The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2013 ?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Laura.E.M
Hi there :smile:

I've been looking at a few but Chester really stands out for me. The teaching satisfaction rate is good and it looks like a nice uni. If it's helpful I have made an exel sheet with all the Education courses with info like fees , type of degree , where it rates on the league tables ect.( very prepared and oraganized for me ;D) I'd be happy yo send it to you :smile: Let me know. Good luck !!
Laura :smile:

Hey, I know that this post wasnt aimed at me but if I could see this excel doc it would be so useful! :smile:) I have 3 unis I like, but no idea where else :smile:) thank you in advance!

Peter :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 81
I've taken a year out between a-levels and uni and so will start in 2013. I'm applying to:
Northampton
Bishop Grosseteste Lincoln
Hull (scarborough campus)
Plymouth Marjon
Yrk st john.
:smile:
Reply 82
Original post by peteeer
Hey, I know that this post wasnt aimed at me but if I could see this excel doc it would be so useful! :smile:) I have 3 unis I like, but no idea where else :smile:) thank you in advance!

Peter :smile:

Hey Peter,

That's no problem at all, just let me know what email to send it to :smile:

Reply 83
Hey,
I sent you a pm with my email :smile:

Hi, I'm just going into my third year at York St John University, studying Primary Education (5-11) and am absolutely loving it!! It's a great course, with everything really well organised such as placement; it's all organised by the university's School Partnership Office. You get placed in schools around the area, with travel sorted and lots of advice and support offered by the tutors. The tutors themselves are all really knowledgable and supportive, with recent experience in Primary schools, ensuring you get the most up to date teaching methods and initiatives. I have really enjoyed the last two years at YSJ, growing as both a teacher and a person. I'm sad my time at YSJ is coming to an end, but excited to become a qualified teacher!!!

A friend of mine from home has just applied to this course through clearing and he tells me that there are still places available, which is really rare, so I would recommend the Primary Education course at York St John to anyone!!! :smile:
Original post by Laura.E.M
Hi there :smile:

I've been looking at a few but Chester really stands out for me. The teaching satisfaction rate is good and it looks like a nice uni. If it's helpful I have made an exel sheet with all the Education courses with info like fees , type of degree , where it rates on the league tables ect.( very prepared and oraganized for me ;D) I'd be happy yo send it to you :smile: Let me know. Good luck !!

Do you think you could be a big help and send this table to me aswell? Pwetty please? :smile:
Reply 86
I'm already studying primary teaching, did my first two years at Liverpool Hope University
- it was absolutely shocking! I would never recommend that place to anybody!
I managed to transfer to York St. John for my final 2 years.
I am now going into my fourth year and York is totally different. It is extremely organised, lovely campus, you get so much input in lectures and sessions, you get a lot of help on assignments etc and placement is really well set out with certain points to fulfill each day of the week.
I would definitely recommend York St. John for primary education! Plus York is such a beautiful place to be!
Hi. Im thinking of studing primary education in 2013! Im really stuck, i have no clue What uni to look at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by thompsonic7
Hey guys, I applied for Primary Education 2012 entry so if anyone has any questions about interviews or the application process then just ask :smile:

Hey, i'm applying for Primary Education this year and i'm nervous about the interview process, could you let me know what it's like and if it's as scary as i think it's going to be :smile: Thanks
Reply 89

Hey, i'm considering doing Primary Education next year. I'm thinking of going to either Northumbria or Sunderland, has anyone had an interview at one of those unis? If so what was it like? :smile:
Reply 90
Hey guys I'm looking to apply to york saint John edge hill Birmingham city and roehampton :smile:
cant wait!
Reply 91
Hey, I am prospectively looking to apply to: Nottingham TrentLeeds MetSheffield Hallam York St JohnBirmingham City Uni/Liverpool JM (Slightly undecided)Has anyone else thinking of applying to any of these?Also what are you studying at the moment in terms of applying? A Levels/BTEC/AccessI am currently doing an Access course and worried whether I will be in a better or worse position than other routes when applying to Unis.
Im thinking of applying At york st johns for primary ed 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by ferguson12345
Im thinking of applying At york st johns for primary ed 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :biggrin:
Reply 94
Original post by leanne0608
Hey, I am prospectively looking to apply to: Nottingham TrentLeeds MetSheffield Hallam York St JohnBirmingham City Uni/Liverpool JM (Slightly undecided)Has anyone else thinking of applying to any of these?Also what are you studying at the moment in terms of applying? A Levels/BTEC/AccessI am currently doing an Access course and worried whether I will be in a better or worse position than other routes when applying to Unis.

I'm applying and I do Alevel biology Psychology and history then BTEC Business
Reply 95
Varied then, I think I am worrying as I'll be applying as a 'mature student' even though I will only be 22 at the time of starting.
Reply 96
Varied then, I think I am worrying as I'll be applying as a 'mature student' even though I will only be 22 at the time of starting.

Where are u applying?
Reply 97
Original post by matty121
Where are u applying?

Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Met then undecided between York St John, Birmingham City Uni and Liverpool JM. Birmingham is my local uni, but may still be thinking of moving out to halls if I did apply and was lucky enough to get in there.

How about you?
Reply 98
Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Met then undecided between York St John, Birmingham City Uni and Liverpool JM. Birmingham is my local uni, but may still be thinking of moving out to halls if I did apply and was lucky enough to get in there.

How about you?

York saint John edge hill and roehampton are my main three
Anyone been to any open days yet? If so, where? What did you think? I need to get in to gear and get checking some uni's out in person!

Quick Reply

Latest