The Student Room Group

How to revise for both AS Biology and Chemistry ISA's

I HATE ISA's. I never do well in any of them :frown: and i really want A's!!!

Tips on how to revise for them and how to get a hold of RECENT specimen papers :smile:

AND DON'T SAY YOU CANT REALLY REVISE FOR THEM BECAUSE YOU CAN!

Much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
What boards are you doing?

I have my biology EMPA on Tuesday and Wednesday and my chemistry ISA on Thursday. It's not going to be a good week.
Original post by senz72
What boards are you doing?

I have my biology EMPA on Tuesday and Wednesday and my chemistry ISA on Thursday. It's not going to be a good week.

AQA :frown:

they always manage to screw me over
Reply 3
Original post by AwkwardTurtle..
AQA :frown:

they always manage to screw me over

I'm not sure what format you're doing. I do 3X which is different. :/

But what I can say is go onto the AQA website and do some past papers. Were you told of the topic?
Reply 4
Check with your tutors whether they've saved any copies of past exams. If you're lucky, they might even have copies of 'model' results so you can still carry out the table-drawing/graph-drawing/section A part of the ISAs without doing the practical.

There are some, although shockingly few, practice papers available on the AQA website. With regards to Biology, I'd suggest doing some of the 'How Science Works' questions - a fair amount of section B is analysing data/graphs and doing the general describe and explain deal. As for Chemistry, practice moles calculations.

EDIT: Both sets of questions should be in your subject textbooks, forgot to mention that - I'm assuming you have some. If not, there are plenty online if you know where to look.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending