The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Jaydiee
I can't rep you for this.
I tried :dontknow: I'm sorry!

The thought counts :h:

Original post by SciFiBoy
no but is often enough to trip you if at speed so would have likely gone down anyway, but I agree his belly flop was OTT, though somewhat irrelevant as it was a definite penalty

If Suarez did that...The abuse he'd get off other fans would be incredible.
Original post by Deyesy

Yeah, but he's also foreign.

:tongue:
Original post by Spontogical
There was contact, but there is always contact in the box. It is football afterall.

He's cheated two times in succession. Wouldn't like to have such a player tbh.

you bore me. contact was enough to bring him down, yeah he went OTT doing so, but it's a penalty, you would scream bloody murder if that were your team and it wasn't given and don't pretend you wouldn't. same goes for Deyesy.
Original post by Deyesy
The thought counts :h:

Suarez is a racist though, so everyone hates him anyway. :tongue:

you would scream for a penalty if he did im sure though as well.
Reply 1984
Original post by Drewski
Yeah, but he's also foreign.

Aye. Very true. Probably why Bale gets away with it aswell.

you bore me. contact was enough to bring him down, yeah he went OTT doing so, but it's a penalty, you would scream bloody murder if that were your team and it wasn't given and don't pretend you wouldn't. same goes for Deyesy.

Well considering Tevez didn't get a penalty yesterday for the EXACT same thing. We need consistency. I'd expect the penalty but I'd also admit we had a diver in my team.

Suarez is a racist though, so everyone hates him anyway. :tongue:

you would scream for a penalty if he did im sure though as well.

Don't get me started with the racism thing... :rolleyes:

I would but he'd also get abused for being overdramatic.

I accept it was a pen fair enough, but I would still slate one of my players if he did that. :tongue:
Original post by Deyesy

Well... Welsh is half foreign.
Original post by Deyesy

Well considering Tevez didn't get a penalty yesterday for the EXACT same thing. We need consistency. I'd expect the penalty but I'd also admit we had a diver in my team.

Don't get me started with the racism thing... :rolleyes:

I would but he'd also get abused for being overdramatic.

I admitted several times that he dived last week...never claimed otherwise in fact.

yeah, well with Tevez who cares the man is dirt.

I won't, far as im concerned nout more need be said, so we would likely only get in a big row.

again, always said here that it was OTT.

your'e having a go over nothing now you realise this? :tongue:
My post count looks pretty cool at the moment. It also shows that I probably post on here a bit too much. I try to resist, but it's just too addictive :getmecoat:
Original post by Spontogical
I accept it was a pen fair enough, but I would still slate one of my players if he did that. :tongue:

like I said I agree it was OTT and that he dived last week, but other than that there is no doubt he is a quality player.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
My post count looks pretty cool at the moment. It also shows that I probably post on here a bit too much. I try to resist, but it's just too addictive :getmecoat:

whats your PPD? mines 8.27 :ahee:

Yay for breaking up football talk :biggrin: :tongue:

177... :angry: *mumble grumble*

[Though, actually 9,222 posts more than you :wink: ]
(edited 12 years ago)

11.26 :ahee:

Think it's worse that mine's lower, tbh...
Original post by Stray_talk
Yay for breaking up football talk :biggrin: :tongue:

Well, football doesn't interest me so :p:

Original post by Drewski
177... :angry: *mumble grumble*

[Though, actually 9,222 posts more than you :wink: ]

Oh, I never realised my postcount was higher than yours! :eek: Although, I already noticed that your chat post numbers are very high, and they don't count that for some reason :p:
Oh, I never realised my postcount was higher than yours! :eek: Although, I already noticed that your chat post numbers are very high, and they don't count that for some reason :p:

Only a few, but yeah. I don't really post 'properly' :tongue:

But you've some way to go to better my 21,000+....

Not that I'm proud of that :emo:
no but is often enough to trip you if at speed so would have likely gone down anyway, but I agree his belly flop was OTT, though somewhat irrelevant as it was a definite penalty

It wasn't a definite penalty. He wasn't travelling that quickly and he went looking for the contact. He'd knocked the ball past the defender with more than enough room to go round the defender but he chose to run into the defender.

The rules state that contact doesn't have to be made. It's a foul if you cause the player to have to take evasive action. If Young couldn't evade that with the pace he was going at and the room he gave himself then he really isn't the player he's made out to be.

4.10 :cool:

Original post by Drewski
Think it's worse that mine's lower, tbh...

im only half where you guys are on post count! :tongue: not been here as long though! if posts in here counted I would have more of late as well!

Latest