Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pre-season previously would be dismissed but considering our starting run of games, it's imperative to show that we will be ready to go come the start of the season. If we had a favourable start then you can take it abit more easier but we need to getting ready to start with the foot on the accelerator.

Valencia was quite affected by Chucho Benitez's death, nice touch by him for the goal celebration.

ReputationRep:
    One good thing to come out of pre season is for 18 years old Januzaj is looking really good. Still makes some poor decisions, but that is expected. His technical ability is clearly there.

Smalling has had a decent second half, looks pretty good on the ball, good considering he's coming back from injury.

ReputationRep:
    We usually always have terrible pre-season games. Doesn't mean anything.

(Original post by IanDangerously)
      I can't stand Owen Hargreaves as a human being.
      :p:

--------

I wonder if Januzaj fancies dropping back into a CM role for every game next season.... :beard:

ReputationRep:
      The people I've spoken to at half time that are there tonight have said it's every bit as bad live as it's coming across on TV and they wish they'd never wasted the money.
      That's a shame for Rio. It's kind of hard to compare him to Scholes or Neville. A lot of fans will always prefer them, but he's still a great player and deserved a good show from the fans tonight.

We've dropped points in big games early in the season before and recovered it so it's not disastrous if we start badly but it would be an advantage to start off strong. One thing we do know about the other teams challenging for the title is that they have a tendency to get complacent when they're top and throw it away. I know we did that in 2012 but the others have more form for totally bottling it than we do.
      I agree with that, but I don't ever remember us having a tough start like this to any season. We have played a top team in the first couple games and dropped points before, but not playing 3 title rivals in the first 5 games.

We're playing a lot better now since the subs.

ReputationRep:
      It sums up our situation that the only promise seen in pre-season is an 18-year-old. With his age, shows no signs of fear or being uncomfortable on the ball.

ReputationRep:
      Januzaj and Zaha are going to be so good next season, can't wait!

ReputationRep:
      Surely Adnan has forced himself into the starting line-up for Sunday

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
      :p:

--------

I wonder if Januzaj fancies dropping back into a CM role for every game next season.... :beard:
      way he's playing he's gonna be getting plenty of games this year

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
      Well Kagawa and Rooney haven't exactly done themselves any favours. That said, I don't want to put too much pressure on him.

ReputationRep:
      Adnan's played the full game today so doubt he'll start - maybe a place on the bench or left out altogether, keep him abit grounded.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
      Would be nice, but he's going to play the full 90 tonight. I think he'll be on the bench.

ReputationRep:
      Zaha has looked good again today as well, that's the main thing I will take from our preseason tbh; the promising performances from Zaha and Januzaj

ReputationRep:
      #moyes out

Spoiler:
      Show
      sarcasm

ReputationRep:
      Ferdinand looks pissed haha

ReputationRep:
      weak from butner...

- overal dispite it being pretty awful, Id still be confident in united this season, IF they get a new CM...

With the current crop of players, and promising youngsters in most positions, it all seems good... accept in the mid,

Honestly, no excuse at all for moyes if he doesnt sort this out.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by NathanW18)
      That's a shame for Rio. It's kind of hard to compare him to Scholes or Neville. A lot of fans will always prefer them, but he's still a great player and deserved a good show from the fans tonight.
      He definitely deserved better but this game has really just slipped under the radar of a lot of United's regular match-going fans. The general feeling seems to be that it's not worth paying £25 for two days before the Charity Shield when the player isn't retiring and we can all see him in the coming weeks anyway.

At least everyone seems to be recognizing how good Januzaj is now. Two seasons ago he was in the academy and now he's edging into a spot in the first team squad. Most players tend to get stuck in the reserves for 3-4 years or go out on loan but Adnan seems to have been hotshotted through the U21s towards the big team.

ReputationRep:
      Im making a fantasy football team and would like to know what midfielders at man utd you think will get the most points and same for defender. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      We need to sort it out at the back. Its all good saying we need a midfielder but if we keep conceding goals like we've done today then it doesn't look good for the start of season. Although it wasn't our first team back four, Buttner really doesn't seem to know how to defend at times, Fabio played okay going forward he needs to improve on his crossing ability and Smalling had a decent game but needs to stay focused a lot more. I think the back 4 on Sunday will probably be Rafael - Vidic - Evans/Smalling - Evra.

On the positive note that was Adnan's best game in a United shirt. Zaha played a decent since he came on defiantly should play ahead of Valencia on Sunday.

I'd like to see United play in this team on Sunday:

DG
      Rafael - Vidic - Evans/Smalling - Evra
      Cleverly/Jones - Carrick
      Zaha - Anderson - Adnan
      RVP

ReputationRep:
      So we're not talking to Ashley Williams about Swansea's preseason. This doesn't seem even slightly like a testimonial.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.