The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Lacrosse at LSE

Does anybody know anything about the lacrosse program at LSE? I've tried sending an email to someone there but never received a reply. Anyway, another question that comes to my mind is: lacrosse even recognized in England? I've been playing for a national team and competed against the English and Welsh teams few years ago, so I know they have something there (the English team was very good // our team beat the Welsh team by the score of 17-0 or something like that). I have made a decision to leave the US (and virtually abandoning the sport) to study at LSE, and I'd be heartbroken to never pick up my stick ever again.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will join the cow throwing club.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Londo
I will join the cow throwing club.

I don't appreciate your sarcastic tone. Enjoy throwing cows.
Reply 3
Hey,

Lacrosse is quite big in the UK in the proper girls schools. I would assume there will be opportunity for you to "pick up the stick" again if you do come to the UK, although I am certainly not the person to comment on the quality of the LSE squad.:smile:

What are you planning on studying if you do go to LSE?
Aunt Jemima
Does anybody know anything about the lacrosse program at LSE? I've tried sending an email to someone there but never received a reply. Anyway, another question that comes to my mind is: lacrosse even recognized in England? I've been playing for a national team and competed against the English and Welsh teams few years ago, so I know they have something there (the English team was very good // our team beat the Welsh team by the score of 17-0 or something like that). I have made a decision to leave the US (and virtually abandoning the sport) to study at LSE, and I'd be heartbroken to never pick up my stick ever again.

The Lacrosse club wasn't about this year, so as the page on the LSESU website says, its looking for new members to join for the new season. You probably won't get a reply straight away because it's Easter so the guy/girl will either be on holiday somewhere or revising and not checking his/her emails.
Reply 5
Aunt Jemima
I don't appreciate your sarcastic tone. Enjoy throwing cows.

It was just a joke, I am sorry if you have no sense of humour.
Reply 6
:smile: chill boys and girls :smile:
Reply 7
alexeynechaev
Hey,

Lacrosse is quite big in the UK in the proper girls schools. I would assume there will be opportunity for you to "pick up the stick" again if you do come to the UK, although I am certainly not the person to comment on the quality of the LSE squad.:smile:

What are you planning on studying if you do go to LSE?

Hey, thanks for the input. I think you may be mistaking for a girl because of my "Aunt Jemima" name. I'm actually a guy whose favorite pancake syrup happens to be named Aunt Jemima. Anyway, I received an offer from the Accounting & Finance program.
Reply 8
Londo
It was just a joke, I am sorry if you have no sense of humour.

I am sorry for you too man.
Reply 9
Do us a favour and change your name to Uncle Jemima. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Knogle
Do us a favour and change your name to Uncle Jemima. :biggrin:

Haha i was thinking the same. When I do change my name, I'll let you know.
Reply 11
Aunt Jemima
Haha i was thinking the same. When I do change my name, I'll let you know.

Yeah but then the awesome reference to the syrup disappears :biggrin:
Reply 12
He'll still have Jemima in his name to remind him of the syrup. :wink:
Reply 13
Aunt Jemima
Hey, thanks for the input. I think you may be mistaking for a girl because of my "Aunt Jemima" name. I'm actually a guy whose favorite pancake syrup happens to be named Aunt Jemima. Anyway, I received an offer from the Accounting & Finance program.

Ah, i see. As far as I am aware, neither Harrow nor Eton play Lacrosse (certainly not Harrow), but I have heard of guys in the school from America still playing the sport somewhere.
Reply 14
Aunt Jemima
I am sorry for you too man.

Sad
Reply 15
I am certain there is lax in the London unis, but I think it is run as University of London lax rather than just LSE, but i may be wrong. There is definitely lax to get involved with, so bring your stuff, worst case, there are a few clubs in the area who are always keen for games. check out www.laxforums.co.uk if you want to find out more
Reply 16
Thanks iBop. I am definitely bringing my stuff. Do you play yourself?
Reply 17
Eton, Harrow, Winchester, St Pauls, Merchant Taylors, none of them play lacrosse. However it does seem to get bigger at uni (all of them have squads - we were discussing why the americans love it and couldnt come up with a reason). Most aren't very serious ('cause most guys in UK havent played before). No doubt there is a LSE team (And if you are good enough you play for UoL). {I know for a fact that Kings do so LSE must}
Reply 18
Yeah, I played at school in Manchester, then with a club during my gap year, and now I'm playing at on the comittee at Durham.

Men's Lax is taking off at Uni now in a good way, its just been accepted as a new BUSA sport for the upcoming season. There are quite a few players around who have played before they start Uni, but there are a lot more that start at uni. Most seem to pick the game up pretty quickly.
Reply 19
Call me stupid if you will but what on earth is Lacrosse?

Latest

Trending

Trending