The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tooambitious
in Jan (for unit 1) 75/80 was 100ums 68 was 90, 61 was an A and 54 was a B

Oh right, pretty good indeed then. May I ask where you got that info from? Can't seem to find a proper UMS breakdown on the Edexcel website.
Original post by Kidioteque
Oh right, pretty good indeed then. May I ask where you got that info from? Can't seem to find a proper UMS breakdown on the Edexcel website.

Worked it out: 100 ums is the grade boundary for A +2x(A-B) and so I assumed what 90 was
4 exams next week - the sky is going to turn red and fall.

(admittedly I knew someone who was suppose to have 6 hours of AS exams in a day - they had to have it over 2 days and their parents had sign a letter saying their son wouldn't cheat (as if...))
I doubt I'd even make an interview, I didn't get any A*s at GCSE. Still gonna stick it on my UCAS just in case :wink:
Good luck to you all though!
Reply 1384
Yeah, could really do with nailing 97+ UMS in this one, as my other subjects haven't really gone to plan thus far. Luckily, 91 for a below-par performance in Unit 1 back in January gives me a little bit of confidence. :smile: How have your exams been?

Original post by tooambitious
are you guys on edexcel too? :lol: at the grade boundaries, i dont know why, maybe some people in the country are really bad at it :/

I'm CCEA. An A's usually around 55/80 :tongue:
Original post by CD315
I'm CCEA. An A's usually around 55/80 :tongue:

:eek:
Reply 1386
Does anyone know what 74/75 would be in M1 - like 99UMS?

(this is edexcel?)
Original post by DylanBrain
I doubt I'd even make an interview, I didn't get any A*s at GCSE. Still gonna stick it on my UCAS just in case :wink:
Good luck to you all though!

GCSE A*s are close to, if not wholly, irrelevant, don't worry :smile:
Yeah, could really do with nailing 97+ UMS in this one, as my other subjects haven't really gone to plan thus far. Luckily, 91 for a below-par performance in Unit 1 back in January gives me a little bit of confidence. :smile: How have your exams been?

I feel the same for economics..I love learning the subject but doing the past papers is a bore since it's hard to really mark yourself! Pretty scared for Friday, but likewise, I got 99 in unit 1 in Jan in what I (Honestly) thought was a sub par performance. Unit 2 seems a lot harder to get marks though and the boundaries are quite a bit higher! Hopefully we do fine
Original post by oli_G

(this is edexcel?)

Did Edexcel M1 too. Looks like it'll be 98 judging by everyone's perception of the paper.
Original post by oli_G

(this is edexcel?)

Probably 98 (or 100) ums edexcel rarely give out 99 ums:tongue:

(your talking about M1 edexcel that's just past - it was annoyingly easy)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1391
Original post by silentlife
Probably 98 or 100 ums edexcel rarely give out 99 ums:tongue:

(your talking about M1 edexcel that's just past - it was annoyingly easy)

Hmm, basically I'm not sure whether I'd get full marks for the question where you had to find the values where the ball was 19m above A (or whatever). Put 3.00 (3sf) when it would be 2.99(3sf) - such a trivial thing.

Not that it really matters, just is slightly annoying as I had like half an hour left where I could have changed it :lol:
Oh yes, indeed. :colone: I really hate the S1 boundaries, think they should be a lot lower than they are, simply for the reason that often one little mistake early in a question can cost you 10 marks.

I worked out i got 70/72 and 94 UMS -_- damn you high grade boundaries! :lol:
Original post by oli_G
Hmm, basically I'm not sure whether I'd get full marks for the question where you had to find the values where the ball was 19m above A (or whatever). Put 3.00 (3sf) when it would be 2.99(3sf) - such a trivial thing.

Not that it really matters, just is slightly annoying as I had like half an hour left where I could have changed it :lol:

You might not lose the mark because the mark scheme may say 3.0 or 2.99 if did the calculation right (I remember that question)... Just hope and pray it does :tongue:
Original post by AspiringGenius
I worked out i got 70/72 and 94 UMS -_- damn you high grade boundaries! :lol:

wow 70/72 - what board do you take :wink:
Original post by silentlife
wow 70/72 - what board do you take :wink:

OCR MEI. It sucks.

(I know because my class failed epicly in general- only 2 As, most got Us- and so the etacher just ordered them all back in so we could see what we did wrong instead of picking out those who didn't need to) it's a bit frustrating because the two marks I lost were on binomial expansion, which was a topic I had got almost instantly and never had any issues with, and it was just an error when mutliplying a negative number which carried through.

i'm not as good in C1 and C2. in all fairness, I'm probably not going to be good enough for cambridge at the rate these exams are going.

EDIT this was in January :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by AspiringGenius
OCR MEI. It sucks.

(I know because my class failed epicly in general- only 2 As, most got Us- and so the etacher just ordered them all back in so we could see what we did wrong instead of picking out those who didn't need to) it's a bit frustrating because the two marks I lost were on binomial expansion, which was a topic I had got almost instantly and never had any issues with, and it was just an error when mutliplying a negative number which carried through.

i'm not as good in C1 and C2. in all fairness, I'm probably not going to be good enough for cambridge at the rate these exams are going.

EDIT this was in January :smile:

57/72 for an A.......
Reply 1397
Original post by Groat
You should be fine as it's correct to 2sf, unless you get a picky marker who sees that as incorrect working!

Hmm, guess I'll just to hope for the best :smile:
Reply 1398
Is anybody else going to the open days in July???
Original post by AiLiSi
Is anybody else going to the open days in July???

I should be, but merely just to chat with the admissions officers, I've seen all of the colleges before :P

Latest

Trending

Trending