The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's obviously stupid to compare what you would do to what United did but it does make you wonder. As much as I wanted Fabregas it was highly unlikely we'd get him, so by focusing on Fabregas what we did was allow a potential in Strootman to leave for cheap. We never gave Paulinho a look either. If its true we didn't actually show an interest in Thigao (unlikely) then it's a belief in Premier League experience only. In which case who exactly are we going to sign?

Gundogan seems content to stay, don't appear keen on De Rossi, Verrattis a possibiliy but again it seems he wants PL experience (why I suggested Alex Song when the Fab rumours kicked off) Gustavo seems happy to stay and same for Khedira. Who's left Vidal? Doesn't he want to go Real? What about Guarin?
I'm all for keeping Nani, on around his current deal, he's last opening salvo reportedly asked for a £185k p/w, which he clearly isn't worth. I wouldn't mind him on £130k p/w, hopefully Moyes can get a bit more out of him than SAF did. He's certainly the best of our wingers at playing in one of our more recent formations where the wingers are narrower and asked to do more than just cross.
Original post by That Bearded Man
It's obviously stupid to compare what you would do to what United did but it does make you wonder. As much as I wanted Fabregas it was highly unlikely we'd get him, so by focusing on Fabregas what we did was allow a potential in Strootman to leave for cheap. We never gave Paulinho a look either. If its true we didn't actually show an interest in Thigao (unlikely) then it's a belief in Premier League experience only. In which case who exactly are we going to sign?

Gundogan seems content to stay, don't appear keen on De Rossi, Verrattis a possibiliy but again it seems he wants PL experience (why I suggested Alex Song when the Fab rumours kicked off) Gustavo seems happy to stay and same for Khedira. Who's left Vidal? Doesn't he want to go Real? What about Guarin?

Apparently Veratti has signed a new contract at PSG, so that rules him out. I think the only plausible option for us would be Fellaini.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7543
****ing Fellaini
What a goal by Lingard!
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
What a goal by Lingard!

Don't know why you got neg, but yeah fantastic goal.

Januzaj, Lingard and Zaha have been so exciting to watch.
Original post by Manchester United
Don't know why you got neg, but yeah fantastic goal.

Januzaj, Lingard and Zaha have been so exciting to watch.

Fabio impressed as well but I don't know if they'll get many opportunities in the Premier League. Zaha will I think but not sure about the others. They might get a chance in the cup games though. If we don't buy anyone then I think they should be given a chance.
Reply 7547

Spoiler

lol
Decent performance in Kitchee, a couple of well worked goals but yet again we conceded silly goals, going to need to pick up our concentration at the back before the season starts proper.
Original post by mojojojo101
Decent performance in Kitchee, a couple of well worked goals but yet again we conceded silly goals, going to need to pick up our concentration at the back before the season starts proper.

I think Buttner and Kean just not up to United standard yet. Buttner is good attacking wise but not great at the back. Kean needs to be sent back on loan to gain experience again.
I'd keep Nani - offer him a deal on reduced terms then what he was demanding. I'd keep him ahead of Valencia/Young definitely as and said before, a new manager might be able to get him mentally right to stay and seize his chance but maybe with Zaha coming in and showing good signs, he might feel threatened by that and move on with a bumper contract with Monaco.

Lingard, does anyone feel he has a real chance to do well with the first team or is this pre-season form temporary? Not seen alot of him but he's taking his chances (Welbeck took his today).
Pre season form isn't much to go by Macheda used to be banging them away in Pre season games
Reply 7553
Original post by doggyfizzel
Pre season form isn't much to go by Macheda used to be banging them away in Pre season games

man united fans have to accept that there golden years of winning things are over.They were a one trick pony during the fergie era,yet now they have to face reality.United have the weakest squad of the 3 contenders for the league - city,chelsea and united.They have spent the least and have a manger who has never one ANYTHING.This season will be tuff with them ,they must accept that fergie is gone and the spiral of decline begins.
Reply 7554
Original post by ecogeo
man united fans have to accept that there golden years of winning things are over.They were a one trick pony during the fergie era,yet now they have to face reality.United have the weakest squad of the 3 contenders for the league - city,chelsea and united.They have spent the least and have a manger who has never one ANYTHING.This season will be tuff with them ,they must accept that fergie is gone and the spiral of decline begins.

What's this gotta do with the point doggy put across though?

Also, one trick pony? Care to expand on that?
Original post by ecogeo
,they must accept that fergie is gone and the spiral of decline begins.

Never.

You hear a lot about United playing the United way. The United way is the never say never attitude that has won United championships and cups many time year in and year out. This attitude was spearheaded by Ferguson, yes, but it isn't going to simply disappear.

And yes, United are a one trick pony. They only know how to win. Pretty good trick in my book.
Reply 7556
Original post by zKlown
What's this gotta do with the point doggy put across though?

Also, one trick pony? Care to expand on that?

nothing to do with dogs,sorry. What I mean is that uniteds squad has not been great since the cantona days ,they have relied again and again on fergie to pull them upwards ,yet now without fergie they will find it increasingly challenging to firstly beat the big guns and secondly win trophies - they haven't made any signings with both there midfield and attack not being sufficient enoughto chaallange for the title.
Reply 7557
Original post by mikeyd85
Never.

You hear a lot about United playing the United way. The United way is the never say never attitude that has won United championships and cups many time year in and year out. This attitude was spearheaded by Ferguson, yes, but it isn't going to simply disappear.

And yes, United are a one trick pony. They only know how to win. Pretty good trick in my book.

they only know how to win with fergie..........watch the space,the reality is united will finish 3rd and then it will finally sink in to u united fans that fergie is gone and the golden years are well and truly over.
Original post by ecogeo
they only know how to win with fergie..........watch the space,the reality is united will finish 3rd and then it will finally sink in to u united fans that fergie is gone and the golden years are well and truly over.

Most of us are expecting a 2/3rd place finish, and its not like Fergie never finished 3rd. Don't let that get in the way of your blinding ABU though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7559
Original post by DaveSmith99
Most of us are expecting a 2/3rd place finish, and its not like Fergie never finished 3rd. Don't let that get in the way of your blinding ABU though.

united are the new Liverpool.u may not accept it now but in 5 years time the truth will become apparent

Latest