The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

I applied to IR and Modern History, and have yet to receive word from them :frown: I sent them an e-mail a few weeks ago asking what the status of my app was, and he told me to sit tight; that I'd hear word eventually. So vague...
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Still no word for IR and History for me either...
Had the "next few weeks" email about five weeks ago...
Reply 3
Which college did you apply to at Oxford Rosie?
Don't worry guys, I heard about this time last year. It's horrible, I know, but it certainly doesn't mean you've been rejected.
Reply 5
Jesus college...what about you??
Reply 6
i have applied for IR - nada ! - nothing !
Reply 7
I applied to Keble. I didn't think I'd like it before I went but I ended up loving it. Oh well, before I went my first choice was St. Andrews and now I don't have to do as much work wherever I go.
Reply 8
Still no news anyone??
AHHHH!!!

I called St. Andrews 10 minutes ago to bother them some more about the status of my application, and the woman I spoke with told me a decision had been made :eek: but she wasn't legally allowed to inform me of the decision- UCAS has to! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sounds to me like bad news.... she wouldn't have minded telling me if it were an offer....

She said that she was going to inform UCAS now, but that it probably wouldn't be updated until 8 hours or so from now.

For the next eight hours, I am going to be a WRECK.

Let's just hope that this past 6 months of constant waiting ends well....
...so they didn't respond by the time they said they would, nor did they respond the next morning. I called again, exasperated, and the lady said- and I quote- "Yeah, sorry about that... you might find out over the weekend? That's all I can really say."

...and this is the university I want to spend the next 4 years at. :frown:
Reply 11
Oh dear. I keep checking track every two hours or so, it's driving me insane! I wanted to know either way before my birthday (Sunday) but I don't think that's going to happen. Don't mind about the phone call, York were worse. I got my offer on 3rd March, but according to their website the last visit day ws 1st March. I phoned the office and the woman there said I had to phone back on Tuesday when the Admissions secretary was in and that she didn't think there were any more open days. However, my friend has an open day for English next Wednesday so I'm going with her. At least I can have a tour around the campus and maybe I can arrange an informal talk when I phone on Tuesday bu regardless I have to book train tickets and a room today.
birkstopher40
...and this is the university I want to spend the next 4 years at. :frown:
It doesn't matter how brilliant the academics might be, everyone has to deal with the same level of pitiful bureaucracy. Edinburgh's worse.
Reply 13
See sig!!
Soo happy!!
Your sig's empty, mate.

But I'm guessing you got in- congrats!

So the receptionist who I spoke to this morning e-mailed me saying that, though she couldn't tell me St. Andrews' decision, I "Shouldn't be disappointed".

That might just mean that I'm into History and not IR, but it may mean the full deal.

I feel like I'm playing a game of clue haha, but at least I know I've got SOMETHING to be happy about...
Reply 15
Yeh thats coz I've got posts above it on this page lol...yeh i got an offer, AAA tho...scary!
Well that sounds like good news...and they've made a few offers for our course today, so should be any time now...
Good luck!!:smile:
:biggrin: Looks like I'm studying IR and History at St. Andrews next year!!!

An offhand refreshing of UCAS, and there it was.

Conditions: 36 in the IB, with a 6 in History (I have a 40 with a 7 in History)

I am SO glad that's over. Time to go get trashed and celebrate!
Reply 17
Fantastic, feels great doesn't it?!
Looks like I'll see you there!! :smile:
(as long as i make my offer!)
Reply 18
I got all hopeful, thinking I'd know either way if I went on Track, but no, mine still says sent.
*pats back*

Your time will come, just keep on waiting. :toilet: It can't be more than 2 weeks before you hear, anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending