The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lol
chalks
Eh? What formulae?

In a banking 'debenture' you may often find a lender (the bank) setting the interest rate for the client which means you need to work out all the calculations and place it in the document in order for it to become a legal document and be used as evidence in a court of law.
Hey dragon.
You neg repped me for a joke I made.
You wouldnt want any people who have strayed out of chat and into this forum to think that lawyers dont have a sense of humour, would know?
Phonicsdude
Hey dragon.
You neg repped me for a joke I made.
You wouldnt want any people who have strayed out of chat and into this forum to think that lawyers dont have a sense of humour, would know?

Although I don't think it's really in the spirit of the board to announce that to everyone, I do admit that I was in a pretty bad mood when I logged in earlier and definitely overreacted... so I'll redress the balance with some positive rep for you when I'm allowed to tomorrow!
Reply 24
Xaphania
^ Uhm of course i've researched the subject, but when unis say which modules they offer they don't go into great detail as to what the module is all about, hence my query.

If you researched the subject you would not have asked this question. Either your lying or slightly stupid. Maths... thats a good one.
Reply 25
Mr_Rizla
If you researched the subject you would not have asked this question. Either your lying or slightly stupid. Maths... thats a good one.

If you don't have anything constructive to say I suggest you keep your trap shut. Universities do not make it entirely explicit in their course details what the actual modules incorporate. How on earth am I supposed to know the kind of things one covers in constitutional law or criminal law? The only way I can do this is by asking current law students, hence this thread. I made myself clear earlier so its a wonder that you still made the above comment. I would call you stupid, but that would be an understatement.
Reply 26
Xaphania
^ If you don't have anything constructive to say I suggest you keep your trap shut. Universities do not make it entirely explicit in their course details what the actual modules incorporate. How on earth am I supposed to know the kind of things one covers in constitutional law or criminal law? The only way I can do this is by asking current law students, hence this thread. I made myself clear earlier so its a wonder that you still made the above comment. I would call you stupid, but that would be an understatement.

LOL :rofl: you told him/her/it
Reply 27
Xaphania
If you don't have anything constructive to say I suggest you keep your trap shut. Universities do not make it entirely explicit in their course details what the actual modules incorporate. How on earth am I supposed to know the kind of things one covers in constitutional law or criminal law? The only way I can do this is by asking current law students, hence this thread. I made myself clear earlier so its a wonder that you still made the above comment. I would call you stupid, but that would be an understatement.

Oh Puhlease, don't pull that constructive crap with me. Look kid, its true that universities do not make it entirely explicit what modules incorporate, but this is because they expect people to have a bit of common sense. Pure maths or Stats in constitutional law?

The number of pupillages available dropped from 853 in 2001 to 598 in 2005. You shouldn't have a problem. I see the makings of a fine lawyer in you. Maybe the best the world has ever seen.
Reply 28
Mr_Rizla
but this is because they expect people to have a bit of common sense
But alas, common sense is not so common.
Reply 29
Mr_Rizla
I see the makings of a fine lawyer in you. Maybe the best the world has ever seen.

At which point did I say I wanted to be a lawyer? You're a law student (something I find hard to believe), so you should know not to make assumptions, and you say I have no common sense... :biggrin:
Reply 30
Trading insults isn't going to get you anywhere, so I'd like to suggest a settlement ...

Stupid ill thought out question. Intollerant answer.

There you go. You both have some fault, and everyone's happy. Now ..... moving on....
Reply 31
This is random but its spelt 'intolerant'

I hear what you're saying Ethereal. I'm willing to let it go, but hey I didn't start the argument...
Reply 32
Ask them a question about law and they'll probably be more receptive. As for spelling mistake on a forum .... meh, I don't check cos I don't care :biggrin:
Reply 33
Xaphania
This is random but its spelt 'intolerant'
This is random but you missed out the apostrophe in "it's". Contraction!

:p:
Reply 34
Cheers Tommeh:beer:
Reply 35
Xaphania

Incidentally, I was wondering if any of you could perhaps lend me some assistance: I've been charged to compose a seventy-thousand-word thesis on indigenous cultures throughout the West Pacific, as part of my modular assessment for Constitutional Law; unfortunately, I've simply not the foggiest idea where to begin. I know, I know: I should've had the foresight and perspicacity to enquire beforehand; although, truth be told, never in my wildest imaginings would I have anticipated quite such a pronounced geographic 'bent'. And don't even get me started on those damned ionic equations.
While on the subject of uncertainty, i'm thinking of dropping going for law, and doing English lit instead. However, i must, before i take this drastic step, know how much physics is involved in English Lit. Can anyone help me?
Only basic level quantum mechanics.
Not a problem.
Also, you've got your 6 month work placement with NASA done, havn't you?

Of course you have.
Phonicsdude
Only basic level quantum mechanics.
Not a problem.
Also, you've got your 6 month work placement with NASA done, havn't you?

Of course you have.

Oh darn it, how could i forget NASA's placement.....oh well, i'll stick to law.
Reply 39
Bash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending