The Student Room Group

How good is a BA Hons Drama degree?

I was just wondering since you don't have to do any exams on a BA Hons Drama degree, how good is a degree compared to say a Maths, English or even Music?

Would it help to get any sort of job outside of the Drama industry?
Reply 1
A drama degree for getting in finance is as useful as a Maths degree for getting in the music industry.
Why studying something unrelated to where you want to work in?
Reply 2
There are exams involved with a drama degree - it depends on each individual course but many will have exams as well as the assignments and practical assessments/self-evaluations. Why study a degree in drama if you don't want to work in that industry? :lolwut:
Reply 3
Original post by madders94
There are exams involved with a drama degree - it depends on each individual course but many will have exams as well as the assignments and practical assessments/self-evaluations. Why study a degree in drama if you don't want to work in that industry? :lolwut:

I meant a job along side my career in Drama
Any form of performance degree is as academically rigorous as any other Humanities degree - so get rid of the idea you have that a Drama degree is some sort of easy ride or a 'pretend' degree.

Performance studies demands a great deal more of a student than just reading books, writing essays - you put your whole self on the line each time you step out in front (even just in class). Ready for that?
Reply 5
Original post by Mrx123
I meant a job along side my career in Drama

If you want a career in drama as in acting, I think the best jobs you'll be looking at on the side is part time waiting-on and shop work - most people tend to do that. I doubt many employers will employ someone full-time who may decide to quit at the drop of a hat if they get a part in a show or film.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending