The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by Multitalented me
Looks fairly similar to the one he scored against Everton last season.

Reply 2942
Original post by Tommyjw

Crazy how the technique in each is a complete mirror image, hes just ridiculous, stupidly good
Thanks for the gifs. Incredible goal.
Original post by Wilfred Little
What part of "great club", "great achievement" and "deserved champions" did you not understand :confused:

I haven't criticised Man. United once.

Well fair enough. I wish your team every success for the rest of the season. I made a mistake after the City game, it was a regrettable rant. But I'm human, I make mistakes. And I thank you for your kind words.
Only proper image if Nani icould find

I think we all feel a little redeemed tonight. Remember all the doubts that the media forced on us about our young players? Remember when people said David De Gea was a skinny, undersized, clumsy dodgy goalkeeper that werent good enough for this league? Remember everyone laughed at Phil Jones, and Danny Welbeck's finishing, and Cleverley's injuries? Roy Keane said in Basel 16 months ago Ferguson's new United team just weren't good enough. Sir Matt Busby once said "if they're good enough, they're old enough". 10 of the 25 players in this years title winning squad 24 years old or under, this is only the beginning.

And yes, I've a few people poking fun at us and saying there'll be parties in London tonight. Manchester, London, every city in England, every country in Europe and the world has passionate reds, there will be parties everywhere around the world tonight. From Stretford to Beijing to NYC, Manchester United has gone from our club to the world's club and yes I moan at times when it means I can't get a ticket or the atmosphere sucks or whatever, but I honestly couldn't be any more proud of our fans all around the world. Every single one of us tonight are one ... one big red family. This is a title win for everybody. As for the success ... savour it, we're the luckiest generation ever. 13 league titles in 20 years is unreal, and it wont last forever, so enjoy every minute of it whilst you can.

Arsenal away (ticketless) on Sunday will be a huge party, the presentation game will be the biggest party of the year, the parade through town will be a party ... it's celebrations all summer long. So much love for everything red, and for all the decent football fans from other clubs that have congratulated us as well on winning the title tonight, that's class. Thank you. God I love football! I could go on all night but Im a little drunk and need to be up early haha.

MUFC - I don't believe in magic ... but for you I will. #20
Reply 2948
Heard that the average age of our squad was 24, which considering that without giggs, scholes and Ferdinand brining up the average age, that would be 23, that's pretty astonishing. Anyone know what the average age was when we won the league after Hansen said 'you can't win anything with kids'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We'll keep the red flag flying high, cause United will never die
Congratulations on winning the title.
Congrats on number 20 you guys! Well deserved and most consistent team. Bright future ahead for you lot! :congrats:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It feels good. It was really important to regain it after what happened last season. We've done the winning-whilst-not-playing-well thing astonishingly well, probably more so than any other recent season? (2010/2011 comes to mind but whilst we were awful away, we were pretty good at home.) I mean we've had very few utterly convincing performances, I'd say less than a handful; the entertainment has mostly come from having to come from behind rather than us initiating it ourselves. Wingers have been out of form all season, defence suffered in the first half of the season, etc. Just another season which has shown that it's about getting 3 points rather than being convincing, convincing = 3 points. Still a young squad so I don't think SAF is exaggerating when he says it could be the best ever squad. There's a good mixture in there already, with the right signings we will only get better.

I love Evra's interview towards the end of this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22259510. Talks like someone who was born a stone's throw away from OT.
Reply 2953
Gotze to bayern, shocked, cheeky bid in for kroos
Original post by rohitbd
Gotze to bayern, shocked, cheeky bid in for kroos

I don't think that will work. Kroos i think has now over taken Goetze as the Wunderkin of German football.
Original post by Mastermind`
Talks like someone who was born a stone's throw away from OT.

Evra the gloryhunter :colone:
Reply 2956
Maybe if Dortmund players are leaving we could try and sign that midfielder, ilkay Gundogan. I dont know much about him except that hes a cm and very very highly rated, seems like the perfect player for us

He also claims that its his dream to play in England or Spain

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11899/8646310/Borussia-Dortmund-Ilkay-Gundogan-s-dreams-of-England-or-Spain-move

"Everyone has a childhood dream on what he would like to achieve one day and my dream always was to play in England or Spain"
(edited 11 years ago)
If we're to sign a CM, I'd love to see someone like Eriksen. :daydreaming:
It'll never happen, but I'd love Yaya Toure to come our way. A big, strong, surging box to box midfielder would work fantastically with our current style of diagonal long balls.
Original post by mikeyd85
It'll never happen, but I'd love Yaya Toure to come our way. A big, strong, surging box to box midfielder would work fantastically with our current style of diagonal long balls.

Hmm, yeah I see that. Maybe more realistically is someone like Diame, from West Ham? :holmes:

Latest