Original post by willlyburn1
you got 78 in c2 :0

Yep, thanks for that :| I was so gutted when I got the result :/
Reply 982
Original post by cz100
Ravenclaw in Pottermore :five:

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure! :thumbsup:
Original post by AK0001
Medicine is incredibly competitive across the board. I'm probably not the best person to give advice as I don't hold an offer for Medicine. I do, however, know of a few friends who were interviewed at Cambridge for Medicine a few years ago. They averaged around 96%+ in their AS modules, and even then only one of them received an offer. All three of them did well on the BMAT, hence all of them were given offers by Imperial.

If your friend averages above 95% in his sciences, then he may want to consider applying. It would be quite risky because he could use that choice for a less competitive medical school.

I'm sure the medics that are currently at Cambridge will be able to give you much better advice though :smile:.

Thanks, this really helped. Now we both want to apply for UCL.
Only problem is living in london.

What BMAT scores should he really be aiming for.... to get into oxbridge?
And for myself.... For UCL.... What BMAT scores should i get?
8200 words, 40 pages, many many diagrams, several tables and 4 graphs later, I can finally save and close my physics coursework. I AM FREE! Revision seems like light relief in comparison. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 985
Original post by a rusH
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Spanish. :smile:
Ahh, I've heard of Oliver Sacks! Not the others though... haha!
Thanks! And good luck :thumbsup:

I've got a great book by Oliver Sacks called Musicophilia; it's about music and the brain - I really recommend it, it's excellent!
Original post by cz100
Ravenclaw in Pottermore :five:

Original post by a rusH
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure! :thumbsup:

Yes! :five:
Reply 987
Original post by Kalliope
Yes! :five:

:shock: when did you change your username?
Original post by cz100
:shock: when did you change your username?

Not quite sure, a while ago. Wanted it to be a bit less obvious who I actually am :smile: Hello though, how are you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Oromis263
8200 words, 40 pages, many many diagrams, several tables and 4 graphs later, I can finally save and close my physics coursework. I AM FREE! Revision seems like light relief in comparison. :biggrin:

Haha this sounds like me when I finished mine a few months ago :L are you on the advancing Physics spec?

I still didn't score 20/20 though :mad:
Reply 990
Original post by Kalliope
Not quite sure, a while ago. Wanted it to be a bit less obvious who I actually am :smile: Hello though, how are you?

Fair enough, I haven't been on as regularly lately, been busy with school stuff :redface:
Original post by cz100
Fair enough, I haven't been on as regularly lately, been busy with school stuff :redface:

Ditto completely! Silly revision.
Reply 992

whaaa? what board are you with? do I have todo that next year as well :eek:
Original post by Alex Bampton
Haha this sounds like me when I finished mine a few months ago :L are you on the advancing Physics spec?

I still didn't score 20/20 though :mad:

Yeah, I'm on Advancing Physics. This was my A2 experiment report, and my research briefing. It was quite fun actually :biggrin: Hoping to score 30/30, but my I'm not sure. Fingers crossed!
Original post by h2shin
whaaa? what board are you with? do I have todo that next year as well :eek:

I'm on OCR B - Advancing Physics, and (if you are on this board) yes you will have to do an experiment + report and a research briefing + presentation. However, no one else in my class appears to have done as much, and it's not really necessary, I just really liked doing it, and went a bit overboard.. :biggrin:
Yeah, I'm on Advancing Physics. This was my A2 experiment report, and my research briefing. It was quite fun actually :biggrin: Hoping to score 30/30, but my I'm not sure. Fingers crossed!

I know what youmean actually I enjoyed writing up the QOM report at AS. I've scored 27/28 out of 30, assuming an A is 24 again then that's at least 90% UMS. Good luck with it :-)
Reply 996
Original post by dinaka
Thanks, this really helped. Now we both want to apply for UCL.
Only problem is living in london.

What BMAT scores should he really be aiming for.... to get into oxbridge?
And for myself.... For UCL.... What BMAT scores should i get?

Hmm I'm not sure I can help you as I don't know what scores they're looking for. You could post on the medicine forums, they'd be able to help :smile:.

London is expensive but London is awesome.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kidioteque

If you wish to be added to the Cambridge Applicants for 2013 Stalking Page, just write your relevant information (course, AS Levels taken, academics, colleges being considered) in a post with me quoted in, and I'll add you to the list when I get the chance. If you feel comfortable with the wiki editing format, by all means add yourself to the table.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

I forgot to add my AS subjects :s-smilie:
Course: Linguistics
GCSEs: 8A*s 5As
AS levels: German, Latin, Classical Civilisation and English Language
Reply 998
Original post by Powerfrau
I forgot to add my AS subjects :s-smilie:
Course: Linguistics
GCSEs: 8A*s 5As
AS levels: German, Latin, Classical Civilisation and English Language

Done. Sorry I didn't do it earlier, been a bit snowed under. :smile:
Reply 999
Original post by Etoile
I've got a great book by Oliver Sacks called Musicophilia; it's about music and the brain - I really recommend it, it's excellent!

Sounds great; thanks for telling me! I'll keep an eye out for it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending