The Student Room Group

Should I change Uni's?

So basically I've been at uni from mid September and I'm seriously not enjoying it!

TL: DR

Unhappy at uni. The course isnt really what it says. I've already had a total of 3 weeks off. I've seen a similar course at a different uni except combined honours degree. Should I see if the other uni will accept me for 2013 entry?

Due to many reasons however mainly my course and a few bitchy girls.

So basically at the start I thought my course was alright. It wasnt too difficult for me except the maths aspect of the course! This was only because I did maths at GCSE F level and gained a C in it. So it was quite difficult to understand what was basically A-level maths.

The real reason I chose this course was because my college were very pushy in people having a place at university. It wasnt really something I chose from UCAS or knew that much about.

It is meant to be a degree in Health Science (I would rather not say which uni im at because people I know are on here) However so far there has been no relation to the "health" aspect what so ever.

Since been at uni ive been away for a total of 3 weeks, and it will be 4 weeks by friday next week (one of these was in October due to a sever chest infection)

I've made these feeling clear to my programme director and he is fully aware of it.

I've seen a similar course in BioScience with Business Studies. Which is something I enjoy doing and took it at AS level (I was in yr 13 when I picked it up and also took it at GCSE)

Should I see if the university offereing the similar course is willing to accept me I have enough points to get on to to course but I dont know whether I should go for 2013 entry!
Reply 1
Anyone care to give at least some advise :frown:
Reply 2
My boyfriend is in his first year at uni, and is extremely unhappy for a variety of reasons. He's planning on continuing his degree at a different uni from next year, as he just can't justify being unhappy for a further 2 or 3 years just for a degree. I fully support him in his decision, because at the end of the day it's just uni. You'll still end up with a degree! :biggrin: but if it means you could be happier, go for it. Or at the very least research all of your options fully, so that you can make an informed decision.

:smile: just remember, there's almost always a way to fix a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending