The Student Room Group

2012 higher computing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by IAmCookie
We're doing Artificial Intelligence :smile: I love it! What about yourself? :smile:

My teacher has a feeling that it'll be count occurences, but I'm memorising all 4 incase!

It was count occurrences in my exam last year. Wouldn't surprise me if it was find maximum/minimum....
I love traces! I really hope we get a 9 marker in the final :biggrin:

I got 58/60 for my coursework, including full marks for programming :smile:

Anyone crazy enough to do Advanced Higher like me? :biggrin:

Me hopefully xD
Original post by MattZING
We done multimedia, it was pretty good. Only lasted two weeks though. Can anyone help me with the calculations in the two standard topics as that is my weak point :smile:.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Let's hope so!
Reply 23
Original post by Direct15
I'm a WOman but thanks for the compliment:tongue:

NP. Help me with calculations please . <3

I love traces! I really hope we get a 9 marker in the final :biggrin:

I got 58/60 for my coursework, including full marks for programming :smile:

Anyone crazy enough to do Advanced Higher like me? :biggrin:

In an ideal world I would like to, however my school doesn't offer this, so instead I'm crashing Higher Physics(good luck to me on that one!)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my R800i
Reply 25
Original post by JonathanHan01
In an ideal world I would like to, however my school doesn't offer this, so instead I'm crashing Higher Physics(good luck to me on that one!)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my R800i

Won't they send you to another school for it? :') I'm going to a different school for Advanced Higher French lessons :smile:

Oh lord, good luck with that! I'm not a sciencey person at all (apart from computing if that counts :tongue:)
Won't they send you to another school for it? :') I'm going to a different school for Advanced Higher French lessons :smile:

Oh lord, good luck with that! I'm not a sciencey person at all (apart from computing if that counts :tongue:)

I suppose they could, it would be interesting to study I suppose, I like science's they are interesting, but I've been told that Physics is hell to crash, especially as I've only ever done Biology, so the jump from bio to physics would be massive, as it's almost like learning all the equations and what they mean, the symbols. I've also been notified of graphs :frown:.
Reply 27
I suppose they could, it would be interesting to study I suppose, I like science's they are interesting, but I've been told that Physics is hell to crash, especially as I've only ever done Biology, so the jump from bio to physics would be massive, as it's almost like learning all the equations and what they mean, the symbols. I've also been notified of graphs :frown:.

Ah good luck with it! I wish I were a science person but I'm more of an English/languages person, I actually don't understand why I enjoy a technical subject like computing :P

What's your predicted grade for computing? :smile:
Ah good luck with it! I wish I were a science person but I'm more of an English/languages person, I actually don't understand why I enjoy a technical subject like computing :P

What's your predicted grade for computing? :smile:

So far my teacher has predicated me for a B from our prelim and my coursework, which if all go's well I could pull it off in the exam, or even better achieve an A, would really like to achieve an A, but believe my ability may just cut below that.

How about you're self?
Reply 29
So far my teacher has predicated me for a B from our prelim and my coursework, which if all go's well I could pull it off in the exam, or even better achieve an A, would really like to achieve an A, but believe my ability may just cut below that.

How about you're self?

If it's a good paper I think you could achieve an A :smile: if it's a bad paper I'll actually cry :L

Well, my teacher told my Mum that I'm his best hope in the class for an A band 1.. Feeling the pressure :P

I was planning to crash physics this year but backed out after also being told how it's hell...:frown:
Reply 31
Original post by Imfeelingthis
I was planning to crash physics this year but backed out after also being told how it's hell...:frown:

Physics isn't that bad! Its mostly calculations and if you know how to do them, its quite easy. Other than that, its just facts. I was thinking about doing it at advanced higher, but I'm thinking about AH French instead... I know. I'm crazy!

I got a decent grade in the coursework so I only need about 65% in the paper to achieve an A I think... I hope to get an A because I'm also doing AH next year! I'm also doing AI, but I'm fairly rubbish at it just now. I really struggle with trace questions :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by Liammm
Physics isn't that bad! Its mostly calculations and if you know how to do them, its quite easy. Other than that, its just facts. I was thinking about doing it at advanced higher, but I'm thinking about AH French instead... I know. I'm crazy!

I got a decent grade in the coursework so I only need about 65% in the paper to achieve an A I think... I hope to get an A because I'm also doing AH next year! I'm also doing AI, but I'm fairly rubbish at it just now. I really struggle with trace questions :frown:

Yay, AH French and AH Computing! :'D

I don't find traces that bad but alot of people in my class do! I know that my friend is trying past papers then getting the teacher to write out the correct answer then she's working out where she went wrong if that's any help to you :smile:

I'm one of only 2 girls who've signed up for AH Computing and she's considering dropping it D:
Original post by Imfeelingthis
what optional unit did everyone do?!
and anyone know what type of standard algorithm may come up this year!? :smile:

We did the AI unit, which is actually quite a decent unit - it's mostly common sense. Quite enjoyed it, anyway.

As for the standard algorithim, I imagine it would be any other than 'Count Occurences', based on the fact that was in last year's paper. However, that's not to stop the SQA from sneakily putting it in two years in a row.
Reply 34
Does anyone know what the A mark usually is for computing? Thanks :smile:
Original post by DM10
Does anyone know what the A mark usually is for computing? Thanks :smile:

132/200 was for A. 160 for band 1 A.

Source: http://www.docjax.com/document/view.shtml?id=298033&title=Grade%20Boundaries%202011%20-%20SQA

These were the 2011 boundaries.
More generally, grade boundaries and a great deal of other figures for the last few years are available from the SQA Statistics pages.
Reply 37
132? That's pretty good. I'm crashing computing this year and was chuffed I got 48 in the coursework :biggrin: I got 92 out of 140 in the prelim so here's hoping I can get an A in this! :biggrin:
Reply 38
I'm going to answer all the three optional units. Got a 100% in the prelim. :awesome:

lolnowaykbye:P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
BITCH PLEASE, I NEED SOME MOEFFING HELP WITH THESE MOEFFING CALCULATIONS. CAPS LOCK FTW?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending