The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fi-Bi-G
Really, really quiet. I know of three interviewees from 27th Feb and 2 from March 2nd and none of us have heard yet. On 27th we were told we'd hear in a fortnight. So that means tomorrow or Wednesday I hope!!!!

I have one other friend who did not get interviewed but hasn't heard a definite outcome either.

Its all so vague!!!

xx

Hey I was on the 27th too! Did they say a fortnight? I didn't actually ask as I thought they must get asked by every single person they see! I keep reading about an admissions meeting on the 18th so I think we may be waiting longer than we hoped :frown: I just wish they would let us know done way or the other!
Would be nice if they could hold the meeting earlier than the 18th - like today maybe:colondollar:

Wonder how many of us are waiting to hear post interview, there seem to have been a lot of rejections, or placed on waiting list , on this thread, seems to me more than the other medical schools.
Original post by Hotfudgechoc
It depends on individual circumstances. It takes a lot of determination, drive and ambition to reapply after each rejection. But if it's worth it for that person then they can reapply as many times as possible. Although some schools do have a policy on not being allowed to reapply after an unsuccessful interview.

I met some people who have masters and degrees who have applied more than four times and got rejected! I'm a re-applicant but will reapply next year if I don't get in this year. I will never give up, medicine is what I want to do.

wow! but wouldnt you decide dependent on feedback?
if my feedback was that I am just not able to be a doctor- I dont have what they are looking for, then id eventually have to accept it, but if it was just because of one aspect, id go with just one gap year and then abroad (or try via graduate, and id probably do optometry as a degree)
Original post by MedMed12
wow! but wouldnt you decide dependent on feedback?
if my feedback was that I am just not able to be a doctor- I dont have what they are looking for, then id eventually have to accept it, but if it was just because of one aspect, id go with just one gap year and then abroad (or try via graduate, and id probably do optometry as a degree)

Hey again!

Yours is a good point. Yes I guess if they say I am not good enough to be a doctor (after a lot of crying) I would accept it and do another degree after four or five attempts. Or go abroad and study medicine. Maybe do health clinical studies or cellular biology. However I know where I went wrong last year. I was too nervous in my Liverpool interview and wasn't as prepared as I should have been. So this year I was more prepared and even though I was nervous at first in my interview with BSMS, I got over it and did my very best. (Thats all you can do) I know what it takes to do medicine I have realistic view of what a doctors role is from my voluntary exp in hospitals. I just have to pray and hope they give me an offer this year.

You sound very determined too and don't seem like the type to give up on your dreams easily. Did you get interviews this cycle? I hope you get a place this year! I really do, I always see you giving encouragement and good advice to near suicidal peers on here... And that includes me������. That's some of the attributes of being a good doctor! It's always a good idea to go traveling it clears the head and broadens your experiences. It might be an advantage if that's what you want to do.

Time is just a small price to pay for your dreams to becoming a doctor.

So NEVER GIVE UP! This goes for everyone out there who's waiting!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JoshL123
Hey there! I was wondering if there were any current BSMS Students on this thread that could help me! I am deciding on which medical schools to firm and I was wondering if they could share with me their thoughts (good and bad) about studing at BSMS!

Thanks

Same! also any current students - are you living in Brighton or Sussex? which side do most students prefer? Do most medics live in the Paddocks housing bit (i think that's the name) in Brighton?
Reply 1185
Will it be to my detriment mentioning that I want to join the military after med school rather than joining the Nhs??
Original post by Skeleboy
Will it be to my detriment mentioning that I want to join the military after med school rather than joining the Nhs??

Errrr... Do you mean being a doctor In the military? If so then.... Wow!! Good for you. That's so brave and honourable of you. I'm not sure if its an advantage, did you mention it in your ps or interview?
I think either way you are going to be doing good for the community, to your country?
You can let admissions know I guess.. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Good luck to you mate!
(edited 11 years ago)
Does anyone know the email address for rejection feedback ?
Original post by curly_babe12
Does anyone know the email address for rejection feedback ?

[email protected]

Got given that address for reserve list feedback so assume its the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1189
I wonder when they decide if they are holding additional interview days in april/may because I know they might not even hold them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1190
I think today is the big admissions tutors meeting with the board :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What time do you guys think replies will start being received? According to last years thread, people received track updates at about 4pm/5pm on the day of the admissions meeting. Scary stuff!
Reply 1192
Original post by jess_medicine
What time do you guys think replies will start being received? According to last years thread, people received track updates at about 4pm/5pm on the day of the admissions meeting. Scary stuff!

Oh my god. That's so quick! I thought it would be from tomorrow onwards. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skyblue5
Oh my god. That's so quick! I thought it would be from tomorrow onwards. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it won't be too long until we find out. Good luck everyone! If I get an offer (fingers crossed because I don't think my interview was great) then I'm going to be firming and hoping to meet a lot of you there :smile:
Reply 1194
Lol, I promised myself that I wouldn't look in this forum on the results day because it always makes me feel a lot more anxious/nervous. So just to check, by the end of today will we ALL know if we have an offer or not? Also has anyone found out if they got a place (or not) in BSMS before today? Because I heard a rumor that someone was phoned around a week after their BSMS interview and were made an offer then and there!!

One of my friends who is now finally studying medicine at Barts told me how he applied FOUR times for medicine before he got in, he had around 11 rejections and only ONE offer. I told him you only needed one and he agreed, I'm also certain that he's going to be one of the best doctors ever because of his determination!

So basically what I'm trying to say is that a rejection is not the end it is the beginning.

Also does anyone know the graduate student ratios at BSMS?

Thanks and all the best
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 01kaluks
Lol, I promised my self that I wouldn't look in this forum on the results day because it always makes me feel a lot more anxious/nervous. So just to check, by the end of today will we ALL know if we have an offer or not? Also has anyone found out if they got a place (or not) in BSMS before today? Because I heard a rumor that someone was phoned around a week after their BSMS interview and were made an offer then and there!!

One of my friends who is now finally studying medicine at Barts told me how he applied FOUR times for medicine before he got in, he had around 11 rejections and only ONE offer. I told him you only needed one and he agreed, I'm also certain that he's going to be one of the best doctors ever because of his determination!

So basically what I'm trying to say is that a rejection is not the end it is the beginning.

Also does anyone know the graduate student ratios at BSMS?

Thanks and all the best

From last years thread, people found out if the had an offer/rejection/were on the post interview waiting list in the few days following the admissions meeting, with only some people getting their replies on the actual day. I've heard that track sometimes can take days to process replies from unis so they may all be decided today but not received for a few days. Also, it does seen that a very small number of exceptional candidates have already been made offers in the weeks following their interviews - you can see this on the stalking page, but the majority of offers should be given out this week.
At the interview, they said theyd write to us, as in post. So im thinking itll be wednesday before people here. Plus this is the first year theyve used this admissions method, so last years thread might not be a good indicator.
Reply 1197
Good point. Did they say that ?:confused:
It's scary to think that, right now, our futures are potentially being decided!
At the pre-interview talk they said theyd write to us, so everytime the postman comes i have major stress! I am so ready for UCAS to be over, it is so stressy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending