The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Changing Course

Hey, can I change course after the first year, I’m coming up to finishing my first year and I’m realising the course isn’t what I want to do. I currently do law can I change to media?
Reply 1
Yes you could but really it depends on the uni. Instead of asking an online forum of strangers, email your uni
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, can I change course after the first year, I’m coming up to finishing my first year and I’m realising the course isn’t what I want to do. I currently do law can I change to media?

You could also drop out and start again on a different course elsewhere.Much better than struggling on with a degree that isn't for you.You can also contact other uni admissions and see what they say.Are you sure you want to do media?Maybe a gap year would give you time to really look into courses and get some experience in the field you want to go into .Don't rush into another subject unless you are very sure about it

Hi there

This change should be possible depending on factors such as the capacity on the other course, your results etc. That being said I would really recommend emailing your uni to ask them what your options are. It is possible that you may have to reapply for the following academic year but again if you email or call up your uni then they should be able to advise on the appropriate steps to transfer from law to media. I would suggest contacting them as soon as possible about this.

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep :smile:

Hi,

Transfers between courses are possible, however, a variety of factors will need to be considered prior to the change. Due to the change in course you have mentioned with different subject areas, the admissions tutors would need to review to see if you would need to start at year 1 or if there is any option to start in the second year.

You can contact the team by popping to see them, calling or emailing them.

I hope this helps.
Del

Quick Reply

Latest