The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spheniscidae
It's reasonable - A*AAA (since I'm doing 4 subjects), but it's not like I can slack off in any of my subjects either :biggrin:

How about yours?

Mine is the same offer! I was slightly surprised because the standard is A*AA, so I wondered if I would've even been accepted if I had dropped one. I know another Magdalene acceptance who got a harsh offer (A*A*A)- do you reckon it's a Magdalene thing? :tongue: Nope, no slacking off! :s-smilie:
Original post by Kalliope
Oo, exciting! See you in October :colondollar: What subject for?

I thought that this line "I should be grateful if you would write to me soon with your decision" sort of implied a letter, or at any case it was better to be safe than sorry! An email should probably be fine though - I don't know! :tongue: At the footer of mine there's a thing says "all correspondence should be addressed to" and then the general admissions address, so I think that's the one. The email on the letter is also the general admissions email, so I would go for that :smile:

I'm glad you are too! Now just paranoid about I can turn how "Yes, I accept! YAY!" into a formal letter longer than a sentence :tongue:

Haha yeah that sounds good, I'm also pondering over how to formally formulate a "yes" and not sound too crazy :P

I've applied for Law, but seeing as Peterhouse is so small I'm sure all freshers meet each other despite subject choice ^^ What subject have you applied for?
Original post by Powerfrau
Mine is the same offer! I was slightly surprised because the standard is A*AA, so I wondered if I would've even been accepted if I had dropped one. I know another Magdalene acceptance who got a harsh offer (A*A*A)- do you reckon it's a Magdalene thing? :tongue: Nope, no slacking off! :s-smilie:

Was the A*A*A in an engineering/mathematics subject by any chance? Because apparently these subjects are more likely to have 2A*s in their offer. I don't know whether it's a Magdalene thing really - though it must vary from college to college as one of my friends got an offer from Trinity Hall and hers was A*AAE...

I don't think I would've gotten in without my fourth subject, to be honest, as Medicine is such a competitive course, and Cambridge in particular are very selective on your academics and ability to cope with a large workload. I was really surprised when some of my friends got into NatSci with only 3 subjects, as I've heard the horror stories of everyone applying having 5+ subjects... I don't know anyone who got into Cambridge Medicine with 3 subjects at the moment.
Reply 1063
Original post by thompa
Hi all
My son has an offer for Caius ( mml ) this year and I was wondering what a typical week at Cambridge would entail.
As much info as possible please.
I am a little worried as we are not a well off family and he has worked extremely hard to get to Cambridge.I am sure it is rubbish but I am a little concerned that his working class roots will not fit in even though he knows and says that we have nothing to worry about.
Thanks in advance all:confused:

Hey, I'm also a Caius offer holder for MML this year and I'm working class too, got a chavvy accent and all so you needn't worry about him being the only one :wink:
Reply 1064
Got an offer from newnham for philosophy- any other philosophers out there? :smile:
Reply 1065
Reply 1066
Original post by Nyolg
Mine has updated recently. What do I do to accept the offer? I can't see any new 'clickable' option in my Track however it states that the offer has been made. I have a feeling that I'm missing sth obviou. :P

You need to wait until you've got all the responses back first.

Or you can withdraw from the outstanding ones if you've already got what you want.
Reply 1067
In case anyone reading this thread is thinking of applying to Cambridge, I've started a blog documenting my progress towards attaining the grades I need to meet my offer for 2013 entry. I've just written a post about the application process which may be insightful for anyone who feels they don't have the highest academic grades- neither do I but I still got an offer! You can view it at the following address: http://trialsofacambridgehopeful.blogspot.co.uk/
I was just looking through my exam certificates to send off and I didn't declare a short course gcse in it that i did in year 9 (i completely forgot i even did it), do you reckon this will be an issue :/ i feel so awkward - someone please calm me i hope it wont matter as I have an unconditional offer and everything else is fine....
Original post by Jackkkkk
I was just looking through my exam certificates to send off and I didn't declare a short course gcse in it that i did in year 9 (i completely forgot i even did it), do you reckon this will be an issue :/ i feel so awkward - someone please calm me i hope it wont matter as I have an unconditional offer and everything else is fine....

:lol: You're screwed. :smile:

Seriously? I highly doubt they will care, it was so long ago, and just a short course, I doubt they made the decision based on that. I would either contact them about your discovery or just not bother sending the copy. Probably better to go for the former. :smile:
Original post by Oromis263
:lol: You're screwed. :smile:

Seriously? I highly doubt they will care, it was so long ago, and just a short course, I doubt they made the decision based on that. I would either contact them about your discovery or just not bother sending the copy. Probably better to go for the former. :smile:

okay thats fine ill do that :smile: thank you - just ya know how it is the feeling of panic and Oh My God Noooo hahha!
Original post by akcs
In case anyone reading this thread is thinking of applying to Cambridge, I've started a blog documenting my progress towards attaining the grades I need to meet my offer for 2013 entry. I've just written a post about the application process which may be insightful for anyone who feels they don't have the highest academic grades- neither do I but I still got an offer! You can view it at the following address: http://trialsofacambridgehopeful.blogspot.co.uk/

The Alhambra is just wow. The day I went though, it was something like 49 degrees celsius! Soldiered on and took it all in though; getting back to our villa later that day and taking a dip in our pool was heavenly. :tongue:
Reply 1072
hi there, is anyone else from newnham here? :smile: congratulations everyone by the way :smile:
Original post by Nyolg

Not Emma, but Phys Nat-Sci. What subjects do you intend to choose?

I don't really know yet, as much maths and theory as I can I find that the most interesting :P u?
Anyone with an offer to do law at Robinson? :smile: Oh yes, congratulations to everyone who made it through! :clap2:
Reply 1075
Hi all,

I just got an offer to read NatSci (Physical) at Churchill, the requirements are A*A*AA (where the 2 A*s have to come from further maths and chemistry). I'm a Malaysian doing an 18-month A-level program (CIE). Our academic year starts in January 2012 as opposed to September 2011 like in the UK, which is why I only took the AS examsin October 2012. My results will be out on the 22nd Jan. I'm just wondering whether Cambridge will accept resits. Chemistry is not my strongest suit and I'm not very sure whether I did well enough in Chemistry AS to get an A* for it eventually. If I were to sit for Chemistry AS again in May (alongside my chemistry A2), will Cambridge disapprove of this?

Any advice on this would be well-appreciated! Thanks in advance :smile: :smile:
Original post by TheHaylio
The same :biggrin: it seemed like a 'real world' subject? So you can see how economics etc is in real ife haha

Yeah, I know. I'm really looking forward to it :smile:
Original post by gabriejike
Yeah, I know. I'm really looking forward to it :smile:

do you have an open day soon? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ThatFrog
OMG me too! Yay another Trinity medicine offer holder! When was your interview, maybe I saw you? Mine was on the 3rd :smile:

No way! mine was on the 3rd too! haha my interview was at 4.45 when was yours?
Original post by TheHaylio
do you have an open day soon? :smile:

No, I meant to the course :smile:
where are you applying from?

Latest

Trending

Trending