The Student Room Group

architecture placement during uni

does anyone know if architecture companies usually pay you during the placement years of the architecture course at uni?
Reply 1
Original post by Blueflag11
does anyone know if architecture companies usually pay you during the placement years of the architecture course at uni?

What uni are u at?
From my understanding most pay as to meet RIBA requirements it has to be paid work to count towards your 24 months.
I applied to uni to start architecture this autumn :banana:
Reply 2
Original post by Andi.0k
What uni are u at?
From my understanding most pay as to meet RIBA requirements it has to be paid work to count towards your 24 months.
I applied to uni to start architecture this autumn :banana:

Hi thanks for your reply:smile:

I'm due to start uni this autumn too, hopefully at Cardiff wbu?

Hi there!

I have just finished my architecture undergraduate course at Kent and year-out work experience in practice are normally salaried, but it is recommended to always double-check and confirm with you employer.

I trust you are excited to start your course. If you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Tracy
UKC Rep
Reply 4

Bath if I get the grades. I didn't know Cardiff did year outs :confused:
That's super cool I definitely think most unis don't appreciate the value of a year out it was honestly a deal breaker for me.
Reply 5

Hey did you get Cardiff ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending