The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Welcome to the new London South bank University forum

Scroll to see replies

Hey :smile: im starting adult nursing in September if i get the grades :biggrin: anyone else doing adult nursing?
London
Reply 41
Original post by katiejanelawlor
Yea so was I:frown: I was quite dissapointed because I thought my interview went quite well. OH well!
Yea it is nice to meet people on here first. I feel really nervous about the first day and everything:eek:

I was so positive about my interview but they told me 300 people get interviewed for only 22 places! I think London will be such a good experience though with the hospitals and stuff :smile: aww don't worry, everyone else will be just as nervous and home sick, I still worry too though haha! I'm wondering what books to buy etc but I think I might wait till I am there.
Reply 42
Original post by Amb77
I am in the same position as I will be leaving my boyfriend behind :frown: but it's great we can all meet on here beforehand :smile:

HA! me too! I come from the Isle of Wight, but I'm hoping to see him on weekends :/ funny that we're all generally in the same situation
Loomes and Amb: I think they'll be quite a lot of us as many people go long distance for uni... I have been for 2 years with my boyfriend and it's pretty normal in his halls for girlfriends to visit/them to go home weekends so we should all be in it together kinda thing :smile:

There's quite a few LDR chat threads on here which are great for tips :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Loomes
HA! me too! I come from the Isle of Wight, but I'm hoping to see him on weekends :/ funny that we're all generally in the same situation

Yeah I'm sure it will be ok as we can visit home some weekends and our boyfriends can come and visit us other weekends :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Pipsqueak :)
Loomes and Amb: I think they'll be quite a lot of us as many people go long distance for uni... I have been for 2 years with my boyfriend and it's pretty normal in his halls for girlfriends to visit/them to go home weekends so we should all be in it together kinda thing :smile:

There's quite a few LDR chat threads on here which are great for tips :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok, I will take a look at those thanks :smile:
Original post by Amb77
I was so positive about my interview but they told me 300 people get interviewed for only 22 places! I think London will be such a good experience though with the hospitals and stuff :smile: aww don't worry, everyone else will be just as nervous and home sick, I still worry too though haha! I'm wondering what books to buy etc but I think I might wait till I am there.

Yea I guess they had to whittle down a lot of us. Still like you say I think london will be great- the hospitals are well renown and I think that can only be a good thing really. Im going to wait unless they email any more details I think. My boss got me a book called 'MRI in practice' which is interesting but I think more relevent to radiologists!
The only thing I was thinking of doing otherwise is trying to memorise as many bones as possible! Its going to be my summer project hehehe :smile: Its good to know I wont be the only nervous one aswell :smile:
Reply 47
Yea I guess they had to whittle down a lot of us. Still like you say I think london will be great- the hospitals are well renown and I think that can only be a good thing really. Im going to wait unless they email any more details I think. My boss got me a book called 'MRI in practice' which is interesting but I think more relevent to radiologists!
The only thing I was thinking of doing otherwise is trying to memorise as many bones as possible! Its going to be my summer project hehehe :smile: Its good to know I wont be the only nervous one aswell :smile:

Yes that's very true :smile: I am so excited to go, crossing my fingers I get the grades! I will try and learn the bones as that will help us when we first go. I can't wait to meet everyone :smile: do you study A levels?
Original post by Amb77
Yes that's very true :smile: I am so excited to go, crossing my fingers I get the grades! I will try and learn the bones as that will help us when we first go. I can't wait to meet everyone :smile: do you study A levels?

Im sure youll be ok! Im doing a biology A-level on fast track but I did other Alevels a few years ago so I had the points from them. Which ones are you dooing?
I cant wait either! :biggrin: Itl be really funny finding out whos who from this forum!
Reply 49
Im sure youll be ok! Im doing a biology A-level on fast track but I did other Alevels a few years ago so I had the points from them. Which ones are you dooing?
I cant wait either! :biggrin: Itl be really funny finding out whos who from this forum!

Sounds good :smile: I do psychology, health and social care and philosophy and ethics. Found it hard to get a place due to not having a science so I'm thankful to LSBU! It will be :smile:
Original post by Amb77
Sounds good :smile: I do psychology, health and social care and philosophy and ethics. Found it hard to get a place due to not having a science so I'm thankful to LSBU! It will be :smile:

Yea im thankful to them aswell! I would have thought having health and social care would be enough but I think the competition to do radiography is quite strong so they can be fussy-er! Ive been working as a carer for 2 years but I dont think id have got interviews if I hadnt done biology on fast track. Stilll we'v got places now so YAY!:biggrin:
Reply 51
Yea im thankful to them aswell! I would have thought having health and social care would be enough but I think the competition to do radiography is quite strong so they can be fussy-er! Ive been working as a carer for 2 years but I dont think id have got interviews if I hadnt done biology on fast track. Stilll we'v got places now so YAY!:biggrin:

We have..woo :biggrin: I was watching 24 hours of A&E last night and its exciting as we could be on placement at kings college hospital :smile:
Reply 52
Hi does anyone know when we will have an occupational health questionnaire? And when we have to have our vaccinations? Thank you :smile:
Original post by Amb77
We have..woo :biggrin: I was watching 24 hours of A&E last night and its exciting as we could be on placement at kings college hospital :smile:

I know itl be excellent! I have a friend whos studying medicine at kings and he says its great :biggrin:
Original post by Amb77
Hi does anyone know when we will have an occupational health questionnaire? And when we have to have our vaccinations? Thank you :smile:

I was wondering the same thing so I emailed them, and the details are in the UCAS place offer letter! This is the link that I found:
http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/hsc/courses/occupational-health.shtml
It has forms to download to take to the doctor and watnot! Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 55
I was wondering the same thing so I emailed them, and the details are in the UCAS place offer letter! This is the link that I found:
http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/hsc/courses/occupational-health.shtml
It has forms to download to take to the doctor and watnot! Hope this helps:smile:

Ah thank you :smile: so can we take them to the doctors now and start our vaccination course? I'm not sure when we fill out the proper questionnaire as either they email it to us or carry it out face to face :/
Original post by Amb77
Ah thank you :smile: so can we take them to the doctors now and start our vaccination course? I'm not sure when we fill out the proper questionnaire as either they email it to us or carry it out face to face :/

Im pretty sure we're meant to start the vaccinations asap because the hepititus ones are a series. I made an appointment this morning for later this week to take the stuff and ask the nurse. Im not sure about the questionnaire, I wonder if theyl email it to us in August with the rest of the information. Ill read through everything again later to see if it says anywhere!:confused: so many links of things to read!!
Reply 57
Im pretty sure we're meant to start the vaccinations asap because the hepititus ones are a series. I made an appointment this morning for later this week to take the stuff and ask the nurse. Im not sure about the questionnaire, I wonder if theyl email it to us in August with the rest of the information. Ill read through everything again later to see if it says anywhere!:confused: so many links of things to read!!

Ok then, thank you very much :smile:
I got told to wait to take vaccines as once you start the course they're and can get pretty pricey, although cant remember where that was from. Ill ask this evening though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Pipsqueak :)
I got told to wait to take vaccines as once you start the course they're and can get pretty pricey, although cant remember where that was from. Ill ask this evening though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really, that's so confusing! I don't know what to do now haha I wish they would email us to let us all know, I don't have a clue what ones I have had or not. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending