The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School A100 2013 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by MTW47
To those that got an email from HYMS, what did it say? Was there anything about an open day? Has anyone firmed yet?:smile::smile:

It's nothing too special, just a congratulations email really. There isn't going to be an offer day, but they suggest that if we haven't seen both campuses, that we book on to their regular open days to get a good look round :smile:
Reply 741
Original post by MTW47
Thanks. Went to open day at Hull and had interview there, so I just want to see York. What did people who went there think. I was really impressed with Hull, it was the first of many open days I went to, and to be honest nowhere I went after seemed anywhere near as good:smile:

Well I was interviewed at York, and the HYMS building is really nice. Sadly we didn't get a look around the main campus because of the snow, but York itself is absolutely beautiful :smile:
Reply 742
on student finance, when i am on the student finance calculator, when adding the universities, I have tried adding hull york medical school but when i click search nothing comes up? someone please help me
Received an email directly from HYMS finally. :smile: But it's specifically for international students.
Reply 744
Original post by samfreak
on student finance, when i am on the student finance calculator, when adding the universities, I have tried adding hull york medical school but when i click search nothing comes up? someone please help me

I had this worry last year! Put either Hull or York and then you can change it when you get allocated if necessary :smile:
Reply 745
Are there any graduates accepted...hoping im not the only one!
Reply 746
Hi, just got called for an interview this morning and this is my first medical school interview. Would be great if anyone who has been interviewed in the past could tell me what the interview is like? Thanks!
Original post by kahlong
Hi, just got called for an interview this morning and this is my first medical school interview. Would be great if anyone who has been interviewed in the past could tell me what the interview is like? Thanks!

At hull York....?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 748
Original post by MTW47
Sorry we were told not to discuss the interviews. However don't worry, just keep calm and you will be fine. Good luck! Are you an overseas student?:smile:

hi. yes i am :smile: aww man. its fine haha. thanks nevertheless :smile:
Reply 749
Anyone firmed? :h:
Original post by sablarrr
Anyone firmed? :h:

Yup :^_^:
Reply 751
Original post by sabzy1
Yup :^_^:

Awesome! Can't wait to start :flutter: Am I crazy in preferring hull over york?
Awesome! Can't wait to start :flutter: Am I crazy in preferring hull over york?

why would that be crazy? Do you think minority would prefer Hull?
Mind you, when Peninsula split into Exeter and Plymouth this year, vastly more applied to Exeter, so suppose these things happen.
Might have put some people off applying to HYMS too, because they don't get a choice...?
Reply 753
Original post by i'm the daddy!
why would that be crazy? Do you think minority would prefer Hull?
Mind you, when Peninsula split into Exeter and Plymouth this year, vastly more applied to Exeter, so suppose these things happen.
Might have put some people off applying to HYMS too, because they don't get a choice...?

Generally, Hull gets a bad rep but the med students really sold it to us on the interview day. But I don't really mind where I end up!
Reply 754
Seriously are there no graduates? Oh dear.
Reply 755
Original post by MTW47
I went to Hull on my open day and for interview, I thought it was great and I was really impressed:smile:

It has a certain charm to it haha. Are you thinking of firming?
Reply 756
Original post by MTW47
Just waiting to hear from one uni. I think I will, my only concern is I am not sure if I will get A in biology!!

Good luck! If it's any consolation, I bombed bio unit 4, resat and got full ums. You'll be fine :smile:
Good luck! If it's any consolation, I bombed bio unit 4, resat and got full ums. You'll be fine :smile:

Don't suppose you know anybody with the same success for chem4!?! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 758
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
Don't suppose you know anybody with the same success for chem4!?! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you with AQA? I did OCR :tongue: The thing with chem is that you need to logically organise the whole unit in your head and make links between each topic i.e. organic chem, synthesis, phenols etc. Try to ensure that you understand what's happening at each stage, especially for mechanisms. I've more or less forgotten what I studied at A Level though, so I'm not much use!
Are you with AQA? I did OCR :tongue: The thing with chem is that you need to logically organise the whole unit in your head and make links between each topic i.e. organic chem, synthesis, phenols etc. Try to ensure that you understand what's happening at each stage, especially for mechanisms. I've more or less forgotten what I studied at A Level though, so I'm not much use!

Unfortunately yes I am!!! I bossed the mock and then bombed the exam so something went badly wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending