The Student Room Group

Conditional offers

Yesterday I got a conditional offer from a university.It is the first university that made a decision on my application. I wanted to ask if I complete the condition they offered me( which is an English pass test, even though I’ve send them my IELTS score of 6.5) will it mean that I’m accepting their offer as well? Is there a deadline to apply to them or I can wait until July for all my 5 choices answer?
Original post by shajereka
Yesterday I got a conditional offer from a university.It is the first university that made a decision on my application. I wanted to ask if I complete the condition they offered me( which is an English pass test, even though I’ve send them my IELTS score of 6.5) will it mean that I’m accepting their offer as well? Is there a deadline to apply to them or I can wait until July for all my 5 choices answer?

Hey @shajereka

Congrats on your conditional offer!
Not sure if you've applied through UCAS or a different way but UCAS advise to make your firm choice by the 8th June. https://www.ucas.com/events/2023-entry-if-you-receive-all-decisions-18-may-reply-8-june-413101

Basically you need to confirm your first (firm) choice and your insurance (back up choice) out of the 5 you've applied for.

You can receive a conditional offer and meet the conditions of all 5, but you would only be accepting the firm choice even if you change your mind. Hope that helps!

Hope you hear back from your other choices soon so can decide on your firm and insurance

Best of luck
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Reply 2
Thanks a lot! I’ve applied through UCAS and they told me I don’t need to reply to them if I want until I get a decision for all my choices. That’s why I was not sure.
Original post by shajereka
Thanks a lot! I’ve applied through UCAS and they told me I don’t need to reply to them if I want until I get a decision for all my choices. That’s why I was not sure.

Hey @shajereka

you're welcome 😊
It's a good idea to wait until you've received all your offers before you make your firm choice as it is a final choice, so a big decision to make!

where have you applied for and what courses?

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Reply 4
Hopefully I’ll get some good news.I’ve applied for IT and digital media at London universities, westminster, west London, london south bank and London met.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending