The Student Room Group

Ninja Overcomes Gravity!

Scroll to see replies

Turkish getups 11.5kg 16kg 1 1 2
One arm pushups (low chair) 2 4 4 4
Pullups 5 7 7 5
Ab wheel (knees) 7 8 8 9 9
Stretches

Getups are getting much better. I find the left tougher to get up off the floor; engaging the oblique and rolling in to the elbow is a bit tougher. I can't fire the left so well. The right side is really good and tighter throughout. Anyway, pretty good reps, massive improvement.

I spend a lot of time stretching the chest, biceps and shoulders these days. Also do shoulder mobility. Adds about 15 minutes to my workout in total but it's necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Rotator cuffs, shoulder mobility
Turkish getups 11.5kg 2, 16kg 1 2 2
Pullups 5kg 5 5 3 3 3
One arm pushup (low chair) 2 5 5 5
KB Swings 16kg 30 40 40 30 30 (60s rest)

It's been a lazy week due to work. Just have not had the mental energy for gym due to hours. Anyway...

Really pleased with one arm pushup progression. Form quite good and 3x5 is a new pb. If I'm feeling strong next time I'll go for a full rep on the floor. I'm doing the arm tucked in.version, not the Rocky style, so it is technically harder. Can't believe a fat guy like me is gonna do a one arm pushup lol Turkish getups were really good too. Both of these exercises require good abdominal strength so I sort of got an ab workout for free

Posted from TSR Mobile
Weigh-in: 73.3kg

This was before visiting the men's room so I'm hovering around 73kg which I'm happy with, especially considering my poor diet and lack of training this week. I'm gonna maintain for now but will probably look to add a couple of kilos in the next couple of months.

Other good news is that my chiropractor signed me off as pretty much in great health right now. Symmetry is good, muscles firing well, posture is the best it's been and shoulder flexibility/mobility continues to improve. Really glad I went to see him. The improvements have been immense and it's really shown in the gym.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silent ninja
Weigh-in: 73.3kg

This was before visiting the men's room so I'm hovering around 73kg which I'm happy with, especially considering my poor diet and lack of training this week. I'm gonna maintain for now but will probably look to add a couple of kilos in the next couple of months.

Other good news is that my chiropractor signed me off as pretty much in great health right now. Symmetry is good, muscles firing well, posture is the best it's been and shoulder flexibility/mobility continues to improve. Really glad I went to see him. The improvements have been immense and it's really shown in the gym.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you have to pay for the chiropractor or can your GP refer you to him or something?
Original post by areebmazhar
Did you have to pay for the chiropractor or can your GP refer you to him or something?

I don't think they are accepted wholly in the medical field so little chance of getting referred lol My GP would've given me pills-- they don't offer healthcare advice. They are too grouchy from the grannies and sick kids to be bothered with young healthy folk. Medicine isn't preventative these days, so stuff like bad posture, muscle 'amnesia', nerve issues etc are not things a GP will identify let alone refer you for unfortunately :frown: Which GP will think "dat dere lacking scapular retraction problem and thoracic extension." You'll need to go privately to a sports clinic for that type of stuff. The nhs will consider that superfluous but long term you could be screwing yourself up.

As we have learned in recent years, money buys you health. Sad but true.

/rant
(edited 11 years ago)
Squat 105kg 3 3, 102.5kg 3, 100kg 3
Pistols 3 3 3
OHP 50kg 4 2, 47.5kg 4, 45kg 5 4 4
Powercleans 45kg 4 4 4 3
T bar row (45 deg,machine) 35kg 5 5 6 5
Bands black 7 7 blue 12 12
Straight bar preacher 22.5kg 7 7, 20kg 7, 17.5kg 11
Lateral raises 7.5kg 12 10kg/7.5kg (7,4) (5,5) (4,5 7.5)
Oblique side raises

Not sure how much weight the tbar row is, empty machine is probably 20-25kg. OHP wasn't good but I've had a bit of time off so it's expected. The gym was insanely busy so I couldn't do all the exercises I wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Squat 105kg 3 3 100kg 5
Pistols 3 4
Stiff deads 60kg 8 8 9
Inclined bench 75kg 4 3 3 70kg 5
Pec deck no.10 9 9 8
Superset above with 5 bw plyo dips
DB upright ext 40kg 7 6 6 35kg 6
Tricep pull downs no.5 10, no.6 11
Facepulls 3 sets superset with
Plate shrugs 20kg/hand

BBQ steak n chips here I come!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
73.4kg today. Maintaining atm but might slowly increase my weight to 75-76kg. Not decided, I'll see how it goes. Looking great in the mirror: triceps and shoulders have grown, lats are 'longer', stomach tightening up-- got loose skin here cos this is where I carried a big belly lol I'm looking bigger than I ever have yet weigh the lightest in years. Nice feeling that :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Curious, what are your goals for this year? :smile: Anything specific
Original post by TooEasy123
Curious, what are your goals for this year? :smile: Anything specific

Not sure, must sit down and think about this. Besides one arm press up/pullup I don't know. In gym right now texting this message like a bro lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Squat 105kg 5 5 5 100kg 5
OHP 50kg 3 45kg 5 5 5 5
Pullups (neutral) 10kg 3 4 4 4 4
Seated row no.8 7 6 no.7 8 no.6 12
Reverse flys ext rotation 7.5kg 7 7 6
DB curls decline 10kg 3x8
Cable curls no.7 8 no.7 9 9
Superset tricep push downs with reverse curls

Squats were killer. New pb but I'm not confident of going up. Really concentrated on hip drive. When the hip region gets tired it's like your whole body has been abused :/ I could've slept.

OHP was ok. Super strict awesome 3 reps @50kg. Maybe could've squeezed 1 more. OHP making no progress atm so went for 5x5 at 45kg which is technically a pb. Shoulders are coming along aesthetically though, just not in strength.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OHP 50kg 3 45kg 5 5 5 5

OHP was ok. Super strict awesome 3 reps @50kg. Maybe could've squeezed 1 more. OHP making no progress atm so went for 5x5 at 45kg which is technically a pb. Shoulders are coming along aesthetically though, just not in strength.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get 5*5 then or just 4*5?
Not sure, must sit down and think about this. Besides one arm press up/pullup I don't know. In gym right now texting this message like a bro lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! Why not take your laptop to the gym? :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TooEasy123
Haha! Why not take your laptop to the gym? :wink:

Haha then nobody will take me seriously :colonhash:

Here's my postworkout meal. I'm in heaven lol apart from the chips (and bread) it's very healthy. This salad n chicken is amazing then I got that burger to destroy :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I have a massive £1-coin sized cyst on the back of my neck. Need to get referred soon and hopefully get it removed!! At least it ain't a tumour or something, could be worse. Still, it looks weird.

Anyway, since I have steadily squatted now for a few weeks without any knee problems, I've kind of set myself a target of 140kgx5. @5kg per month that gives me until about October to hit it which I think is doable. I may also start flat benching again soon. I think my arms, shoulders and back have all caught up and I have a relatively balanced physique now. Will take pics-- it's 9 months and a bit since I started so need to take my quarterly pic. I'll be interested to see whether you guys think i've 'bulked' up during this whole time that I've been on a deficit/maintenance, since when I started I was told I wouldn't add much mass but I think I have.
(edited 11 years ago)
So I have a massive £1-coin sized cyst on the back of my neck. Need to get referred soon and hopefully get it removed!! At least it ain't a tumour or something, could be worse. Still, it looks weird.

Anyway, since I have steadily squatted now for a few weeks without any knee problems, I've kind of set myself a target of 140kgx5. @5kg per month that gives me until about October to hit it which I think is doable. I may also start flat benching again soon. I think my arms, shoulders and back have all caught up and I have a relatively balanced physique now. Will take pics-- it's 9 months and a bit since I started so need to take my quarterly pic. I'll be interested to see whether you guys think i've 'bulked' up during this whole time that I've been on a deficit/maintenance, since when I started I was told I wouldn't add much mass but I think I have.

*excited for progress pics*
*even more excited for pic of £1 coin sized cyst*
Original post by areebmazhar
*excited for progress pics*
*even more excited for pic of £1 coin sized cyst*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol definitely not posting pic of the nasty cyst. It's a £1 sized mountain! Looks like I'm growing an alien out the back of my neck!

Pics on Saturday I think. I've added some fat this week. Diet been terrible especially with chocolate and biscuit snacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Squat 107.5kg 3 2, 105kg 5, 100kg 5
Pistols/Stiff deads 60kg (4,8) (4,10) 70kg (3,8)
Bench 85kg 2 2 80kg 3 70kg 7
Dips (speed) 10 12 12
Lat pulldown no.8 8 8 8 8
Face pulls no.7 12 no.8 10 10
Superset Reverse curls 15kg 12 12 12
Band pulls

Hit the bar into the rack and lost all rhythm and confidence on first set of bench :frown: second set 85kgx2 was a lot easier. I've not benched since October/November so can't be too displeased. My technique needs practice again, it felt uncomfortable and a little unstable, and I've lost all strength endurance on it lol
Couldn't find the dipping belt. Piss take!!

Squats were killer. That is all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 438
Ninja, I saw some of your progress pics; great progress.

Me, on the other hand :emo:
Original post by kka25
Ninja, I saw some of your progress pics; great progress.

Me, on the other hand :emo:

Aww patience young skywalker. My weight stalled for a good 2 months before going down again. You gotta keep chipping away at it.

More progress pics possibly today.

Quick Reply

Latest