The Student Room Group

University to do a music degree ?

Hi! I'm trying to look into universities where I can do my BA (Hons)/BMus in Music. I'm a pianist. I'm wanting to go into music professionally, so shouldn't be the type of music course that focuses on pop etc Is there any university out there that is recommendable, does this type of degree and is perhaps a bit like the Royal College of Music (London), or the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama ?? Thanks x
Canterbury Christ Church University does a BA in Music. I study Commercial Music but I'm in contact with the classically orientated students and they seem genuinely happy. It is also quite a small course. Which I think is important so you get as much help as possible. The University also gives weekly instrumental lessons during the University terms at no extra cost.
Reply 2
Original post by Princess3085
Canterbury Christ Church University does a BA in Music. I study Commercial Music but I'm in contact with the classically orientated students and they seem genuinely happy. It is also quite a small course. Which I think is important so you get as much help as possible. The University also gives weekly instrumental lessons during the University terms at no extra cost.

I will look into this, thank you so much for your recommendation!

Just here to say HEY and hope you are enjoying it! :yeah:

- Luke
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Just here to say HEY and hope you are enjoying it! :yeah:

- Luke

Lovely first year can't recommend it anymore, can't wait till September :smile:
Lovely first year can't recommend it anymore, can't wait till September :smile:

Glad to hear! Looking forward to the SU have a presence back on campus as well this September too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest