The Student Room Group

Need advice for UCAS application

I accidentally confirmed the UCAS uni offer. SO, if I want to reject this offer, what should I do? Should I just not give the public exam result? Also, under what conditions can I join UCAS clearing?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Cattyfish1234
I accidentally confirmed the UCAS uni offer. SO, if I want to reject this offer, what should I do? Should I just not give the public exam result? Also, under what conditions can I join UCAS clearing?

Call UCAS. Their number is 0371 468 0 468 and they're open Monday to Friday from 08.30 to 18.00.

To apply for a course via Clearing, (a) Clearing has to be open (which it isn't yet), (b) you must have no offers, and (c) you must have no pending decisions.

Assuming you didn't apply via UCAS Extra, then you won't have any pending decisions (universities had until 18 May to decide). You can even decline a confirmed place on A level results day if you want.

I assume you've changed your mind about what course you want to do at uni? Or about what uni you want to attend? What has prompted your change of heart?

If you're happy with the uni, but not the course, you could contact the uni and ask to switch.
Reply 2
Its actually fairly difficult to do this "accidently".

If you have now changed your mind, call UCAS.
Its fairly easy to change your choices within 14 days of making your original choice. after that its still possible but you will need advice/info from UCAS about how to do this.

But - think carefully about what you do actually want before you call UCAS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending