The Student Room Group

Huge Thighs

I'm a guy, and although the rest of my body is quite thin, my thighs are absolutely huge. It seems all the fat is stored in them. I tried to fit my fingers around them but I couldn't :eek:. They are quite out of proportion to the rest of my body.

I know they say a pear shape (large thighs, thin stomach) is healthier than an apple shape (thin thighs, fat stomach) but I want to lose some weight off of my thighs without losing weight from the rest of my body. Sadly, I can't join a gym, so are there any suggestions?

I eat pretty healthily, but I do have lots of chocolate.

Thanks
Reply 1
Others may correct me if I'm wrong.. but there's nothing wrong with not being able to wrap your fingers around your thigh.

Maybe you're just being too sensitive.. your thighs can't possible be THAT big.
Reply 2
Compared to the rest of my body, they're really quite big. I'd like them to be in line with the rest of my body, ie thin.
If I could wrap my hand around my thigh I'd kill myself or probably die of anorexia/hunger or something.

Don't worry and if you are worried do running or cycling.
If you could fit your fingers around your thigh you'd most probably be emaciated and have tubes in your arms to boot. Your thighs sound normal to tell the truth but if you do want to lose weigh of them perhaps go running in your local park (the weathers warming) or perhaps tone them with leg exercises?
Reply 5
LOL just noticed it's impossible for me to wrap my hands around them too. :biggrin: Glad I'm not the only one, although I DO think they're much bigger than the rest of me. :s: All my fat IS stored in there...

The only thing I can think of you to do is do leg exercices, but they might just make them muscly.
Like lay on your side on the floor and lift one up etc.
Reply 6
Anonymous
Compared to the rest of my body, they're really quite big. I'd like them to be in line with the rest of my body, ie thin.

I'm a size six and I can wrap my hands about 2 thirds the way round, nowhere near all the way.
Reply 7
cycling is supposed to b good for losing fat in the thighs
Reply 8
errrr, you're not meant to be able to wrap your hands round your thighs, if you could you'd probably find walking hard.

Our thighs are big for a reason.
My bf has huge thighs, and they are kinda sexy... but he was a rugby player. I guess you could do squat thrusts and step ups. Also, go running. Will shed the weight but warning - will put muscle on.

But fitting fingers around thighs prob is not healthy.
Reply 10
I've always found large thighs on a guy v v v attractive!
Hahahah I like the way everyone in this threat wrapped their hands around their thighs.

I cant do it either :frown:
FireDeuce
Hahahah I like the way everyone in this threat wrapped their hands around their thighs.

I cant do it either :frown:

ha ha, I like it too :smile: tho I just realised I can't do it either. damn big
thighs
Can't get my hands around my thighs, and my thighs are the least fat part of my body.
Reply 14
Straas
errrr, you're not meant to be able to wrap your hands round your thighs, if you could you'd probably find walking hard.

Our thighs are big for a reason.

Having a high bf% doesn't mean that you can walk well.

I have fairly thin thighs but ripped and bike an hour or so at weekdays. Then I do my leg workout friday.

Point of my post: Big doesn't mean strong.

Latest

Trending

Trending