The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zaha has looked good again today as well, that's the main thing I will take from our preseason tbh; the promising performances from Zaha and Januzaj
#moyes out

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8122
Ferdinand looks pissed haha
weak from butner...

- overal dispite it being pretty awful, Id still be confident in united this season, IF they get a new CM...

With the current crop of players, and promising youngsters in most positions, it all seems good... accept in the mid,

Honestly, no excuse at all for moyes if he doesnt sort this out.
Original post by NathanW18
That's a shame for Rio. It's kind of hard to compare him to Scholes or Neville. A lot of fans will always prefer them, but he's still a great player and deserved a good show from the fans tonight.

He definitely deserved better but this game has really just slipped under the radar of a lot of United's regular match-going fans. The general feeling seems to be that it's not worth paying £25 for two days before the Charity Shield when the player isn't retiring and we can all see him in the coming weeks anyway.

At least everyone seems to be recognizing how good Januzaj is now. Two seasons ago he was in the academy and now he's edging into a spot in the first team squad. Most players tend to get stuck in the reserves for 3-4 years or go out on loan but Adnan seems to have been hotshotted through the U21s towards the big team. :smile:
Reply 8125
Im making a fantasy football team and would like to know what midfielders at man utd you think will get the most points and same for defender. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
We need to sort it out at the back. Its all good saying we need a midfielder but if we keep conceding goals like we've done today then it doesn't look good for the start of season. Although it wasn't our first team back four, Buttner really doesn't seem to know how to defend at times, Fabio played okay going forward he needs to improve on his crossing ability and Smalling had a decent game but needs to stay focused a lot more. I think the back 4 on Sunday will probably be Rafael - Vidic - Evans/Smalling - Evra.

On the positive note that was Adnan's best game in a United shirt. Zaha played a decent since he came on defiantly should play ahead of Valencia on Sunday.

I'd like to see United play in this team on Sunday:

DG
Rafael - Vidic - Evans/Smalling - Evra
Cleverly/Jones - Carrick
Zaha - Anderson - Adnan
RVP
So we're not talking to Ashley Williams about Swansea's preseason. This doesn't seem even slightly like a testimonial.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
x

Me personally...

DDG
Rafael Vidic Evans Evra
Carrick Jones
Januzaj Kagawa Nani
Van Persie

or

Back 7
Zaha Januzaj Nani
Van Persie

Ideally, I'd start the scouser. But that's not possible right now.
Reply 8129
Original post by qr95
Im making a fantasy football team and would like to know what midfielders at man utd you think will get the most points and same for defender. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Midfield options are all terrible. Not sure which wingers will start out of Nani, Young, Valencia and Zaha, could be any combination. Only guaranteed CM starter is Carrick and he won't score points. Kagawa could be worth a risk, could well start the season behind RVP, but that's ignoring Rooney and Kagawa's a rotation risk regardless.

Evra only guaranteed defensive starter really. Ferdinand and Vidic have fitness worries so CBs could change quite a lot. Rafael's a possibility but I can see Jones getting quite a bit of time at RB too.

De Gea, Evra and Van Persie are our only guaranteed starters who'll score points in fantasy football, and they're all very expensive. Couple of gambles like Rafael, Zaha and Kagawa who could end up being steals if they establish themselves but I don't know how safe you want to play it, you'd want a strong bench because they'd probably end up missing a decent amount of games.
------------------DDG--------------
---Rafael----Evans---Vidic---Evra--
-----------Jones----Carrick----------
---Nani--------Van Persie------Zaha-
--------------Chicharito--------------

That's how I'd go on Sunday.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Me personally...

DDG
Rafael Vidic Evans Evra
Carrick Jones
Januzaj Kagawa Nani
Van Persie

or

Back 7
Zaha Januzaj Nani
Van Persie

Ideally, I'd start the scouser. But that's not possible right now.

I thought Nani was injured if not then he should defiantly start the game seemed in good form before he went off. Kagawa I'd place on the bench based on todays performance seemed completely out of form and Anderson didn't do such a bad job so would prefer him to start. Although Giggs could be an option as well seemed good today once he came on.
I thought Anderson actually did well today. Moyes has picked him a lot and he's finished 90 minutes in a couple of those games. If we don't get a CM, I think he's going to be the guy that gets to play next to Carrick.

On Sunday, I think the line up will be:

-----------------De Gea--------------
Rafael------Evans----Vidic------Evra
-----------Jones----Carrick----------
Zaha------------Giggs-----------Nani
--------------Van Persie-------------

I don't think anybody that started today will start on Sunday. Except De Gea, of course.
Reply 8133
Ok which winger should I pick for fantasy football most likely to start next bpl game
Nani/zaha/valencia/young.....im so confused lol
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
We need to sort it out at the back. Its all good saying we need a midfielder but if we keep conceding goals like we've done today then it doesn't look good for the start of season. Although it wasn't our first team back four, Buttner really doesn't seem to know how to defend at times, Fabio played okay going forward he needs to improve on his crossing ability and Smalling had a decent game but needs to stay focused a lot more. I think the back 4 on Sunday will probably be Rafael - Vidic - Evans/Smalling - Evra.

On the positive note that was Adnan's best game in a United shirt. Zaha played a decent since he came on defiantly should play ahead of Valencia on Sunday.

I'd like to see United play in this team on Sunday:

DG
Rafael - Vidic - Evans/Smalling - Evra
Cleverly/Jones - Carrick
Zaha - Anderson - Adnan
RVP

really? you would start anderson in AM instead of kagawa? (and rooney, if his imaginary injury goes away)
Original post by fallen_acorns
really? you would start anderson in AM instead of kagawa? (and rooney, if his imaginary injury goes away)

On Sunday yes I would since his played quite a few games in pre-season and looks decent as well. Kagawa on the other hand looks a bit out of form and so I'd start him on the bench. If Rooney is fit then I'd start him instead.
Original post by qr95
Ok which winger should I pick for fantasy football most likely to start next bpl game
Nani/zaha/valencia/young.....im so confused lol

Personally, I'd take a punt on Nani. But I'm just a fanboy.
Sad to see a lot of reds on Twitter having doubts about David Moyes before he's even played a competitive game. It strikes me that the club's marketing team have picked an atrocious time to start pushing social media as the latest thing. When Ferguson was the manager and most fans were happy and stable United had a Facebook page up which was run by an outside PR company and mainly used by overseas fans, and that was it. Over the summer now that there's a lot of doubt and uncertainty the club have decided to finally catch up with the curve of pop culture and jump on Twitter, Google+ and Instagram. Reds around the world have been given even more ways to voice their discontent at a time when the directive should be encouraging people to be positive and support the new boss.

Terrible move.
Original post by IanDangerously
Sad to see a lot of reds on Twitter having doubts about David Moyes before he's even played a competitive game. It strikes me that the club's marketing team have picked an atrocious time to start pushing social media as the latest thing. When Ferguson was the manager and most fans were happy and stable United had a Facebook page up which was run by an outside PR company and mainly used by overseas fans, and that was it. Over the summer now that there's a lot of doubt and uncertainty the club have decided to finally catch up with the curve of pop culture and jump on Twitter, Google+ and Instagram. Reds around the world have been given even more ways to voice their discontent at a time when the directive should be encouraging people to be positive and support the new boss.

Terrible move.

I agree, You need to give the new boss time to adjust to his new role. At the end of the day the results will tell the true story
Original post by IanDangerously

Terrible move.

A valid point but the club may have decide on this new social media/marketing move prior to SAF's announcement and they probably thought to go ahead with it and use Moyes' annoucement as a positive thing to usher in this new more prominent social media aspect. But I tend to agree with you; with Moyes in, we could have kept a more lower profile and upgraded at a later date. I mean, Manchester United are hardly going to be forgotten for not having a Twitter account are they?

They can't reign it in now that they've started it so it'd have to be managed appropriately.

Latest