The Student Room Group

Ninja Overcomes Gravity!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AreebWithaHat
I'm on target for 120 in about 3 sessions if everything goes to plan.

Oh and I'm in the net :wink:

You play goalie? Nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silent ninja
17 Oct
Squats 115kg 2 2 105kg 5 5
Pistols 3 4 5
RDLs 60kg 10 80kg 8 8
Ab wheel 10 10 10 10 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice squats.
You play goalie? Nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a thread up for squats, post your e1RM/triple in there brah.
Original post by Motorbiker
Nice squats.

Thanks. They kinda suck. I should be doing 130+ right now comfortably. Ah well, some progress is better than none

Viking press 50kg 4 7 7 7 (pb)
DB press 17.5kg 7 7
Pullups neutral hollow 5 7 6 5
CG lat pulldown sup no.10 3x8
Farmers 35kg 1.5 1 1 1
Superset
- Shrugs 15kg 3x15
- Band pulls 3x12

Woke up late so really didn't have time to do legs, especially with all the mobility and stretching I do pre workout.

Nothing to write home about. My plan on the Viking press is just add a rep to each set each workout. So 4-5 sets of 5/6/7/8 then I'll add 2.5kg on. Once I can do 60x5 I'll think about OHP again. The movements are very different so it'll probably take a while for the strength gains to carry over.

Will join the squat thingy, although if I look at the last few weeks I'm squatting once a week. I don't expect to do much by December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:ninja:
Hey guys

Today I'm gonna post my workout. But before I do that, hold on let me give you a bicep shot...
...today was a semi decent workout. It's been a while since I've trained my arms so I thought I'd post some pics.

Squat 115kg 3 3 105kg 3 100kg 5
INcline bench 80kg 3 75kg 5 5 5
Tbar rows 55kg 5 5 5 50kg 8
High cable flyes no.2 x3 sets
Face pulls no.9 12 no.10 10 10
Preacher curls straight bar 27.5kg 7 7 22.5kg 7
Hammer DB curls 12.5kg 7 10kg 9 8

Tbar rows progressing nicely. Bench didn't feel tight today. I got 3 reps but it was harder than last time.
Squats felt crap. I will do a light day to get some reps in later in the week.
Mirin bro.

Looking thick, solid tight etc.

2 triples at 115 on squats is good bro. Probably equal to my 116kg for 1 triple.
Thanks. I'm a bit fat atm. Gonna carry on slowly gaining weight for a couple more months then re-evaluate.
Squats 100kg 3 x3 (paused) 90kg 2x5
Rdls 80kg6 5 5
Viking press 50kg 5 5 40kg 8 8 8 10
Chinups 5 5 5 4
Close grip lat pulldowns 3x8
Lateral raises
Face pulls

The bar on RDLs was utter crap. Felt like holding soap. I can do 10+ on 80kg but not on that crappy bar.

Squat technique practice again today. Trying my best to keep upright so I don't keel forward when the bar is heavy - lose upright position, lose chest= lose the whole lift. That's me. Adductors/groin are really tight. I should do something about it.

That's all today. I'm barely going gym twice a week these days. I need to step it up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys

Today I'm gonna post my workout. But before I do that, hold on let me give you a bicep shot...

Some powerful looking forearms bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nvmthename
Some powerful looking forearms bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man. I want forearms bigger than biceps, like Bruce Lee! I'd love that.
Thanks man. I want forearms bigger than biceps, like Bruce Lee! I'd love that.

You don't do anything specific for your forearms do you? I do deads and curls pretty much atm, but I want some joocy forearms, they look awesome in a t-shirt.
You don't do anything specific for your forearms do you? I do deads and curls pretty much atm, but I want some joocy forearms, they look awesome in a t-shirt.

Welcome back!! You criminal

Preacher curls, straight bar. Nothing pumps my forearms more. Awesome exercise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welcome back!! You criminal

Preacher curls, straight bar. Nothing pumps my forearms more. Awesome exercise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Back for good now, will be careful about what I post.
Reply 915
Looking good, bro. Seeing some vascularity in there.
Squats 110kg 3x3
Pistols 3 5 4
Bench 87.5kg 3 3 3 (pb)
DB flyes 10kg 3x10

Great form on squats 8/10. Happy with depth, happy with hips open, happy with little forward tilt and chest collapse. Not happy that I'm still basically doing paused squats. I need to work on using that stretch reflex.

First two sets of bench were pretty hard and I didn't expect to get 3 in the last. I just couldn't get tight and compact. I got a spotter on the last set -- he never toucheed the bar -- and I got 3 reps comfortably. It was nice and tight. I need to throw in some 5x5 days to continue working on my technique. I lift max every bench session which probably isn't a good idea.

Original post by Thiseas
Looking good, bro. Seeing some vascularity in there.

Thanks man. I looked more vascular a few months ago when I was 4 kilos lighter. Oh well.

I'm following your blog but I'm a lazy poster as of late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice bench PB, I swear you hit 87.5 previously though. Also weird how there isn't much difference between your incline and flat. I have the same problem with squats atm, everything is perfect except I just end up sitting in the hole for a second or two. Need to utilise the stretch reflex.
Nice bench PB, I swear you hit 87.5 previously though. Also weird how there isn't much difference between your incline and flat. I have the same problem with squats atm, everything is perfect except I just end up sitting in the hole for a second or two. Need to utilise the stretch reflex.

Dude, if we can use that stretch reflex we'll get 5-10% increase on squats which is quite a lot! I have long legs like you so the challenge out the hole is keeping upright and not letting the upper back/chest collapse, making you do a mini good morning. I can't go ATG with a straight bar path. I've tried it tonnes of times. It's just not possible. If I go all the way down I have to tilt forward to get out the hole = good morning.

I'm glad someone reads my log lol I have done 87.5kg for 2-3 reps about 6 months ago but only for 1 set. 3x3 is a lot better :smile: A single 2-plate bench is doable but I'll just carry on for now.
Incline to flat, I aim for around 10% difference. I don't base this on anything but it seems to be about right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Workout music epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAumBh4NU14&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Chinups (hollow) (5) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Ab wheel 5x6
KB swings 7x30

Did some ladder(?) chinups. You start off with 1 and do a rep more each time until failure, then you work back down to 0. Including warmup, that's 61 reps! That's the most I've ever done.

Ab wheel is not so surprisingly difficult when your lats are exhausted.

I took it easy on KB swings just to work on form. I get aches between my shoulder blades after this which might have something to do with not pulling at the top and/or shrugging. Anyway, it was awesome cardio and with that Rocky music on I powered through it!

Sent from my HTC One

Quick Reply

Latest