The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr00n
Well that's not true, because i got an interview and an offer with exactly that, 4a*s 7as

You can't say it's not true when it was stated on her reason for rejection? Our school doesn't cash in AS levels, so you obviously had good AS levels, because ours weren't allowed t be stated on ucas. I'm just saying, this person was saying about applying with 'poor' GCSE's, and if their AS levels weren't okay, then I was just saying that I know someone who had been rejected for that reason, more than one person actually, and it's just something to be mindful of.
Reply 1381
Original post by Jodieee2994
You can't say it's not true when it was stated on her reason for rejection? Our school doesn't cash in AS levels, so you obviously had good AS levels, because ours weren't allowed t be stated on ucas. I'm just saying, this person was saying about applying with 'poor' GCSE's, and if their AS levels weren't okay, then I was just saying that I know someone who had been rejected for that reason, more than one person actually, and it's just something to be mindful of.

ok fair enough, but we don't need to discourage her from applying because there's one case of someone with decent gcses getting rejected

i also didn't to cash in my AS levels
Original post by Fi-Bi-G
Best of luck to you too! I got the email too. I'm not sure why there are lots of offers outstanding but I reckon that might be a good thing for us. At least by next weekend we'll know. I've been looking at me emails every half hour! Do you hold any other offers? I don't. Until Tuesday then :-)

Thank you. I hope that's a good sign for us on the waiting list, either way we will be put out of our misery by next weekend like you say. I have no other offers just had one interview with Bsms. Got all my fingers and toes crossed for us ✌😊
Try to enjoy the long weekend!
Original post by Dr00n
ok fair enough, but we don't need to discourage her from applying because there's one case of someone with decent gcses getting rejected

i also didn't to cash in my AS levels

Why would I want to discourage her ? I just wouldn't want her to apply somewhere and not get in because of GCSE's, I know lots of people who have made the mistake of not looking into where they have applied properly, and I don't want her to do the same because it would be a shame if she didn't get in because of that. It's a silly thing not to get in on. Also, fair play to you on getting the offer, but like I said my friends both got rejected on their GCSE's, which were the same as yours, so your personal statement must have been awesome. Like I said, I wouldn't dream of discouraging someone from applying, and definitely not here, I love bsms and it's been my favourite med school since I started looking at them, so if anything I'd encourage it !
Got Rejected today ... Gonna reapply next year.

Good luck to those still on post hold list
Reply 1385
Hi, I'm new to this but I think I'm going to firm BSMS! Just wondering what accommodation other people are going for? I only saw accommodation on one campus and I can't even remember which one it was! Congrats to other offer holders and good luck to those still waiting to here back/reapplying!! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1386
*hear (sorry for bad grammar, I'm tired!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simmm
Hi, I'm new to this but I think I'm going to firm BSMS! Just wondering what accommodation other people are going for? I only saw accommodation on one campus and I can't even remember which one it was! Congrats to other offer holders and good luck to those still waiting to here back/reapplying!! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm gonne go with Paddock Fields. I had a look at the map of the accommodations and Stanmer Court is between a Highway and a railway line and I just don't know if I'll be able to sleep with all the noise. I don't think there's really much difference between them though.
Reply 1388
That's a good point! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1389
Original post by Hotfudgechoc
Got Rejected today ������������... Gonna reapply next year.

Same here, what was your UKCAT? My was 655 - they ranked us by UKCAT. I'm a bit fed up but will try again next year. Are you from Brighton area?
Fi
Reply 1390
Does anyone who's applied to accommodation know how I can login? I've got an account and I've validated it and everything I just can't find the place to put all my details?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got Rejected today ������������... Gonna reapply next year.

Original post by Fi-Bi-G
Same here, what was your UKCAT? My was 655 - they ranked us by UKCAT. I'm a bit fed up but will try again next year. Are you from Brighton area?
Fi

So sorry to hear!! :frown: Don't give up, there is still a chance in summer, because not everyone will meet their grades. etc. Keep positive :smile:
Original post by Fi-Bi-G
Fi

Hey Fi!
So sorry you got rejected too:frown: I was hoping you would have got in. I'm kinda fed up too I think it's the long wait. You have a good UKCAT score too I had a 610, not that good. I'm from Crosby, Liverpool. Where are you from? Just have to stay positive. I didn't cry this time. There could be a chance we could still get in later in the cycle, but I'm already planning for the next cycle. Are you reapplying? I hope you do. Big hug :smile:
Carmen
Original post by azrakhatun
So sorry to hear!! :frown: Don't give up, there is still a chance in summer, because not everyone will meet their grades. etc. Keep positive :smile:

Thank you! Will stay positive.
Original post by skyblue5
Does anyone who's applied to accommodation know how I can login? I've got an account and I've validated it and everything I just can't find the place to put all my details?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which part of it are you having a hard time with? If you follow the link from your email it should take you straight to the login page. After you login it gives you the opportunity to apply for accommodation.
Reply 1395
Original post by Stranger20
Which part of it are you having a hard time with? If you follow the link from your email it should take you straight to the login page. After you login it gives you the opportunity to apply for accommodation.

Im still on the post interview hold list! :-S
Reply 1396
Im still on the post interview hold list... :-S
Reply 1397
Hey Fi!
So sorry you got rejected too:frown: I was hoping you would have got in. I'm kinda fed up too I think it's the long wait. You have a good UKCAT score too I had a 610, not that good. I'm from Crosby, Liverpool. Where are you from? Just have to stay positive. I didn't cry this time. There could be a chance we could still get in later in the cycle, but I'm already planning for the next cycle. Are you reapplying? I hope you do. Big hug :smile:
Carmen

Well Carmen, I do hope you do keep on trying to get into med school and BSMS in particular because you have shown by your caring and supportive posts over many months, that you are exactly the type of team player that will become a great doctor.
I am the parent of a student who has been given an offer to BSMS (only offer so pure relieve), so I know how stressful the whole procedure is. and you've coped with it very well.
We live only 25 minutes form BSMS and know it quite well, and it really is a great place to study, so good luck to all of you here who are starting in September.
Original post by relaxing
Well Carmen, I do hope you do keep on trying to get into med school and BSMS in particular because you have shown by your caring and supportive posts over many months, that you are exactly the type of team player that will become a great doctor.
I am the parent of a student who has been given an offer to BSMS (only offer so pure relieve), so I know how stressful the whole procedure is. and you've coped with it very well.
We live only 25 minutes form BSMS and know it quite well, and it really is a great place to study, so good luck to all of you here who are starting in September.

Hi Parent of a future medic at Bsms!
thank you so much for your kind words and your support. Made me cope better with the disappointment of not getting a place. No I won't give up, and I do want a place with BSMS they are my first choice. Fell in love with the course, campus and the city. Your so lucky you don't live far from the campus! Well done to your son or daughter getting a place so happy for you:smile: you must be proud and very relived indeed!! I'm going to concentrate on improving my UCAS and gaining as much varied experiences I can in health care.

Thank you again:smile:

Good luck to those still waiting!
Reply 1399
Hi Parent of a future medic at Bsms!
thank you so much for your kind words and your support. Made me cope better with the disappointment of not getting a place. No I won't give up, and I do want a place with BSMS they are my first choice. Fell in love with the course, campus and the city. Your so lucky you don't live far from the campus! Well done to your son or daughter getting a place so happy for you:smile: you must be proud and very relived indeed!! I'm going to concentrate on improving my UCAS and gaining as much varied experiences I can in health care.

Thank you again:smile:

Good luck to those still waiting!

I know I'm only in year 10 and still have quite a bit to go through to get to medical school stage but I just wanted to wish you good luck too, there's always another chance. I really want to go to BSMS as well. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending