Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend got me a teddy bear ... from a petshop? :S Watch

ReputationRep:
    If it's a dog toy you should be offended. Other than that a gift is a gift, although if you're going to tell him you're not happy, explain why.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't see what the issue of the teddy bear being from a pet shop... why is that a bad thing?

Based on that, I think you are being unreasonable (especially if you liked the teddy bear) and I wouldn't be annoyed at all...

Maybe it is a teddy bear from a charity or fund, sold at the pet shop? are you sure it is from a pet shop at all? what is so terrible about it coming from a pet shop?

ReputationRep:
    What is wrong with a petshop? :confused:

Teddy bears are actually quite expensive nowadays for what they are, if he's a student then it's likely he won't have much money to spare, maybe petshops were the cheapest option?

(Original post by HerroKitty)
      Ugh God I know what you mean.. My boyfriend got me the cutest handbag ever but i found out that it was from Tesco... I mean eww!! He knows the lowest I go is Armani Express..

He doesn't know me at all
      Good parody until you said Armani Express... it is Armani Exchange

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by HerroKitty)
      Ugh God I know what you mean.. My boyfriend got me the cutest handbag ever but i found out that it was from Tesco... I mean eww!! He knows the lowest I go is Armani Express..

He doesn't know me at all
      This made me cry, you need to dump him and unfollow him on Twitter ASAP Name:  cry.gif
Views: 167
Size:  194 Bytes

ReputationRep:
      Maybe he's become pathologically delusional. Watch out for the following:

- Bonios start appearing in the biscuit tin
      - He starts expecting you to piss outside
      - He starts repeatedly calling your name in a fast high-pitched voice to gain your attention
      - Your next date is at the vet

ReputationRep:
      It would have been worse If he'd got you a pet puppy from a toy shop, that would have raised even more questions IMO.

ReputationRep:
      If there's ever something for a boyfriend to complain to his mates about, rightfully, over a pint, then it's this.

ReputationRep:
      That's no teddy bear !

ReputationRep:
      If you bought him something special that you put a lot of thought into, and in return he picked up a random teddy while he was buying cat food, you're allowed to be a bit upset.

You can also be slightly upset if it was a birthday present of something, but it might have been better to keep it to yourself to avoid hurting his feelings.

If, however, he was out buying cat food, saw the teddy, and bought it for you as a nice surprise, without expecting anything in return, you're being very unreasonable.
      "Oh, that surprise present you bought me with no real reason isn't good enough because it didn't come from the right place."

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.