The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i just got that butterfly feeling after reading the 2011 thread on results day :rolleyes:

the getting up early, eagerly refreshing track, refreshing emails, pulling an all nighter from anticipation, the unconditional firm offers, the unconditional insurance offers, the ones who have to go through clearing because they were unfortunately unsuccessful, the celebration, the condolences....

that's gonna be us this year guys, are we ready? :woo:
Original post by knight9434
Can you send me the link for last year I searched it but found ones up to the results but not the day of them!!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT18i

This is the thread from the day of results last year

That takes you to the page from about 5:50am before track went live at 6am. :smile:
Reply 582
Beginning to wonder if taking a gap year is a good idea. :s-smilie: Panicking hard.
Original post by musicmedic
This is the thread from the day of results last year

That takes you to the page from about 5:50am before track went live at 6am. :smile:

Reading this just made me feel sick with nerves. I'll be up all night like this :afraid:
:sexface:

Oh god, its this thread again!

Just a jokes times last year. Hope you enjoy trying to beat our record amount of threads :p:

Expect random talk, innuendos, mental breakdowns and :sexface:

GOOD LUCK 11/12ers !
Original post by gozatron

Oh god, its this thread again!

Just a jokes times last year. Hope you enjoy trying to beat our record amount of threads :p:

Expect random talk, innuendos, mental breakdowns and :sexface:

GOOD LUCK 11/12ers !

Don't think i will ever tire of looking at that signature.

Reply 586
Reading the results day thread from last year (thanks, whoever posted the link, it's so cool to read!) and I'm alternating between feeling like "Oooh I hope that's me in August" and "AASASFHSDGSJBVS WHAT DO I DO IF THAT'S ME IN AUGUST?!?!?!?!?!?"

Oh, and guys....

60 DAYS.

:eek: :sexface:
I'm going out the night before, I shall promptly arrive home at around 3 am and sit until track goes live or my results are available.

What is everybody elses plans?
i'm a tiny bit confused, i thought track opened at 8am but these students were able to access track at 6am, waaaat!
Original post by madders94
Reading the results day thread from last year (thanks, whoever posted the link, it's so cool to read!) and I'm alternating between feeling like "Oooh I hope that's me in August" and "AASASFHSDGSJBVS WHAT DO I DO IF THAT'S ME IN AUGUST?!?!?!?!?!?"

Oh, and guys....

60 DAYS.

:eek: :sexface:

SAME!! but when you say 60 days, that just makes me want to chunder! :eek:
Reply 590
Original post by Agenda Suicide
I'm going out the night before, I shall promptly arrive home at around 3 am and sit until track goes live or my results are available.

What is everybody elses plans?

I am going to drink rather a lot of vodka and vimto, eat lots of sweets and junk food, watch Disney films to make myself feel better, maybe see if my boyfriend wants to watch them with me if he's not fast asleep/playing on the PS2. No chance of sleep to be honest, I think by 3am I'll be downstairs alternating between finding inventive ways to kill Sims/people on GTA: Vice City, and refreshing this thread whilst trying to keep up with the inevitable flood of posts :tongue:

Original post by student1234567891
i'm a tiny bit confused, i thought track opened at 8am but these students were able to access track at 6am, waaaat!

I'm convinced that's a ploy to try and keep as many people from clogging up their servers at 6am as possible, but they know there'll be a few (read: millions) smartie pants (*cough* us lovely peeps at TSR :wink: ) who'll get in early.

I think I'll cry if my Track takes until 9am to load :cry: 9am (or possibly half 8 if I want to be an eager beaver) is when I'll have to leave to get to college for when results are available at about half 9.
I'm alternating between feeling like "Oooh I hope that's me in August" and "AASASFHSDGSJBVS WHAT DO I DO IF THAT'S ME IN AUGUST?!?!?!?!?!?"

I feel exactly the same looking at that thread. The wait to 6am (I've got no intention of sleeping) will be the most nerve racking of my life. :s-smilie:

Oh and in keeping with tradition...

:cool:
Reply 592
If they do it the same as before, they will lock track until 8am, but if you have the link to the log in screen beforehand, you can get in, so I think the best bet is to save the link to the log-in screen on your computer so that on results day, you'll have it there :smile: Hopefully they won't change it :eek:
I am going to drink rather a lot of vodka and vimto, eat lots of sweets and junk food, watch Disney films to make myself feel better, maybe see if my boyfriend wants to watch them with me if he's not fast asleep/playing on the PS2. No chance of sleep to be honest, I think by 3am I'll be downstairs alternating between finding inventive ways to kill Sims/people on GTA: Vice City, and refreshing this thread whilst trying to keep up with the inevitable flood of posts :tongue:

I'm convinced that's a ploy to try and keep as many people from clogging up their servers at 6am as possible, but they know there'll be a few (read: millions) smartie pants (*cough* us lovely peeps at TSR :wink: ) who'll get in early.

I think I'll cry if my Track takes until 9am to load :cry: 9am (or possibly half 8 if I want to be an eager beaver) is when I'll have to leave to get to college for when results are available at about half 9.

haha so true :wink: i was going to be up at 6am to check Edexcel results (eww) anyway so it wont make a difference to me!

god if the results take that long i will cry my eyes out! apparently the UCAS phone app is efficient and there's a certain link that will apparently get you there quick!

do you know what this email business is about? does track email?! :eek:
Reply 594
Original post by student1234567891
haha so true :wink: i was going to be up at 6am to check Edexcel results (eww) anyway so it wont make a difference to me!

god if the results take that long i will cry my eyes out! apparently the UCAS phone app is efficient and there's a certain link that will apparently get you there quick!

do you know what this email business is about? does track email?! :eek:

Not sure about the e-mail, they emailed me when I got offers (before I dropped them all and went through Extra), and they emailed me when my offer came through for Extra too, but I'd imagine that on results day, there would be soooo many emails to send that they couldn't possibly manage it.

I want the UCAS phone app but they don't have it for Blackberry (damn my need of a business phone :mad: ) so I'll steal my brother's Android tablet and sign up for it on there :colone:
Reply 595
Random video of the day!

(edited 11 years ago)
Not sure about the e-mail, they emailed me when I got offers (before I dropped them all and went through Extra), and they emailed me when my offer came through for Extra too, but I'd imagine that on results day, there would be soooo many emails to send that they couldn't possibly manage it.

I want the UCAS phone app but they don't have it for Blackberry (damn my need of a business phone :mad: ) so I'll steal my brother's Android tablet and sign up for it on there :colone:

yeah it's weird though, because all of these 2011 peoples are talking about emails and i'm thinking from the uni or track?! haha good plan batman!
Reply 597
Original post by sr90
Don't think i will ever tire of looking at that signature.

How did things work out for you in the end? I remember my heart just sinking last year when I saw you didn't get your firm, but the thread moved too quick and I went out before I could find out what happened. Hope it worked out for you!
Reply 598
Original post by Catherine.
Random video of the day!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: that's brilliant.

I shotgun random video of the day tomorrow, I have an excellent one but it'll have to wait until after my Psychology exam.

OH JEEZ.

My psychology exam :eek::eek::eek:

Fairly certain that whether I get into uni or not depends on this one :frown:
Just sat here for two hours and read last years posts, I was soo nervous reading them, hate to think what im going to be like this year!!! Whos up for an all nighter on here and isketch like they did last year???

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT18i

Latest