The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by legacybomba
I swear the PTQ question was to find the perimeter of the triangle? I remember discussing it with literally 50 other people after the exam and we all got the answer as 18. I think it's very unlikely that all 50 of us read the question wrong and found the perimeter of the sector. Is there more than 1 version of this paper?

Nah it's a mistake...I unfortunately made the same mistake.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! The PAIN!
My only, only chance of getting 75 marks!
It physically hurts, it really does.
Reply 261
Original post by Putch1
One last question, Will I get full marks for working and solutions? =(

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sry can't comment on how many marks you'll get, but this really seems like an interesting method. My teacher taught us this using the graphs to visualise what's being actually calculated.
Reply 262
Original post by mzayn
I hear ya man...Such an easy three marks. I misread that too. Do you think we'll get any marks for working out the triangle?

At maximum, one mark for adding 5 + 5 + 'your value for PQ'..
It hurts...I gotta tell you, I feel sick just thinking about it...
Reply 263
Original post by The_Pen
I did the exact same thing. I got everything else in the paper correct except I missed out the 90 degrees. I even put down the 180. I thought that since 90 was on the border and that sin 90 is different to sin 180 and 0, 90 isn't an answer so I crossed it out. What a numpty!!!

That is EXACTLY what I did!!! So annoying, bye 100 UMS
Reply 264
Original post by aliveyuen
63/64 ain't high enough
Will it be 74 lol

I got the feeling people found it sooo easy, that many got complacent about rechecking their answers at the end and lost one or the other mark they did not know about. I hope 70marks is 90 UMS !
Reply 265
Original post by 0range
looooool OMG I DID THAT @ THE START!!!!
somehow got 120 / 4(pi) = 30(pi)

I didn't really see how that would effect my answer. But oh well :frown:
Reply 266
Original post by MrPlatinum
It's an attachment on the opening post

I did both methods for the integration one 'cause I got bored :smile:
I did line-curve method and -trapezium

That's pretty confident. Did you first recheck you whole paper for silly typo mistakes etc.. ?
Reply 267
To be frank, how many marks will i get deducted if i missed the x=180 in that trigo question? :wondering:
Reply 268
got 100 percent in m1, 90 percent in c1 and around 60 percent at c2. i suck
Original post by lou_100
so frustrated that I'm going to post this again and again until someone answers :frown: PLEASE, don't make me beg.

SO annoyed. I made one teeny tiny error on 8c and got the wrong x.

seeing as 8d and e follow on from c's answer...how many marks would I lose for doing the correct method and everything just wrong values? Would it be :

1) all the marks for just getting it wrong
2) I'd get one out of two for each d and e for method marks
or 3) error carried forward so wouldn't lose marks on d and e, just c?

:smile:

Error carried forward.
Original post by exclusive110
Do you think I'll get penalised for finding the first 4 terms of the binomial expansion instead of only 3?

No, I highly doubt it. In previous mark schemes it has said to ignore any extra terms given.

If you had left one out, then you'd be in trouble! :smile:
Reply 271
Original post by Arsey
C2 May 2012

Overall I think this was a very easy paper.

Q1 Binomial Expansion

Standard and no tricky b)

Q2 Logs

Standard, very easy

Q3 Circles

I expected a rearranging into circle form, the rest of the question was very easy, part d) was a joke

Q4 Factor Theorem

Very easy

Q5 Area under a graph by integration

Slightly harder than normal as trapeZia often cause problems

Q6 Trig

I thought this was pretty easy but I understand it has caused quite a few problems

Q7 Trapezium rule

Joke

Q8 Trig

Pretty standard, lots of frameworking.

Q9 Geometric series

I hope you learnt the proof.... rest of the question was straight forward.

I think the boundaries will be really high

Last few June boundaries were 62, 62, 53, 63, 59, 67 for 80ums

I will guess at

100ums - 75
90ums - 70
80ums - 65
70ums - 57
60ums - 50
50ums - 43
40ums - 36

This thread will be locked at somepoint and then unlocked at midnight following the Core 2 examination. I will upload the paper and my solutions to this post.

I will do my best to answer questions about the paper but please try to read the thread first so that I am not answering the same questions lots of times.Here are some links to previous D1 threads, they are worth a read and you will see what the common errors were...

C2 Jan 2012 - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1892666

C2 June 2011 - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619114

The second link has loads of past papers, mark schemes, model solutions etc

Good luck.

Hello arsey, for the trapezium rule question, i did not round down to 2.s.f like you, the question did not specifiy and i left it was 1.4965, would i gain the full marks?
Reply 272
heyy guyss,
can sumone plz explain to me wht ths ums thng is nd why edexcel lowered all my results in jan??
i gt 87% fr FP1 (thts wht it says in the resultsplus) whch is an A....bt my reslt sheet says 74% nd a B...:frown: why???
Reply 273
Original post by 0range
looooool OMG I DID THAT @ THE START!!!!
somehow got 120 / 4(pi) = 30(pi)

Yeah me too.. I got 30(pi)... :s-smilie:
Reply 274
for question 7(b),I kept the answer as 1.4965.....will I get full marks for that?
Reply 275
Can someone please explain to me when X^3=120/4(pi), How X= 2.122 :s-smilie: ?
Reply 276
Guys I think I missed out an easy mark in the trigonometry question.
I forgot to give 90 as an answer but that's the only mistake I think I made.
Provided that's the case, how many marks do you think I might lose and even if I get 74/75, would 100 UMS be possible?
I don't need consolation, I need honest opinion.
How many marks do you think I'd get from the area of R question if I stupidly integrated between 9 and 1? Really kicking myself for that :B
Reply 278
Original post by Dxtremo
for question 7(b),I kept the answer as 1.4965.....will I get full marks for that?

I think we will, the question does not specify how many DP we need to leave it in.
Original post by Aaron5823
heyy guyss,
can sumone plz explain to me wht ths ums thng is nd why edexcel lowered all my results in jan??
i gt 87% fr FP1 (thts wht it says in the resultsplus) whch is an A....bt my reslt sheet says 74% nd a B...:frown: why???

I assume you mean that you scored 65/75 on the actual exam.

UMS
The mark is scaled to a mark out of 100, but this does not mean that you simply get 65/75 * 100.

Depending on how hard or how easy the papers are deemed to be, a formula is created that normalises the scores.

So for example it maybe be the case that a score of 67/75 is required to earn 80UMS marks one year, even though this is 89% on the actual paper.
Whereas on a more challenging paper perhaps 62/75 will give 80 UMS.

Latest

Trending

Trending