The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 3 - BLY3H - Monday 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

I thought B3 was easier than B2 too .... it seems most people think this, so i'm hoping the grade boundaries are lower in B2? hopefully :smile:
Reply 381
Original post by g.k.galloway
yep!

I got only 78 ums (high B) in unit 1, then 90 in unit 2 and 95 in my isa... so I need 97 ums for an A*...

Its much more complex than in chem where I got 100ums in unit 1, 2 and the ISA so only need 60 - less stressful!!

You're lucky I won't know until results day whether i'm actually close to an A* or get it because I did both B3 and B2 today. Got 76 in core(retaking both) and 97.5 in the ISA(somehow?! :s-smilie:) so I need 186.5 from b2,b3 and core retakes :\
Do you know what the Ums conversions are for the biology ISA?
Fingers crossed!

Had to really rush the cat question!
Reply 384
What you lot on about!!! It woz sooooo hard!!!
Reply 385
Original post by flyhigh99
Do you know what the Ums conversions are for the biology ISA?

38/40 = 100 UMS
37/40 = 95 UMS
I'm not sure how it goes after this though
Original post by James3110
38/40 = 100 UMS
37/40 = 95 UMS
I'm not sure how it goes after this though

goes down in 5's to start with.. .up until 30ish then i'm not sure
You're lucky I won't know until results day whether i'm actually close to an A* or get it because I did both B3 and B2 today. Got 76 in core(retaking both) and 97.5 in the ISA(somehow?! :s-smilie:) so I need 186.5 from b2,b3 and core retakes :\

hmmm odd how on earth do you get 0.5 ums... strrrranngeee
I thought B3 was easier than B2 too .... it seems most people think this, so i'm hoping the grade boundaries are lower in B2? hopefully :smile:
Original post by Scruff the cat
Thanks for the UMS explanation.

Will go see if there is a BLY2H thread!

No problem! I'm pretty sure there is - i've seen it on the main list on the homepage
Original post by LucyW456

the jan b2 I took was evilllll - the grade boundaries were so low, I got an A* - you only need 25 or something it was insane!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 391
hmmm odd how on earth do you get 0.5 ums... strrrranngeee

Ermm i think my school averaged all 3 ISAs out (which i think isn't allowed really is it ?:s-smilie:) I got 39 in both the chemistry and biology isa but only 37 in physics so they unofficially averaged them all out to 97.5 :s-smilie: so I think what they did was wrong therefore I must have 100ums right? I hope it is as 2.5 extra is quite a lot!!:biggrin:
Hmmm there does not seem to be a separate BLY2H thread for today's exam. Hope you all don't mind it being talked about here.

So Cats A and B, I said they were both (Hh), so Cat D would either be (HH) or (Hh) and that we wouldn't be able to tell which of these two because the phenotype would be the disabled leg. What did you guys put?
Ermm i think my school averaged all 3 ISAs out (which i think isn't allowed really is it ?:s-smilie:) I got 39 in both the chemistry and biology isa but only 37 in physics so they unofficially averaged them all out to 97.5 :s-smilie: so I think what they did was wrong therefore I must have 100ums right? I hope it is as 2.5 extra is quite a lot!!:biggrin:

hmmmm weird... I've always thought the ISA grades to be independent.. they are not averaged or anything...
Reply 394
hmmmm weird... I've always thought the ISA grades to be independent.. they are not averaged or anything...

This is what I'm thinking !! Oh damn English tomorrow.
This is what I'm thinking !! Oh damn English tomorrow.

don't remind me...erghhhhhhhhh!!!!

tomorrow and thursday!! *promptly faints*
the jan b2 I took was evilllll - the grade boundaries were so low, I got an A* - you only need 25 or something it was insane!!!!!!!!!!

ah right i took B2 and B3 today, one after the other -_- B2 today was reeeeally hard too, so im hoping the grade boundaries are low like that :biggrin: 25/45 is pretty crazy to get an A* though :O
Reply 397
don't remind me...erghhhhhhhhh!!!!

tomorrow and thursday!! *promptly faints*

Oh goodness :\ I've had enough of conflict poems !! Also language if you're doing it again next week hehe :colone:
Original post by Scruff the cat
Hmmm there does not seem to be a separate BLY2H thread for today's exam. Hope you all don't mind it being talked about here.

So Cats A and B, I said they were both (Hh), so Cat D would either be (HH) or (Hh) and that we wouldn't be able to tell which of these two because the phenotype would be the disabled leg. What did you guys put?

there is! its here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2007617&page=7&page=7 :smile:
Oh goodness :\ I've had enough of conflict poems !! Also language if you're doing it again next week hehe :colone:

erghhh no the language... not the language!!!

*promptly dies*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending