The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by deedee123
Hi guys, haven't seen a thread for this so thought i'd see if anyone else is interested in applying for Pharmacy at Strathclyde for 2013 and compare grades etc. I have 5Bs for Higher Modern Studies, Higher Biology, Higher Chemistry, Higher Maths and Higher English-I was quite sad about them but I'm hoping I can get a conditional offer along with my extra-curricular stuff. I'm doing Advanced Higher Chemistry, Higher Geography and Higher History this year.

Im appling too. I got A's for higher biology, maths and computing and a B for higher Chemistry. i did int2 english and got an A. Doin AH Bio, Higher english, r.e and computing course at hnc level. hopefully we get in :smile::smile::smile:. Im only worried because they say AH Chem is recommended but im not doin cos we dont get a good teacher.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
I'm applying as well! :smile: Pharmacy at Strathclyde is my first choice, I loved it at the open day, and it's something I've wanted to do for quite a while now, so fingers crossed. I got five As in my Highers last year (Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry and RMPS) and I'm taking AH Chemistry, AH Physics and H Human Bio this year. Advanced Physics isn't going too well though, which is a bit worrying! I just wish that the application would be sent away already - I don't think I have the patience to wait until January for them to be sent off, and then even we've got an even longer wait to find out any offers etc! Where / what else are you guys applying for?
Reply 3
Original post by kirstyhr
I'm applying as well! :smile: Pharmacy at Strathclyde is my first choice, I loved it at the open day, and it's something I've wanted to do for quite a while now, so fingers crossed. I got five As in my Highers last year (Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry and RMPS) and I'm taking AH Chemistry, AH Physics and H Human Bio this year. Advanced Physics isn't going too well though, which is a bit worrying! I just wish that the application would be sent away already - I don't think I have the patience to wait until January for them to be sent off, and then even we've got an even longer wait to find out any offers etc! Where / what else are you guys applying for?

You will get in so easily dnt worry:smile: im also applin for biomedical science btw.
Reply 4

I would say someone like you shoulve applied for medicine but hey its your choice what you want to do:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by deedee123
i got an appeal so i have ABBBB now which is a bit better...i really don't know if they'll accept me but. i've also got hopsital & community experience so i hope they give me an offer, i think it'll be a B in my advanced chemistry if they do :smile: you both sound like you're getting unconditionals anyway!

not really. I need Higher english this year. Hopefully i get it:smile:
Also i appealed for Chem cos i missed out on a A by a mark. Didnt get it though:frown:
Also one of my teachers said we cant appeal this year. u can apppeal but only if u couldnt sit the exam.
if you do AH chem u have a big advantage. they say its preferred.
youll get it dnt worry. just have a good ps and good AH Chem Grade.
Also have you read the entry info page?

http://www.strath.ac.uk/sipbs/undergraduatestudy/mpharmpharmacy/mpharm_entry/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by rajeevj96
I would say someone like you shoulve applied for medicine but hey its your choice what you want to do:smile:

Sorry for the late reply! :smile: and why do you say that? In my opinion, medicine is a vocation, not a course you apply for because you have the grades to be considered?

I sent away my application to ucas on Friday. I feel physically sick at the mere thought of track getting updated!
Hi guys, i applied for 4 medicines and pharmacy at strathclyde as a back up (although i would rather do pharmacy at strathclyde). i just got a reply back on Friday giving me an unconditional for Pharmacy. Im just wondering did anyone else get a reply? im just thinking this is a bit early to get a reply.
Reply 8
Sorry for the late reply! :smile: and why do you say that? In my opinion, medicine is a vocation, not a course you apply for because you have the grades to be considered?

I sent away my application to ucas on Friday. I feel physically sick at the mere thought of track getting updated!

Hi again. Late merry xmas and Happy New Year :smile:. dnt wry you will get in. i sent mines away as well. im still waiting for offers. ive not recieved any emails from track sayin its been updated either. maybe cos it was xmas and the people who check the applications are on holiday. have u recieved offers btw?
Reply 9
Original post by Shahbaz Arshid
Hi guys, i applied for 4 medicines and pharmacy at strathclyde as a back up (although i would rather do pharmacy at strathclyde). i just got a reply back on Friday giving me an unconditional for Pharmacy. Im just wondering did anyone else get a reply? im just thinking this is a bit early to get a reply.

Well done man and an unconditional niceeeeeeeeee:smile:. i think its because ur application is an early one and we just sent ours away. thats why u got urs early.
Reply 10
I've applied
How is everyone?
Well done man and an unconditional niceeeeeeeeee:smile:. i think its because ur application is an early one and we just sent ours away. thats why u got urs early.

Thanks man, yeah maybe that's why. Just wondering if it was a mistake since its such an early reply but they've given me it so :smile:. Still not heard of anyone else getting one.
Reply 12
Original post by Shahbaz Arshid
Thanks man, yeah maybe that's why. Just wondering if it was a mistake since its such an early reply but they've given me it so :smile:. Still not heard of anyone else getting one.

another friend of mine doin the same as u(4 med and pharm as back up) got an unconditional as well so there two now:smile:
Hey guys I'm the same as a couple of you, applied for four mediccal schools but got 2 rejections so far so slim chances (I'm a soon to be grad of Biomed making medicine even more competitive) :frown:
Anyways I just decided i should have a backup so applied for pharmacy at strathclyde... fingers crossed!
P.S. Gutted they no longer accept direct entry into second year, anybody know if there have been any exceptions in the last couple of years?
Reply 15
Original post by HungryChicken92
Hey guys I'm the same as a couple of you, applied for four mediccal schools but got 2 rejections so far so slim chances (I'm a soon to be grad of Biomed making medicine even more competitive) :frown:
Anyways I just decided i should have a backup so applied for pharmacy at strathclyde... fingers crossed!

Similar scenario
Its ok
At the end of the day you tried your best :smile: good luck there's still hope du just need one med offer! :smile:
Reply 16
Hi again. Late merry xmas and Happy New Year :smile:. dnt wry you will get in. i sent mines away as well. im still waiting for offers. ive not recieved any emails from track sayin its been updated either. maybe cos it was xmas and the people who check the applications are on holiday. have u recieved offers btw?

Happy new year to you too! I haven't heard anything back yet, but I'm trying hard not to worry too much. I hope we hear back sometime soon though! Well done to everyone who's got in already! :smile:
Just got an unconditional - so happy :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by ImagineThat95
Just got an unconditional - so happy :biggrin:

Well done! :smile: was pharmacy at strathclyde your first choice?
Reply 19
I got an unconditional for pharma on the 8th. It was just sitting there and i didn't know till nearly half a week after till a letter came through. I really need to update my ucas with my email

Latest

Trending

Trending