The Student Room Group

Is a Honda Civic a good first car?

Opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah it'll get you around reliably...
My Dad's first car was a Honda Civic. :biggrin: I don't remember there being any problems with it back then.
Yes
Reply 4
It's a very common first car among American teenagers since it is a very cheap car there.
Reply 5
For your first car, something that works is great! Haha. In all seriousness though, I love Civics. Good, cost effective, reliable. Cant ask for much more for a first car!
Very reliable. Not a bad choice at all!
Reply 7
Its a good choice. Reliable, practical but not too big, good on fuel, fairly easy to drive one.
Reply 8
Original post by Zuki
Opinions?

I am no where near getting a first car insurance costs have scared me off even getting a provisional lol. But I want either a Honda civic, Toyota Yaris(Toyota is my favorite car company) or VW Golf. And yes CIVIC is an awesome car.
Reply 9
I'd say so. My mum's had one for nearly 10 years now and it's never given her any problems.
Reply 10
Yes, even i want to buy a Honda Civic, they are one of the best cars ever to exist.
Reply 11
Just don't get a riced version lol.
I've read that it's one of the most expensive small cars to insure for young people. I don't know how old you are, but do an insurance quote before you set your heart on it.
Reply 13
I want one too but the new models aren't great apparently, around 2004 models are good
Get an EP3.
They are in a ridiculously high insurance bracket for what they are

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I learnt on a honda civic.. was a really nice car, so I'm going to say yes in answer to your question!

My instructor got rid of her honda now though.. and replaced it with some white car... but the clutch did squeak and had to have lard rubbed on it, else it would stick too.... that was an awkward moment... get to the traffic light and the clutch wont lift!
Reply 17
Original post by Zuki
Opinions?

There are many versions, some are better than others as a first car. Genuine Honda parts aren't cheap whether it is for a car or lawnmower.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Yes...but the insurance on any Jap car is pretty ridiculous. Get a quote first.

On the other hand, you won't have any problems with it mechanically unlike the French/Itay counterparts which may offset the higher insurance costs by less garage costs.
which year Honda Civic are you interested in buying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending