Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Moyes:

"I couldn't tell you if there will be another bid [for Fabregas],"

"I never at any time said I knew we would get him. We will take stock and consider what we are going to do next."

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23482131

I have to say Moyes seems like the most clueless manager ever. The bid for Fabregas was horrendous. We're as likely to get him as Man City is to get Rooney. It's a stupid, stupid bid in my opinion.
    SAF chose David Moyes as the manager as he believed he was the right man for the job. He also asked the fans to get behind him.

If he is good enough for Sir Alex he is good enough for me and we should be getting behind him. A ball hasn't even been kicked yet in the new season and people are already being negative about him. He needs to be given a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    There's a reason why he has 180m in the bank, he doesnt get ripped off.
    That's exactly why Man United and Arsenal are losing out in the transfer market.

It has inflated and neither club has moved on from that. Good players are costing a lot more. We signed Ferdinand and Rooney for £30M around 10 years ago. You don't get that quality for that price any more. You're going to have to pay around £50M.

It annoyed me every year when Sir Alex said there's no value in the market. It's true, but it's because the market has changed.

ReputationRep:
    Moyes is unproven on Europe, poor cup record, poor away record to the original big 4. Yes he can sustain long projects but I don't rate him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Moyes is unproven on Europe, poor cup record, poor away record to the original big 4. Yes he can sustain long projects but I don't rate him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least wait till half the season is gone before you judge someone :facepalm:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everyone knows he had limited resources at Everton and has done well with what he has had and it's not like he's inheriting a poor squad at Man Utd. People shouldn't judge so soon and wait until the season is over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sám)
    Everyone knows he had limited resources at Everton and has done well with what he has had and it's not like he's inheriting a poor squad at Man Utd. People shouldn't judge so soon and wait until the season is over.
    Moyes so underrated.. people never want to see UTD win. if you see what Wenger had to start with at arsenal and compare it to what Moyes had to start with at everton you will see that moyes is better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm basing moyes on his Everton record. Yes he was on limited funds, but he has stagnated at Everton. A better example is klopp. Thats great management on limited funds. Moyes is grossly overrated, just because he kept everton consistant on a sell to buy policy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm basing moyes on his Everton record. Yes he was on limited funds, but he has stagnated at Everton. A better example is klopp. Thats great management on limited funds. Moyes is grossly overrated, just because he kept everton consistant on a sell to buy policy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Klopp has more to work with not to mention the youth system in Germany is light years ahead of the system in the UK.

Why base it on his Everton record, let him come in an see how he does? He might even "surprise" you.

ReputationRep:
    He might, but he might not. I'm basing it on his track record, which is statistically poor (they do not tell the whole story, mind) but I've merely noticed hype surrounding him just because saf recommended him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He might, but he might not. I'm basing it on his track record, which is statistically poor (they do not tell the whole story, mind) but I've merely noticed hype surrounding him just because saf recommended him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If anything I seem to have seen more pessimism from fans. No ones saying he will come in straight away and work wonders but give him time and I have no doubt he will do well.

ReputationRep:
    There has been almost zero hype surrounded by Moyes. Unsure who has been hyping him.

ReputationRep:
    The Monaco sporting director claims we've offered Nani to them, though it almost sounds like they don't want him. I didn't realise he only has a year left on his contract, so something either way needs to be sorted out ASAP. I think he's worth keeping tbh, potential gamechanger when he actually makes sensible decisions. Much rather get rid of Young or Valencia than Nani.

Bale to Madrid doing some serious rounds this morning. Lots of people seem to think it's because someone is on their way out of Madrid. Unlikely imo, but interesting reading nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously stupid to compare what you would do to what United did but it does make you wonder. As much as I wanted Fabregas it was highly unlikely we'd get him, so by focusing on Fabregas what we did was allow a potential in Strootman to leave for cheap. We never gave Paulinho a look either. If its true we didn't actually show an interest in Thigao (unlikely) then it's a belief in Premier League experience only. In which case who exactly are we going to sign?

Gundogan seems content to stay, don't appear keen on De Rossi, Verrattis a possibiliy but again it seems he wants PL experience (why I suggested Alex Song when the Fab rumours kicked off) Gustavo seems happy to stay and same for Khedira. Who's left Vidal? Doesn't he want to go Real? What about Guarin?

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for keeping Nani, on around his current deal, he's last opening salvo reportedly asked for a £185k p/w, which he clearly isn't worth. I wouldn't mind him on £130k p/w, hopefully Moyes can get a bit more out of him than SAF did. He's certainly the best of our wingers at playing in one of our more recent formations where the wingers are narrower and asked to do more than just cross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    It's obviously stupid to compare what you would do to what United did but it does make you wonder. As much as I wanted Fabregas it was highly unlikely we'd get him, so by focusing on Fabregas what we did was allow a potential in Strootman to leave for cheap. We never gave Paulinho a look either. If its true we didn't actually show an interest in Thigao (unlikely) then it's a belief in Premier League experience only. In which case who exactly are we going to sign?

Gundogan seems content to stay, don't appear keen on De Rossi, Verrattis a possibiliy but again it seems he wants PL experience (why I suggested Alex Song when the Fab rumours kicked off) Gustavo seems happy to stay and same for Khedira. Who's left Vidal? Doesn't he want to go Real? What about Guarin?
    Apparently Veratti has signed a new contract at PSG, so that rules him out. I think the only plausible option for us would be Fellaini.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ****ing Fellaini

ReputationRep:
    What a goal by Lingard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    What a goal by Lingard!
    Don't know why you got neg, but yeah fantastic goal.

Januzaj, Lingard and Zaha have been so exciting to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Don't know why you got neg, but yeah fantastic goal.

Januzaj, Lingard and Zaha have been so exciting to watch.
    Fabio impressed as well but I don't know if they'll get many opportunities in the Premier League. Zaha will I think but not sure about the others. They might get a chance in the cup games though. If we don't buy anyone then I think they should be given a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.