The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Scroll to see replies

Hi Nicole, I've just firmed a place for Mental Health Nursing Sept 2013. I'll be 30 when I start eeek!
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
I applied and got a conditional place for English. But it's my third choice if Keele and Birmingham don't accept me so I don't think I'll be going to Worcester :P
Got a place for Film joined with Media & cultural studies! I just kind of threw Worcester there to fill up the 5 places, but now that I am looking it really looks nice. Anybody been to the open days? Is it really nice? Or does anybody know how good the media courses are?
Reply 4
Original post by Dinoinpaleblue
Got a place for Film joined with Media & cultural studies! I just kind of threw Worcester there to fill up the 5 places, but now that I am looking it really looks nice. Anybody been to the open days? Is it really nice? Or does anybody know how good the media courses are?

I applied for drama so can only talk from a general POV for you but in general, it had a nice creative vibe. The day I went it rained a lot but was a pretty campus with willow trees and seemed quite green. The talks I went to had good speakers and the students seemed genuinely happy. :smile:
Reply 5
I'll also be studying Film, but with screenwriting. I'd love to know more about the university, one of the lecturers emailed me personally and told me that we'd be invited to 'visit days', but 'cause I'm travelling, they'd answer questions personally, which is good! I looked at pictures and decided that it's probably going to be an amazing city to live in. I'm pretty excited, but still waiting on all the other universities to tell me their choices, so that I can accept. :]
I'm in my third year at the moment, doing a business, economics & marketing degree, I'll be happy to try and answer any questions you guys have :smile:
Original post by robodude789
I'm in my third year at the moment, doing a business, economics & marketing degree, I'll be happy to try and answer any questions you guys have :smile:

Nice to hear it from someone who actually studies there now!
I have some questions:
first: How easy it is to find a part-time job there? And does Worcester uni do good job helping students to find a job? I will really need one in order to well... buy food and things.
secndly: How open minded area it is? I am openly queer, vegan, and I look a bit odd, and as I am now living in a strict, old fashioned Catholic village where people literally stop in the streets to stare at me, I am really hoping to find something... more open minded.
I've applied for environmental science. I applied just before the holidays so I don't expect to hear back until mid january.
Reply 9
I'm starting my PGCE in Secondary English at Worcester in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ive applied for primary teaching - got interview on 23rd Jan.... hope i get in
Reply 11
I've got an offer for Biochemistry, 260 UCAS Pts.
Reply 12
Also got an offer for Biochemistry, 260 points. Is Worcester your first choice?
Reply 13
Got an unconditional offer for environmental science, I'll be 21 when it starts. Scary stuff :smile:
Reply 14
I applied for Psychology and I'm waiting for an offer, I hope i get in if Cardiff doesn't send me an offer :smile:
Reply 15
Hey there :smile:

My names Alicia and I have also applied for a place at Worcester. I will also be 20 by the time I start and I have chosen to study psychology :smile:
I have been to Worcester many times and loved the area!
Have you been around Worcester yourself? Xx
Reply 16
Original post by giuliaw
I applied for Psychology and I'm waiting for an offer, I hope i get in if Cardiff doesn't send me an offer :smile:

I have also applied to psychology :smile: and waiting to hear back from them. Fingers crossed you'll get in! xx
Reply 17
oh yah i go to worcester college its like blates amazing. everybody is like so nice.
Original post by nicolepott1993
Hey! Well, I'm applying to university at the moment and I've got a confirmed unconditional place at Worcester. I'm going to be 20 when I go there! Anyway, just wondered if anyone else applied and if anyone is going to go there :smile:

I have an offer, but I haven't recieved anything by post or on track so I have no idea what it is, only that it is for the course I applied to, environmental science. My birthday is september 15th, so I'll just be 20 when I start to :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Clare~Bear
I have an offer, but I haven't recieved anything by post or on track so I have no idea what it is, only that it is for the course I applied to, environmental science. My birthday is september 15th, so I'll just be 20 when I start to :smile:

are you planning on going to the visit days in feb?

Latest

Trending

Trending