The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

For all those people interested in body modifications, from piercings to tattoos and scarification.

Scroll to see replies

hmm..i've only got labret&industrial& several earrings..bridge was in planning
same with tattoos.planning to get on the back of my neck,or next to my knee..
scars..no exciting ones :wink:

can i join?^^
Reply 2
you can once they accept my application for a society. I only have a tattoo and two earrings in one ear and one earring in teh other. had a belly bar but that got rejected.. now planning a double centre tongue piercing and a new tattoo
Ooooh I'll join if you get one going!!
I have 15 piercings: 7 lobe piercings, an anti-tragus, 2 tragus piercings, a rook, conch, carteledge piercing, nose piercing, navel piercing

and two tattoos: one on my lower back and one on my hip :smile:

I'm planning on getting a tattoo on my foot and another carteledge piercing.
Reply 5
I'd join that. I'm extremely interested in piercings though I don't have many unusual ones or anything. Tattoos, I'm not so bothered about but I could talk forever about piercings.

I have 14 at the moment...would have 15, but I retired my industrial so I'm just left with 1 regular cartilage now. I have 9 lobe piercings, 2 stretched to 6g/4mm at the moment, tragus, rook, the random cartilage I just mentioned, navel and inverse navel. Nothing special really, I don't think any facial piercings would suit me and the one I really want - tongue web - I have to wait till I go to uni for.
Reply 6
i'll join, used to have 13 piercings, now have 5, no tatts yet , but soon .oh yes sooon they will be mine..
Id join if one gets started!
I have 6 piercings in my left ear, 1 stretched to 2mm and one to 5mm, and an industrial bar and lobe stretched to 5mm in my right ear, a scar on my chest from a rejected surface piercing (i like it though), my nipple piercing rejected, about 5 other ear ones have rejected.
Oh and a central labret and 2 side lip piercings.
Currently have 12 piercing holes in me.
Reply 8
burningwings
Id join if one gets started!
I have 6 piercings in my left ear, 1 stretched to 2mm and one to 5mm, and an industrial bar and lobe stretched to 5mm in my right ear, a scar on my chest from a rejected surface piercing (i like it though), my nipple piercing rejected, about 5 other ear ones have rejected.
Oh and a central labret and 2 side lip piercings.
Currently have 12 piercing holes in me.

sounds like a lot of rejected piercings!!!!
Reply 9
Saw this woman with a really cool labret piercing the other day... was only amazed coz it was barely noticeable.. she had a clear sorta stud in it.. i was like wow!!!

I like piercings but I wanna work with kids in a professional capacity (child psychotherapist) so can't really have too many piercings or tattoos.. and the ones i do have done will have to be able to be hidden (hence the fascination with the clear labret piercing)... Looking forward to my tongue piercings, I'm well excited.

How do people comeup with their designs... Do they :

1) Just pick from the designs at the shop.
2) look around at a variety of designs from a variety of sources (e.g the internet.
3) Design their own.
4) Another way.

Personally i design my own.. using stuff from the internet as a base.. Tend to use symbols and has to be something that means something to me. My first tattoo I had done last year was a rose (coz i just love em) around an ankh (meaning eternal life and was something to do with my gf) with the words aspire , achieve underneath (coz i was taught to aim high).

My next tattoo is the symbol "Harvester of Truth" - self-explanatory... signifies a stage in my life where i feel a need for honesty and truth. Neway if they don't accept this society coz i dunno if i've applied wrong or what.. i'll just keep this thread open!
Reply 10
Ew... I'm interested in piercings (not too many though), but not tattoos or 'scarification'.
Reply 11
not interested in scarification at all.. do like tattoos and piercings tho.. but as others have said not too many
Heya sounds groovy :smile:
I have boring piercings, just my ears and navel but currently planning on expanding! just not sure where :p:
Also recently got a tatto done on hipbone, kind of addictive though so I want another one :smile:
Juno
You're pretty much the same as me. I hate tattoos, apart from in my dream where I got one and then was gonna get another. If anyone's interested, it was sorta a heart but then with an arrow going through it that was bent at each side into like a handle.

Maybe that's a sign that you will now start liking tattoos! :p: If you believe in that sort of thing anyways! :rolleyes:
Reply 14
lil_lee
Maybe that's a sign that you will now start liking tattoos! :p: If you believe in that sort of thing anyways! :rolleyes:

could be another sign.. something to do with branding yourself with love or something.. although not quite sure about the bent arrow...
Quita
Saw this woman with a really cool labret piercing the other day... was only amazed coz it was barely noticeable.. she had a clear sorta stud in it.. i was like wow!!!

I like piercings but I wanna work with kids in a professional capacity (child psychotherapist) so can't really have too many piercings or tattoos.. and the ones i do have done will have to be able to be hidden (hence the fascination with the clear labret piercing)... Looking forward to my tongue piercings, I'm well excited.

How do people comeup with their designs... Do they :

1) Just pick from the designs at the shop.
2) look around at a variety of designs from a variety of sources (e.g the internet.
3) Design their own.
4) Another way.

Personally i design my own.. using stuff from the internet as a base.. Tend to use symbols and has to be something that means something to me. My first tattoo I had done last year was a rose (coz i just love em) around an ankh (meaning eternal life and was something to do with my gf) with the words aspire , achieve underneath (coz i was taught to aim high).

My next tattoo is the symbol "Harvester of Truth" - self-explanatory... signifies a stage in my life where i feel a need for honesty and truth. Neway if they don't accept this society coz i dunno if i've applied wrong or what.. i'll just keep this thread open!

I've designed my own tattoos. The one on my hip was taken from the Savage Garden song affirmation and it says "beauty magazines promote low self-esteem" and I have vines trailing around it. The writing is 'curved' along my hip bone.

I designed the tattoo on my back as well. I don't like taking other people's ideas or using the flash, but I do like to have a look just to see the sizes of tattoos people have... That sounds strange, but I want a tattoo on my ankle, and I just want to see the smallest tattoo size which could fit on... (I want a small rainbow you see...)

The clear labret stud sounds like a retainer, and you can get some cool ones :smile:
Reply 16
Well people I would just like to say that the Bod Mod society is up and running.. so you can request to join if you like... just click on socs.. find the name and go to join this soc!!!
I've requested to join!!! :p:
7 piercings :redface: all ear, 6x lobe. 1x top.

Wanting a tattoo, just need to find the right one :smile: Not too sure bout the whole scarification, far too many bad memories of self harm. :eek:

Wanted my lip/labret pierced for about 5 years now and never gottone around to it, so think i'll focus of te task in hand, finfing a a tatoo desigbn (or attempting to do my own)
Reply 19
almost chickened out about having my tongue pierced.. but still going for it....
was originally gonna go for a double tongue piercing but now thinking of just sticking to the single

Quick Reply

Latest