The Student Room Group

DENTISTRY University Replies 2013 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by ilyaasr
Just noticed that you've applied to the same unis as me, I'm scottish too :smile: not heard anything

Ooh interesting!! Have you not even heard back from Newcastle yet? You'll probably hear from them soon though if you've not yet.. but the scottish unis will take there time for sure! lol
Original post by alam95
Yupp same! Lol.. hopefully waiting patiently will be worth it :smile: I'm from Scotland so ive applied to Glasgow, Dundee, Manchester and Newcastle. So far only heard back from Newcastle and have an interview there. What about you?

Apart from Leeds rejection and Plymouth interview...Manchester and Sheffield to still hear from. Praying for good outcomes from them all!
Reply 582
Original post by _HabibaH_
Apart from Leeds rejection and Plymouth interview...Manchester and Sheffield to still hear from. Praying for good outcomes from them all!

Wow, from the comments on TSR it looks like Leeds are going big with rejections.. they may not take UKCAT but they are very fussy! lol.. I think they put a lot of focus on voluntary work and experience so that's why I never applied there.. Didn't have the minimum 6 month volunteering etc :/ But well done on the Plymouth interview and all the best for it! Hopefully the remaining replies will be good too :smile:
Woooo! I have an interview at King's on the 17th December!! :excited:
Reply 584
Original post by alam95
Yupp same! Yeah they must have got a lot of applications! I hope we hear back soon.. we will probably hear back around the same time! lol
Good luck to you too!! :biggrin: have you heard back from any others?
Apart from only one reply so far.. things are going well. I was able to attend an interview prep session at Glasgow Uni and that really helped a lot! wbu?

Thank you :smile: Yeah we probably will :P
I have an interview at Leeds, and have confirmation emails from the other choices Barts and KCL. You?
I Have had a interview skills talk thing, arranged by my school, the guy picked on me quite a bit but I realized i was clueless about dentistry :eek: , but that's about it lol, Aww you're so lucky, was it the uni itself that organised it, did you apply there (Glasgow) ?
Reply 585
Original post by MidnightWolf

Congratulations :P well done !!
They are lovely there I hear.
Reply 586
Original post by jojo1995
Thank you :smile: Yeah we probably will :P
I have an interview at Leeds, and have confirmation emails from the other choices Barts and KCL. You?
I Have had a interview skills talk thing, arranged by my school, the guy picked on me quite a bit but I realized i was clueless about dentistry :eek: , but that's about it lol, Aww you're so lucky, was it the uni itself that organised it, did you apply there (Glasgow) ?

Ooh Congratulations!! I have an interview at Newcastle and only confirmations from Glasgow, Dundee and Manchester. I don't think glasgow or Dundee will be offering interviews too soon though.. :/ they seem to be taking their time! lol
Ooh that sounds good! Aaah but yes, thats when you learn the most! Your kind of pushed to learn more the hard way!
It was mainly the REACH programme and they arranged separate sessions for dentistry, medicine and Vet med applicants. There were limited spaces and I just got it through my school.
Reply 587

well done! what was your UKCAT score?
Reply 588
Original post by alam95
Ooh interesting!! Have you not even heard back from Newcastle yet? You'll probably hear from them soon though if you've not yet.. but the scottish unis will take there time for sure! lol

No I think the people with the highest ukcat scores are hearing first, I got 635. I emailed Dundee a couple weeks ago and they said they'd have got back to us by the end of this week but obv not, on the glasgow website it says they'll tell us by next friday so good luck!
Reply 589
jealous of everyone with replies :frown: im still impatiently waiting
Reply 590
Original post by Zkhan17

Same here...
Wow just got an interview invitation from Kings on the 17th December! :smile:
Today's been a crazy day....a rejection from leeds, then an interview from Kings! :biggrin:
Original post by Zkhan17

Sometimes it's better not to hear anything now, as chances are it's most likely a rejection at this stage...
Good luck anyway and i hope you hear some good news soon in the form of an interview! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 593
Original post by ilyaasr
No I think the people with the highest ukcat scores are hearing first, I got 635. I emailed Dundee a couple weeks ago and they said they'd have got back to us by the end of this week but obv not, on the glasgow website it says they'll tell us by next friday so good luck!

Aah yeah often unis do that.. I'm surprised I heard quite soon as i got 697.5 and I'd expect quite a lot to be in the 700s :/
ooh that means they'll be soon then!! i had no idea! Feeling really nervous now! Good luck to you too!! what's your first choice?
Original post by Solid.Snake
Wow just got an interview invitation from Kings on the 17th December! :smile:

Same! :smile: What time is your interview?

Edit: I got negged for this? Seriously?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 595
Original post by alam95
Aah yeah often unis do that.. I'm surprised I heard quite soon as i got 697.5 and I'd expect quite a lot to be in the 700s :/
ooh that means they'll be soon then!! i had no idea! Feeling really nervous now! Good luck to you too!! what's your first choice?

Your score is really good :smile: Glasgow first and dundee 2nd, you? What are your grades?
Reply 596
Original post by ilyaasr
Your score is really good :smile: Glasgow first and dundee 2nd, you? What are your grades?

Lol same!! Haha Wouldn't have to move if i got in glasgow, dundee 2nd, Manchester 3rd as I know loads of people to help me settle in there if i were to go ..and Newcastle 4th.. just coz it's closer than the rest in England lol! I got all A band 1s in my 5 highers in 5th year, wbu?
Reply 597
Original post by alam95
Lol same!! Haha Wouldn't have to move if i got in glasgow, dundee 2nd, Manchester 3rd as I know loads of people to help me settle in there if i were to go ..and Newcastle 4th.. just coz it's closer than the rest in England lol! I got all A band 1s in my 5 highers in 5th year, wbu?

I have family in manchester so I'm good to go there :P I got eight 1s and 5As too but not all band 1s lol, predicted AAAB this year
Same! :smile: What time is your interview?

Mine's at 3:20pm :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 599
Mine's at 3:20 too!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest