The Student Room Group

2012: The year the SQA went nice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I actually had really good questions in the English paper today, I think the questions were written with all of my texts in mind :P but alot of people found the paper weird :/

Knowing my luck, my remaining 4 exams will all be terrible, starting with Higher Drama tomorrow :')
Reply 61
Original post by mintaddiction
Yep, I really want to go and praise our english teacher for choosing 'A Streetcar Named Desire' to study with us this year seeing as it had THE MOST AWESOME QUESTIONS. Poetry was icky, but I ended up doing alright in the structure question.

However, our teacher had given us this whole reassuring speech about how seeing as this is the first year of the new 5 marker question in the close reading, it would most likely be straight forward but I still found it as hard as the ones we had sat in class. I think I got two and half points down before I ran out of time.

So yeah, SQA you've not been too nasty, but you've certainly given us some unwelcome surprises.

I did go up to my teacher after the exam with the paper and thanked him for doing Streetcar with us :P everyone from the two 6th year classes came out saying "there were no questions to fit our texts" cos their teachers don't like Streetcar D:
Reply 62
Praying they are nice with biology! Prelim went horrific.
Reply 63
Higher Music and Modern Studies were absolute gifts, couldn't have asked for better questions, easier than every past paper I've done in both those subjects. However I thought Higher English was horrible.
Reply 64
Thought Higher Accounting was okay, and same with Higher English. The question on "complex character" was perfection for my poem, the prose questions none of them were really amazing fits for my text but I was able to make it work, chose the one on a character experiencing failure. Think i've done okay in that too.

Two more exams, higher maths and business them i'm done. Hoping they are okay.
Reply 65
I don't think the SQA are particularly being nice, I think i'm just ridiculously lucky.

In English, I had perfect questions to fit 5 of my texts in total and today in drama, there was a 20 marker about the scene I acted for my acting exam meaning that I already knew exactly what to write :smile:

What's the chances my luck will run out for maths on Monday?
Reply 66
English was a nightmare, It was far too obvious that the paper would be on the olympics. Everyone I spoke to said they lost interest half way through. The english department at my school is hopeless, our teacher barely went over stuff in class and the texts an poems she chose were very one dimensional so it was tricky finding questions to fit. Our class studied Inception as a Film (I don't even know if that is allowed) so I ended up doing the symbolisation one for film and tv. I've recieved no encouragement from my teachers so I'm pretty sure it's a fail from me.

As for Chemistry. I had a wonderful teacher that made things easy to understand and interesting. (Up until the end of unit 3). The paper wasn't too bad and I did little to no revision besides a few past papers, and i found them harder. I found timing a bit tricky there though.

Graphic Communication was weird, the two optional choices were different to normal wich threw me off guard. Luckily I hated auxiliary and knew interpenetration quite well.

All in all, I don't think they were 'easy' just different. It was like they had a new system when it came to writing the papers. I've still got art in just under 2 weeks. But that exam is only worth 20% so theres not much to bother with there.
Reply 67
Original post by Direct15
[INDENT]
[/INDENT]

by god be kind with maths

Original post by RyJ
I think they will be, some of higher was quite dodgy last year...

God, I was way off!
Reply 68
Original post by RyJ
God, I was way off!

I don't think anyone could have predicted the SQA getting their villian on for maths tbh :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending