The Student Room Group

A-Level Irish???? HELP!!!!!!

Is anybody else doing the poetry section for the literature element of CCEA a-level irish exam on may 17th? I'm completely lost in what to learn for this! I have essays on the main themes and emotions for each poem but you can't be expected to memorise ALL of these?? any advice?
Reply 1
Hey Panic,

Yeah, Irish lit was always a ****. Dragged my mark down a lot. Um, last year was "Cuimhne and Domhnaigh", ive read that 2010 had "An peaca" or Suile Shuibhne" and 2009 had one of the above. So thats ones you should most likely avoid.

Me, I advise you look at the smallest of poems because, unlike what I thought (I ignored Cuimhne an Domhnaigh" last year thinking it was 'too small' to be a possibility and that screwed me over) they seem to not give you any big ones. At least yet, so avoid an "oilean agus oileain eile" tseanbhean bocht etc. I personally think its going to "i gcuimhne 75,000 eireannach" or "an tearrach thiar" but maybe because they did An direanach last year they may avoid another one of his poems in a consecutive test.

Hope you read this in time haha since I know its late.

Adh mor ort.
Aaron
Reply 2
P.S I'll be doing an all-nighter for my exams, so if your doing one too and need any more help, just ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending