The Student Room Group

Architecture - Uni of Bath

Hi!
I have 1.5 year till gratuation. I am doing IB course and I've started looking for universities and courses. I am interested in, inter alia, architecture and thus I found Uni of Bath. Guys, would u be so kind and tell me something about this school? Is it so hard to get there? Is it a very prestigous school? Is it true, as they has written on their website, that only 6-es are needed ( as minimum ) to apply for ? I am doing Maths HL, B&M HL, English B HL, Physics SL, Polish A SL and German B SL. Is it enough, after getting a proper grades on the end of the school? what about checking my art skills? Does it take place? I would really appreaciate your feedback!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
anyone?!?
Reply 2
Isn't IB marked out of 45? And the offer is 38 with 6 in HL maths, but B&M gets mentioned as 'less effective preparation' so you may need higher grades elsewhere to make up for it.

I think Bath is very well known for architecture but not sure.

They say on the website no portfolio is required.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/prospectus/subject/architecture/entry-requirements/
Reply 3
Original post by roh
Isn't IB marked out of 45?

45 points is maximum in in IB.

Original post by roh
B&M gets mentioned as 'less effective preparation' so you may need higher grades elsewhere to make up for it.

it means that it's such an easy question that u have to get better marks in other to cover all requirements?? That's ridiculous, though.... B&M is so tough that almost no-one can imagine.. I mean remebering these all stuff and writing it then on the exam.

Original post by roh
They say on the website no portfolio is required.

Generally applicants will not be required to attend an interview. We do not have any standard additional tests. Applicants will not be required to submit a portfolio.

not required = interviews with porfolio is not carried out, or people who want to be more likely to get can do it?
Reply 4
??? please help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending