The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If I see Ramsey starting ahead of The Ox against West Brom, I'll be fuming. Euros or not, we NEED to finish top four. If he wants to stick to his underperforming, woefully average players then Europa League here we come.
Reply 1162
Original post by jilebinator
umm, have you seen the table.

I was generally talking about your comments before and during the game rather than that specific comment but in any case, it is just me being a dick after such a rollercoaster of a game. I'm pissed off as much as anyone and tbh I need to go away and forget about this..

I have exams I need to worry about...

Original post by City_Gooner
Totally justififed pessimism tbh, we're in a bloody precarious situation at the moment. As you said In2Deep, before it was in our hands. Now it isn't!!!!

I'll reserve judgement for after tomorrow's game, i'm sure ManCity will do us a favour and Sp*rs have been **** under pressure and could just as easily drop points against relegation battlers.

I really don't know what I'll do if we finish below Sp*rs, maybe quit football because of the impact it has on my health :rofl:
Reply 1163
Tbh, if we can't beat Norwich at home, let 47 goals in one season, we don't deserve 3rd. However, we are by no means finished - I'm sure Man City will get a result against Newcastle and Bayern will beat Chelsea.
Our defence is so ****. Shows you how much we miss Mertesacker.
Reply 1165
Loosing 40 million for no champions league football?

The board will get what they deserve for being too stingy and not getting the quality we need in through transfers.
Original post by Peggles_*
And everyone was going on about how Arsenal changed their yearly end of season capitulation to that run we went on, but no, we had to go back to our old ways and rely on others!

If I was RVP, I would be booking my ticket to Spain to play for the 'Special One'

Arsenal'll never be able to stop crashing into a wall when the end of the season looms. They're just missing something.

Our season was finished before it even started. Cesc and Nasri were gonna go and we never really had any plans on not just rebuilding but having a stronger team for the start of the season.
Hopefully spurs cock up, N'castle I wouldn't really worry, cannot see them beating City, if failing the Spurs cock up we also need to pray that Bayern turn up for the final.
For the optimistic fans, our Champions League fate lies in Heskey.
Original post by vn2009
so much negativity in here, we will still get 3rd, keep tha faith :smile:

We have no right to 3rd. If we don't perform, we won't get it.
If there is any consolation, maybe we can win the Europa League?
Reply 1171
Original post by Abbadon27

:ditto:
The optimism in here shows me how deluded some fans are.

Spurs will win their last games. third is not ours.

Same here. I said it here on wednsday when spurs won their game to get within a point of us. I had a hunch we would not win both our games with how we were playing recently, and TBH I thought it was going to be the game against WBA which we would not win (you know with it being Roy's last game) rather today.
Original post by Ultimate1
Hopefully spurs cock up, N'castle I wouldn't really worry, cannot see them beating City, if failing the Spurs cock up we also need to pray that Bayern turn up for the final.

You're only two points clear of Newcastle, even if they lose to City, and I wouldn't bet on you getting anything aganist West Brom
Reply 1174
This team is not good for my heart. Seriously.
Reply 1175
Our champions league fate in the hands of Emile Heskey. I just don't see it.
Reply 1176
Calm down, everyone. If we win at West Brom next week, we only need one of either Newcastle or Tottenham to drop 2 points to secure fourth. (There's no way in hell that Bayern are losing to Chelsea at the Allianz). Given Newcastle's schedule and Tottenham's erractic form, this is entirely likely. The fatalism displayed on this board after every draw or loss is ridiculous.
The optimism in here shows me how deluded some fans are.

Spurs will win their last games. third is not ours.

They still have Fulham!
The problem is that without CL football, RvP will go and with the money that we get for him we won't attract the top class player because of no champions league so we'll be dealt with a double blow.

So damn angry though, how did we concede 3 goals at home?!
Reply 1179
What's with the assumption that Spurs will win their last two games? They are notorious choke artists (okay not as big as us, but still). Not all hope is lost.

Latest