The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G550NDH
I just got done reading the reports, and I'm stunned. He doesn't want to stay at Arsenal. They are all over the internet and twitter. I can't believe he just came out and said he wants to leave. I don't know if there's anything we can do at this point. It seems that he's made up his mind. I don't know who is to blame for this, the board, Wenger...

Best of luck to you, Fabianski.

If Fabianski is leaving then we will definitely need to buy a keeper. Almunia is leaving and this would leave us only with only Szczesny and Manone as first team keepers. Manone will probably want to go out on loan again and Damian Martinez is not quite good enough to step up to the first team just now. I don't know which keeper would want to join us just to sit on the bench though.
Original post by chrissy_h
If Fabianski is leaving then we will definitely need to buy a keeper. Almunia is leaving and this would leave us only with only Szczesny and Manone as first team keepers. Manone will probably want to go out on loan again and Damian Martinez is not quite good enough to step up to the first team just now. I don't know which keeper would want to join us just to sit on the bench though.

I think we need a keeper that is loved by our fans & can produce game changing moments, which would mean more confident performances, we've seen fabianski's & almunia's performances drop due to this. Someone like Martin Fulop fits this criteria, who is also a free agent at the moment & would happily sit on our bench.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Lyrically
I think we need a keeper that is loved by our fans & can produce game changing moments, which would mean more confident performances, we've seen fabianski's & almunia's performances drop due to this. Someone like Martin Fulop fits this criteria, who is also a free agent at the moment & would happily sit on our bench.

Please tell me you're joking
Reply 2944
Demba ba anyone? 7 million release clause I've heard. Great scoring record when cisse wasn't up top, which he would be at Arsenal.

Only 26 as well, I'd take him given his proven in the premiere league
Original post by Zyyz
Demba ba anyone? 7 million release clause I've heard. Great scoring record when cisse wasn't up top, which he would be at Arsenal.

Only 26 as well, I'd take him given his proven in the premiere league

No. Ba is not good enough. We need to get one of Europe's best strikers. Ba isn't one of them.
Reply 2946
Quite sad to see Fabianski leaving. He's the number 2 goalkeeper for god sake, and that means that he doesn't need to be world class contrary to what seems to be popular belief on this thread. :facepalm2:

Fabianski was a solid backup keeper, but now that he seems to be going, we should look for a veteran keeper that is willing to play number 2. Does anyone know the situation on Jaaskelainen?
Reply 2947
Original post by Xotol
Quite sad to see Fabianski leaving. He's the number 2 goalkeeper for god sake, and that means that he doesn't need to be world class contrary to what seems to be popular belief on this thread. :facepalm2:

Fabianski was a solid backup keeper, but now that he seems to be going, we should look for a veteran keeper that is willing to play number 2. Does anyone know the situation on Jaaskelainen?

This, tbh. I'd rather have Fabianski on the bench than either Almunia or Mannone.

A veteran No. 2 would be good to bring in at this point. :yep:
Reply 2948
Original post by Kevmeister
Juve need at least two strikers - del Piero is going, and Borriello will most likely go back to Roma. They seem intent on building on what they have.

They don't really 'need' two strikers though, do they? Even with those two departing, they have Vucinic and Matri (both excellent) and Quags (sporadic but capable of brilliance, worthy back-up). An all-conquering force like RVP or Cavani would certainly represent an improvement, but they don't need any investment in depth.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bakefrancis
Bit more than just nasri altogether I thought. Its just watching a number of our first team players leave for city over the last few years just for cash.

Who are the former arsenal players who have left and flourished?

But we don't really talk about them because they didn't run their mouth like Nasri and were quite civil about this.

I don't know....Fabregas?
Original post by Beneb
They don't really 'need' two strikers though, do they? Even with those two departing, they have Vucinic and Matri (both excellent) and Quags (sporadic but capable of brilliance, worthy back-up). An all-conquering force like RVP or Cavani would certainly represent an improvement, but they don't need any investment in depth.

Those three scored 23 goals between them. If Juve had a prolific striker they'd have run away with Serie A. They need two strikers, especially given they'll have European football to contend with this season.
Reply 2951
Original post by Darth Vader 7
No. Ba is not good enough. We need to get one of Europe's best strikers. Ba isn't one of them.

But for 7 million you're getting a proven goal scorer in this league.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2952
Original post by The Cornerstone

Wouldn't call 1 goal in his last 31 games flourishing myself, he's really tailed off after seeming to slot straight in.
(edited 11 years ago)
[video="youtube;QMv8g8CO4cQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QMv8g8CO4cQ#![/video]

M'Villa in the Nike advert, think we need him now.
Reply 2954
I do love those epic football ads...
Too much CGI in today's football ads.

I miss ones like the Ole advert, and the cage match.
Original post by The Cornerstone
But we don't really talk about them because they didn't run their mouth like Nasri and were quite civil about this.

Adebayor wasn't as graceful as he could have been. The rest have been pretty professional about it.

Fabregas hasn't really upped his game much since arsenal though. He was insane for arsenal.
Any football fans here on twitter? Would love to follow more football fans
Original post by alittlehelp
[video="youtube;QMv8g8CO4cQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QMv8g8CO4cQ#![/video]

M'Villa in the Nike advert, think we need him now.

Nike make some quality ads! This is just amazing the ads only been out for 24 hours and it already has 2 millions views:eek:
(edited 11 years ago)
Craig Gordon released by Sunderland, quite suprised, although they do have mignolet who is quality. I'm pretty sure we were linked with him at one point, would make a decent number 2, but I'd doubt he'd be happy to sit on our bench so he's probably bound for a promoted team/mid-lower table team.

Latest