The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Anyone in Union Court next year?

I just confirmed a place in a flat in Union Court, Leamington starting in September...just wondering if anyone else is doing the same? :smile:

Some people are telling me it will be 'all international students' which is okay with me but I'm just worried about not really fitting in.

If anyone is interested, there are still loads of spaces there and it's owned by Warwick Accommodation.
Original post by missaphrodite
I just confirmed a place in a flat in Union Court, Leamington starting in September...just wondering if anyone else is doing the same? :smile:

Some people are telling me it will be 'all international students' which is okay with me but I'm just worried about not really fitting in.

If anyone is interested, there are still loads of spaces there and it's owned by Warwick Accommodation.

I visited there once towards the end of 2011. Inside it seems pretty nice, it's slightly south so it's kind of a few minutes walk in a more dodgy Leam area. That said I visted with a group on int students so I can't actually comment on the typical background of students who live there.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by missaphrodite

Hiya, I'm living in union court next year too :smile:
Reply 3
m2 :smile:
Reply 4
Hello,
I would like to ask those who are going to stay in Union court or anyplace off-campus. Would you buy a unirider card? Does it worth to buy one?

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/unirider-student-ticket.aspx
Original post by funkygeo
Hello,
I would like to ask those who are going to stay in Union court or anyplace off-campus. Would you buy a unirider card? Does it worth to buy one?

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/unirider-student-ticket.aspx

If you live in Leamington then, unless you have a car, buy a unirider. If you live in Cov, unless you want to be mercilessly ripped off, walk.
Reply 6
Original post by Totally Tom
If you live in Leamington then, unless you have a car, buy a unirider. If you live in Cov, unless you want to be mercilessly ripped off, walk.

Original post by TheTallOne
I visited there once towards the end of 2011. Inside it seems pretty nice, it's slightly south so it's kind of a few minutes walk in a more dodgy Leam area. That said I visted with a group on int students so I can't actually comment on the typical background of students who live there.

"Dodgy leam area" - I've lived in Leamington all my life and I do not know one dodgy area. Whitnash and Lillington aren't nice but you can calmy walk alone there at night. We like to scare the students though, walk around in a big group with hoodies on and **** at night, people always cross to the opposite side of the road. Its hilarious, especially when it is old grannies or students who are hench but think we are thugs. If only they knew that we're in fact the opposite. Leam is a dank town, decent nightlife for a small town, no crime basically, lots of decent shops and generally a good vibe.
Im living there next year too- either flat 15 or flat 5! :smile:
How did everyone find the place? What is the area like? I'm planning on maybe living there next year

Quick Reply

Latest