The Student Room Group

The 2013 interviews, offers of a place and confirmation for Nursing

OK, so there are a few threads on where 2013 Nursing students want to go and what branch they want to study, but I thought maybe a thread on the whole UCAS application process would be good: where are you in your UCAS application? Have you sent it off? Have you had a response? Do you have an interview? What prep did you do for it? How did it go? etc etc... then (and I know this seems like AGES away) did you get a place? When do you start your course?

It would also help people who are applying to the same Uni's with things like interview tips and how quick individual Uni's get back to you with their decsion.

I hope that prospective nursing students can look at this and remind themselves its all worth the nerves of interviews, the frustration of waiting and perhaps the knockbacks of a no offer, because we can all keep eachothers chins up and offer advice and (hopefully) dance around the room in celebration when we get confirmation of a place :biggrin:

So.....

I sent my application off on the 11th October, I got my UCAS letter today (15th) and logged into track. I recieved an email from one of my choices (Canterbury) the day after I sent my application off, thanking me for my application and to keep an eye on my email as that would be how they would contact me.

So thats where I am right now!

What about you.........?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm at the same place as you are. I sent my application off on the 1st October, can't remember when I received my UCAS letter. So far, I have received a confirmation email from one of my choices the day after I sent my application off.
Reply 2
I have completed my application and waiting for my college to ok it all to send off, so hopefully this should be done next week/end of is week :smile:
Stressful... but this will all totally be worth it!! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
I sent off my UCAS application on 10th Oct and have so far received my UCAS welcome letter and emails from 3 of my choices confirming that they have received my application :smile: but nothing further yet...
Reply 4
i sent off my Ucas application on the 12th oct and have so far received emails from unis confirming that they received my application:smile: jus waiting on interviews now scarred :afraid: which unis did everyone apply to??
Reply 5
Original post by Prisky
i sent off my Ucas application on the 12th oct and have so far received emails from unis confirming that they received my application:smile: jus waiting on interviews now scarred :afraid: which unis did everyone apply to??

I applied to Wolverhampton, Keele, Birmingham, Staffordshire and Birmingham City... like you I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof until I hear anything
I sent mine off mid Sept and have had acknowledgements from all three of my choices.

I was interviewed on the 5th for one of my choices and now I'm rather impatiently awaiting the outcome. Good luck to all applying!! :smile::smile:
Reply 7
I recieved confirmation emails and letters from my choices (Brighton, Canterbury, Greenwich and London Southbank), I saw on my UCAS track today that I was unsuccessful for Canterbury. I've emailed them for some feedback on why, but its seriously knocked me :frown: I didnt really want to go there but its still a blow to the confidence especially as an independant applicant!
How is everybody else getting on?
Sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up and stay positive. Good luck for the rest of your choices! :smile:
Reply 9
I'm just waiting for my reference to send it off :smile:
Any ideas of when they usually start inviting people for interviews etc?
Original post by xKaylax
I'm just waiting for my reference to send it off :smile:
Any ideas of when they usually start inviting people for interviews etc?

I've already had one interview, was 2 weeks ago :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by kerryjayne21
I've already had one interview, was 2 weeks ago :smile:

Really! when did you apply? And which uni was it for?
Good luck getting an offer, how did it go? :smile:
Reply 12
hey! i am applying for adult nursing at Kings, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham and Sheffield Hallam! hopefully tmr my application is sent off! but i am really scared! on like my 16th version of my personal statement!
Im applying to Chester, Keele, Edge Hill, Uclan and LJMU! :smile: just worrying cause my personal statement isnt even ready to be sent yet! :frown: hopefully have it all sent in next few weeks :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Im applying for Childrens Nursing at : Coventry, Birmingham City, University of Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Northampton! Havent sent off my application yet :frown: Hopefully it will be sent off by early November.. and then its the horrible waiting game! :frown:
Hey everyone, I sent my application today and i'm just waiting for my tutor to do her part now! i've chosen de montfort, essex, sheffield hallam, york and manchester for adult nursing!! Those of you who have already had interviews, how were they? Were you asked to discuss current issues within nursing? :smile:
Original post by xKaylax
Really! when did you apply? And which uni was it for?
Good luck getting an offer, how did it go? :smile:

Hi :smile:

I sent my UCAS app in on the 19th of Sept to Worcester, Birmingham City and Wolverhampton. Selection day was for Worcester on the 5th of Oct - they were really fast the whole precess was very intense. I'm still awaiting the decision of that interview, I felt like it went well but who knows. I'm yet to hear anything from my other choices other than acknowledgements.
Original post by Jordiebabes
Hey everyone, I sent my application today and i'm just waiting for my tutor to do her part now! i've chosen de montfort, essex, sheffield hallam, york and manchester for adult nursing!! Those of you who have already had interviews, how were they? Were you asked to discuss current issues within nursing? :smile:

Hi there. On my selection day I was sent an article from Nursing Standard. On the actual day, we had to discuss the article in group whilst being watched by service users and clinicians wielding clipboards. After which we had to present our discussion to the rest of the room. After that we had to write up what we had done.

I wasn't actually ever asked about current issues however I did start talking about things in my interview.When I was asked if I had any questions I asked if the university did anything for World Mental Health day which was the following week and somehow I ended up talking about the mental health Discrimination Bill.

:smile:
Reply 18
Hello! I've applied for Adult Nursing at Kingston, Hertfordshire, City, Oxford Brookes and de Montfort. I sent my application off on 28th September and heard nothing for a week and half, when I found out I had an interview at Hertfordshire for 31st October! I'm very excited/nervous already. Desperate to hear back from other places now, even if it's bad news I just want to know!
Good luck to everyone! Strange to think some of us could be at interviews or even courses together!
Reply 19
Hey, I have applied for Childrens Nursing .. I sent my UCAS application off beg of September .. Had my welcome letter a week after ..Had an email from one of my chosen Uni's (Bournemouth) 15th October confirming they had my application and would notify me of any changes by email! Checked track a million times lol and no changes yet!! Soo nervous! Was unsuccessful last year so really hoping this year is my time!! Good luck to you all!! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending