The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oromis263
My friends there have said it's definitely faster than Maths A, but I have looked at some of the Maths B stuff and it looks fine. I think the difficulty comes with the pace of lectures and only a few of the extended topics.

When you say it looks fine is that because it's similar to further/core maths content?
Original post by bananarama2
Yes. In fact you need to really understand the stuff. There is a requirement you get around 95% in any two of FP1,FP2 or FP3.

Urgh, I dropped further so I could do physics so I could do NatSci in the first place when all I really wanted to do was Maths and Chem.

Hmm, my plan was to teach myself the rest of FP1 and FP2 in the summer but if they require exams in it then I'm screwed.
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping my maths + fm references are strong enough that they'll allow me to do it without the exams.
Reply 302
Hello!

Did the postman bring sb good news from Fitz, Economics? :smile: National or international? And congrats to everybody for getting in!
Original post by TheCrazyFool95
Hey, is there anyone from Trinity Hall for Linguistics here? Feeling a wee lonesome :frown:

Hello :smile:

Well, to be honest it's very much possible that you're the only Linguistics offer-holder at TH. :smile: (From the previous statistics they seem to have given out only one offer each year.)

Anyway, there's Powerfrau for Magdalene and Florence and I (almost wrote 'and me' :teehee:) for Newnham, so let the Linguistics party begin (/continue). :biggrin: And of course, congrats on your offer!

Powerfrau
X

Florence321
X
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 304
Original post by chignesh10
Did you get an offer?

yeah :smile:
Reply 305
Congratulations to all of you on your offers! In case you have any burning questions about anything Cambridge related, I've bumped the "What do you want to know about Cambridge?" thread that was really popular last year, so have a read and ask away!
Reply 306
Original post by PartonProduct
Hey guys!
I'm in for Phys Nat Sci - offer: just 2 A's at Fitzwilliam college :biggrin:!!

Is anyone else in for Fitz (please say yes, haven't found ANYONE yet :colondollar:)

Oh, and congratz to everyone here :tongue:

I've also been asked for AA at Trinity, did you do maths early?
Reply 307
Original post by karima95
heyy, finally someone from trinity! :biggrin: i was there on the fifth, what about you?

Original post by Caitlin_dj
I was there on the 3rd and 4th in the upstairs JCR most of the afternoon on the 4th if I saw you I know the Trinity College thread is kinda crap nobody is on it

Woo two others with Trinity offers! What subjects are you two for? My interview was on the 3rd (medicine) but I don't think I saw you Caitlin, may have seen you in passing though, you never know! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 308
yayy more trinity peeps :biggrin: congrats on your offer! :smile:
Original post by bíborcsiga
Hello :smile:

Well, to be honest it's very much possible that you're the only Linguistics offer-holder at TH. :smile: (From the previous statistics they seem to have given out only one offer each year.)

Anyway, there's Powerfrau for Magdalene and Florence and I (almost wrote 'and me' :teehee:) for Newnham, so let the Linguistics party begin (/continue). :biggrin: And of course, congrats on your offer!

I have no idea how to quote everyone you have in your original message, (how on earth do you quote people from other threads??!) but hi fellow linguists!! :dancing:

(Can't believe that I can post in this thread!!)
Reply 310
Original post by karima95
yayy more trinity peeps congrats on your offer!

Thank you, and you! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ThatFrog
Woo two others with Trinity offers! What subjects are you two for? My interview was on the 3rd (medicine) but I don't think I saw you Caitlin, may have seen you in passing though, you never know! :smile:

Probably not as I didn't have dinner in college :frown: congrats on your offer hopefully we'll all be there in October!
Reply 312
Original post by Caitlin_dj
Probably not as I didn't have dinner in college :frown: congrats on your offer hopefully we'll all be there in October!

I didn't either, my dad travelled up with me so I wasn't going to ditch him to try the food :biggrin:
Original post by darbyj
I've also been asked for AA at Trinity, did you do maths early?

Hi there :ciao: Yeah I did :tongue: guessing you did as well then? Did they specify which subjects the A's needed to be in?
Hopefully getting the two A's should be pretty straightforward and we'll both be there in October :beer:
Reply 314
Anyone here for newnham?
Original post by theminimg
Anyone here for newnham?

Hi, congrats on being fished! :smile: Is this for History? (I gathered all this from a brief look at your post history, do correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm also for Newnham, but Linguistics. :smile:
Reply 316
Original post by bíborcsiga
Hi, congrats on being fished! :smile: Is this for History? (I gathered all this from a brief look at your post history, do correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm also for Newnham, but Linguistics. :smile:

Cheers, did you apply or were you fished? Linguistics looked fun but I didn't think I was clever enough to apply when I looked at the course - I do French an Spanish, what do you do?
Reply 317
WOO offer for Psychology (PBS) at Homerton!
Reply 318
Original post by PartonProduct
Hi there :ciao: Yeah I did :tongue: guessing you did as well then? Did they specify which subjects the A's needed to be in?
Hopefully getting the two A's should be pretty straightforward and we'll both be there in October :beer:

Yeah, so pleased I did too, all of my offers have been 2 grade :biggrin: No, they just said not general studies, which is fine because I don't do GS haha :tongue: all my subjects this year are sciences and f. maths so I guess it doesn't matter, did they for you? Haha yeah barring a disaster, I plan on being there come October :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by theminimg
Cheers, did you apply or were you fished? Linguistics looked fun but I didn't think I was clever enough to apply when I looked at the course - I do French an Spanish, what do you do?

I was a direct applicant and had my interviews at Newnham, so if you have anything to ask about the college, go ahead. :smile: (Not that I'm an expert after two days, or anything.)

Oh, wow, so you're studying two languages as a History applicant? That's great. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending