The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Sheff va Cardiff

Can anyone enlighten me on the nearest accom, city life, uni and its rankings on Cardiff and Sheffield uni for biomedical science!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Can anyone enlighten me on the nearest accom, city life, uni and its rankings on Cardiff and Sheffield uni for biomedical science!

Hi there! Cardiff uni student here 🙂 The closest accommodation to the Biomedical Sciences building, I would say would be Aberdare Hall which is 6 minutes away (but a female only accommodation) or Column Hall/Aberconway Hall/Senghennydd Court/ Senghennydd Hall, which are 10 minutes walk away. So, you've got quite a few options!

City life is good, I would say. There's loads of things to do. The campus is right next to the city center, and is easy to access - you just go down the same road the campus is on for 10 minutes or less!

The uni itself has a lot of support services, (eg. money, mental health) and everything you need is on campus. We have a Lidl on site, a uni gym, and most of the buildings in Cathays campus is on one road which I find quite convenient.

Since I'm not a bioscience student myself I can't say much about the course, but we have a Biosciences student available on Unibuddy if you wanted to chat to them about any questions you had.

Hope that helped!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi!
My name is Sofia and I am a 3rd Year Biochemistry student, which is part of the School of Biosciences at the University of Sheffield (like Biomed). There are lots of different accommodation choices, all of which are relatively close to campus. You can read a bit about the choices here: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective. I stayed in Endcliffe in my first year and I really enjoyed it!

I have really enjoyed studying at Sheffield. The university is a really friendly place with lots of support available should you need it. There are also over 300 different societies and different sport groups to take part in as part of our award winning Student's Union. Outside of the uni there is plenty to do in Sheffield with lots of good cafes, bars and restaurants. Despite having lots to do there are also many lovely green spaces to relax in. For example, we are only ~20 minutes drive from the Peak District and I enjoy going hiking at the weekend as a nice break from my studies.

I have enjoyed studying in the school of biosciences and have found lectures to be very interesting with lots of opportunity to develop my lab skills as well! Please don't hesitate to ask me any more questions you may have :smile:

Hope this helped!
Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry Student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending