The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2013 ?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lascelles
I had my interview last week! It's a really chilled atmosphere! Good luck :smile:

Aw how did it go?

What sort of things did you have to do/did they ask? And thanks! :smile:
Original post by Abbiebarlow
Yes mine went off around the same time too and haven't heard anything bar the acknowledgement. After seeing everyone's rejections on here I'm definitely thinking no news is good news! Wish they'd get back to us though :smile:

Will just have to wait and see! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my Winchester interview on Wednesday, quite nervous because I really like it there! I would really appreciate it if anyone who has already been could give me any helpful tips/ideas as to what to expect? :smile:
Original post by Thatstudentdude
Aw how did it go?

What sort of things did you have to do/did they ask? And thanks! :smile:

It went ok, I think. I got some pretty positive vibes, especially off the guy who interviewed me. It's just a really simple group task which is designed to see how you interact with the others and a written task. The interview was with a local primary school head teacher, so I treated it like a job interview. It was just what you'd expect really. Like 'why do you want to be a teacher?' The whole day felt really relaxed to me. But I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing :-/
I had my interview last week! It's a really chilled atmosphere! Good luck :smile:

What sort of questions did they ask? If you don't mind me asking?
It went ok, I think. I got some pretty positive vibes, especially off the guy who interviewed me. It's just a really simple group task which is designed to see how you interact with the others and a written task. The interview was with a local primary school head teacher, so I treated it like a job interview. It was just what you'd expect really. Like 'why do you want to be a teacher?' The whole day felt really relaxed to me. But I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing :-/

I think a relaxed feel is far better on interview days! Oooh, interview with an actual head teacher? That sounds pretty scary if I'm honest! Hope you did ok!

What course was it? I'm doing English Education (7 - 14).
Reply 586
Hey, did anybody have interviews last Thursday at Brookes and last Saturday at Gloucester...have you heard anything back yet? So impatient!! x
Original post by 05autyt
I have an interview at Northumbria then too :biggrin: .. and me too with the rejection from hallam .. it was my 5th choice so not too bothered but I have no idea why .. i think, after reading their website again, they wanted you to be specific about the dates and location of your work experience in your PS which I wasn't!

Ahhh exciting! I'll see ya there then!

I rang Sheff Hall as it was originally my first choice and they said the same. The woman on the phone said they wanted specific dates/location and how long you plan on doing.
:/
I think a relaxed feel is far better on interview days! Oooh, interview with an actual head teacher? That sounds pretty scary if I'm honest! Hope you did ok!

What course was it? I'm doing English Education (7 - 14).

Im doing primary education 5-11 :smile:
Original post by share_magazine
Have you decided what you're taking as your artefact to Nottingham Trent? :smile:

I'm taking like a massive collage thing I made when I was 15 to show I'm a creative learner and talk about how its relevant to children. Idk how I'm going to make it work, I'm so clueless.

Have you thought of your artefact?
Original post by Jassstewart
What sort of questions did they ask? If you don't mind me asking?

My post above yours answers that question :smile:
Reply 591
Original post by lkg123
Hey, did anybody have interviews last Thursday at Brookes and last Saturday at Gloucester...have you heard anything back yet? So impatient!! x

I had one at Brookes on thursday and I havent heard anything back yet .. I am crazy impatient :L but they said it would be 2-3 weeks didnt they?

Original post by Becca-Anne
They originally gave me the 28th of November :smile: what about you?

They gave me 5th December but I'd already been given an interview invitation from another uni for that day :smile:
Reply 593
Original post by 05autyt
I had one at Brookes on thursday and I havent heard anything back yet .. I am crazy impatient :L but they said it would be 2-3 weeks didnt they?

haha same! yeah they said 2-3- weeks, and then another lady said 4 weeks, but i've heard that they get back to people a lot quicker than they say! so wishful thinking...haha
Reply 594
Original post by lkg123
haha same! yeah they said 2-3- weeks, and then another lady said 4 weeks, but i've heard that they get back to people a lot quicker than they say! so wishful thinking...haha

I soo want to know soon!! Ugh interviews are so annoying .. i want offers already !!
Original post by sophev
conditional from Manchester Met :biggrin: anyone else heard anything??

Ive applied there, how long did they take to get back to you? And what was your interview like?? :smile:
Oh shizzle ma nizzle, my maths qts test is tomorrow!!!!!! :'(

And did anyone get an email from Roehampton, asking them to take like this personality quiz in order to determine the outcome of our application? I just did mine!
Oh shizzle ma nizzle, my maths qts test is tomorrow!!!!!! :'(

And did anyone get an email from Roehampton, asking them to take like this personality quiz in order to determine the outcome of our application? I just did mine!

good luck!! i'm nervous to do it when it comes! yeah i got that haven't done it yet though, is it tricky or anything?! :smile:
First interview at Hull on Wednesday! I'm nervous but its my 5th choice so I'm just trying to embrace it. Good luck everyone with their interviews too and any QTS tests coming up, just relax :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ConnieMary
good luck!! i'm nervous to do it when it comes! yeah i got that haven't done it yet though, is it tricky or anything?! :smile:

Thanks!

Nar it's not so much a test, just an assessment of your personality, so it just asks what phrases best describe/worst describe you etc.

Quick Reply

Latest