank loans or are the parents who are helping them?

thanks
Original post by emkate
Aw thank you so much for that! :smile:
Free food - always a good thing ;D how did you think your interview went? Were the panel friendly? I'm so nervous already haha.

it was ok, i rambled on a bit! yeah, they're really friendly and don't try to catch you out too much, just know your personal statement INSIDE OUT!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sdd
Hi,

I would like to ask you the same question that I asked to Diurno,

How are your graduate colleagues supporting their medicine course? Do they work, have bank loans or are the parents who are helping them?

thanks

Sorry i'm not completely sure on this one, I know some live with parents/ their own families, and some had previous jobs but then others live on campus. However i'm not sure how the loans work for graduates, there maybe some bursaries-but again not too sure on any details. Maybe call up?
Reply 593
Still not heard anything so am assuming rejection :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 594
Original post by Lh356

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theres still loads of dates left for interviews :smile:
Reply 595
Original post by Lh356

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here...slowly losing hope...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 596
Original post by Polioz
Theres still loads of dates left for interviews :smile:

Do you know how many dates left exactly and how much notice they give before each date :s-smilie:
Reply 597
I think someone said 2 dates left? not too sure...
Reply 598
Original post by Ama2007
I think someone said 2 dates left? not too sure...

dont think thats true, they interview every wed and saturday til end of march
Reply 599
Original post by Dixie
dont think thats true, they interview every wed and saturday til end of march

Sorry...I must have confused it with Aberdeen!

But, still....I am losing hope of an interview as the days go by...doesnt look good for me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending